The album that stopped me from ending it all.

Oasisboi

Physical embodiment of The Oasis
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Around 2017 I was an emotional wreck and I wanted to die, I was just plain miserable in my assistance. This was partially due to my parents being, well, mean In a sense. The rest of it was caused by me being lazy and unmotivated. I had no purpose in life, sure I wanted to do something with plants when I grew up but still. Anyway, on a particularly miserable day, I decided that life was not worth living and I let go of all my problems, imagined and real. I decided on a date to do it and when I was watering my plants genuine happiness flowed over me, as I would not have to deal with the world anymore. I flopped onto my bed while listening to some soviet wave when the famous album 슈퍼마켓Yes! We're Open autoplayed. I was taken aback by the ambient nature of it as I was not familiar with vaporwave yet. The reverb hit me just right and I closed my eyes, I was transported to a trippy ass world of grocery stores and thrift stores, I browsed and the noise in the background was like flowing water it mixed perfectly with the music seemingly coming from overhead. There wasn't any reason to it but this album just made me start crying by the Aisle 3. Something inside me just snapped and reordered, the beauty of the song, the aesthetic just attuned to me. This experience rivaled a trip and I finally got a grasp of logic and I swore that I would not kill myself over anything that happened. My last thought before slipping into sleep was that I need to reorder my life. Im not sure If this belongs in this category but I just wanted to post this. Sorry if it sounds cringe or edgy.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Sorry if it sounds cringe or edgy.
Not at all, my man. Vaporwave can have that sobering attribute sometimes. The hazy production can lull you into a state of deep contemplation. I'm glad you're feeling better- suicide is never the answer.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Oasisboi

Physical embodiment of The Oasis
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Not at all, my man. Vaporwave can have that sobering attribute sometimes. The hazy production can lull you into a state of deep contemplation sometimes. I'm glad you're feeling better- suicide is never the answer.
agreed, I feel a LOT better, vaporwave is such an amazing thing. I have come a long way since then. :agsmile:

Virtual Cafe Awards