The Cleanliness Thread: In Defiance of Big Soap

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Intro
So a few months ago I was reminiscing on all those memes where women use a million different products and their hair still looks bad whereas men will use 1 all-in-one soap and have beautiful hair. I started thinking about why this was the case and the answer I came up with was this: using soap essentially scrubs all natural oils from your body so in order to compensate you must add external oil to your skin to keep it moisturized. The problem I have with this is that human bodies already have mechanisms to create our own oil so why should we try to suppress that? Obviously we have to clean ourselves, but it's very clear to me that the way the soap industry says you should clean yourself is not the optimal way to do so if you want good skin and hair. So I started and experiment where I tried out a slightly alternate cleaning method.

The Experiment
I decided upon trying this method for a few months and see how it turned out. The method is as follows: I only wash my armpits, my groin, my ass, and my feet and hands with soap. For my hair and beard I thoroughly run hot water through them to scrub some of the excess body oil out of them. Everywhere else I generally leave alone unless I got dirty that day in which case I'll use soap in those areas.

The Results
After a few months of doing this, I can say that this experiment was a success and I shall continue washing myself this way. For a few weeks when I started out, my hair was pretty greasy, but it was manageable because of the hot water treatment I did to it. Now though it feels so much more healthy and full. I run my hands through it and it just feels more "right" than when I was using shampoo on it regularly. My beard also used to get so insanely dry and pimply even though I would run beard balm through it regularly. Now though it's not an issue at all. Even though the hair is coarse, it's not coarse and dry anymore and I rarely ever get pimples now. As for the rest of my body, I haven't really noticed any change at all. Given the results of this I genuinely think that you don't need to wash most of your skin unless it gets dirty. As long as you wash the parts I mentioned above your skin seems to stay pretty healthy.

So what do you guys think? Are you going to give it a shot? Do you think this is stupid? Do you have any alternate cleaning methods that could be worth trying? Let me know

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
The bathing industry is a psyop, us stinkers need to unite against big poo and big soap!

Unironically though, using less shampoo has been a blessing for my hair.

Virtual Cafe Awards