The Agora road my little pony thread

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Genuine question do people outside the uk actually think this is the dialect of English people? I've heard about Americans who think we live in huts and rely on candles for light
I am actually British, so I have no idea. I just hate this country and enjoy making fun of it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Genuine question do people outside the uk actually think this is the dialect of English people? I've heard about Americans who think we live in huts and rely on candles for light
I'm sure there's some but I think in most cases it's just people making fun of what is in reality a very slight accent. It's like the jokes about Canadians about how they pronounce words like "about" differently, even though in just about every other respect their dialogue and standard american english is exactly the same

Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
I'm sure there's some but I think in most cases it's just people making fun of what is in reality a very slight accent. It's like the jokes about Canadians about how they pronounce words like "about" differently, even though in just about every other respect their dialogue and standard american english is exactly the same
Ohh like when they say 'aboot' im not sure if thats how they make fun of canadians though because I don't often see canadians being made fun of apart from in south park

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Ohh like when they say 'aboot' im not sure if thats how they make fun of canadians though because I don't often see canadians being made fun of apart from in south park
yeah that's how it is. Also that canadians are friendly to the point of masochism, love hocky and maple syrup, and are in perpetual winter always having to deal with elk, bears, and Inuit tribal groups

Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
yeah that's how it is. Also that canadians are friendly to the point of masochism, love hocky and maple syrup, and are in perpetual winter always having to deal with elk, bears, and Inuit tribal groups
Masochism as in they are submissive? Also I don't blame them for liking maple syrup i love that shit so sweet and nice as well as honey can u tell im pinging rn sorry if this seems all over the place

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Masochism as in they are submissive? Also I don't blame them for liking maple syrup i love that shit so sweet and nice as well as honey can u tell im pinging rn sorry if this seems all over the place
not necessarily submissive, more a stereotype that they'll never get angry and seem incapable of holding a grudge no matter how horrible someone's been to them. The stereotype comes from Canadians always going out of their way to be on friendly relationships with americans, because they have 3000 miles of border with the USA, a far more powerful country. However their recent prime minister Trudeau did not help this stereotype due to how he handled problems of chinese speculators buying up huge amounts of canadian land and various other immigration and foreign affairs issues by just blithely accepting it and asking Canadians at large to just accept it too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
not necessarily submissive, more a stereotype that they'll never get angry and seem incapable of holding a grudge no matter how horrible someone's been to them. The stereotype comes from Canadians always going out of their way to be on friendly relationships with americans, because they have 3000 miles of border with the USA, a far more powerful country. However their recent prime minister Trudeau did not help this stereotype due to how he handled problems of chinese speculators buying up huge amounts of canadian land and various other immigration and foreign affairs issues by just blithely accepting it and asking Canadians at large to just accept it too.
If this stereotype is true then i love canadians and the need to be protected

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Yeah i mean its hard to tell whether someone's sarcastic or not online but yh 28 pages is crazy
If we keep it up we'll pass the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk cringe thread and become the longest thread on Agora

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
If we keep it up we'll pass the >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk cringe thread and become the longest thread on Agora
Anarchy thread is 80-something pages I think

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards