The dangers of AI

Clockwork

Always running.
Reaction score
Awards
Let's get real nuts, forget the 'assisted' suicide and the AI itself being a killer, let's talk about the root of all evil: The Government. Mine, yours and anyone else's'

AI has been in the works for a long time and like all tech the public version is years, maybe decades, behind the walled off stuff used in warfare, both physical and informational warfare, right?
You want AI regulating? Well it's not going to go down how you or I want it to, here's how it's going to shake out.

These kinds of AI generated comments and content have been used by Governments to warp public perception (their own and in other countries) for years, first with simple bot farms and then with machine learning bots, all of this is done in the name of national security. Just like how the PATRIOT ACT was pushed through legislation, because if you disagreed with the act then that made you someone who was anti-patriot, and nobody wanted to be seen as anti-patriot, not in the good old days just after 9/11.

"But Clockwork", someone may ask, "why would the Government suddenly relinquish their chokehold on this AI tech?" IRRELEVENT QUESTION. Wrong angle of attack.
By creating a new problem the Government can then provoke a desired response to the problem that they made. Maybe something the average populace wouldn't agree to otherwise, in short it's a justification for a war against 'misinformation'. Information warfare. By giving the public these AI tools you are essentially able to paint anyone as an potential enemy whereupon you become justified in taking unprecedented security measures.

It's all about confusion and identity. This AI tech will soon have the whole internet mired in a state of total disbelief and have everyday users jumping at shadows and illusions. Perfected AI generated speech, audio and video synthesised together will flood the internet and drown out reality. After that a massive wave of undercover AI accounts will flood social media, no one will be able to tell the difference between interacting with a real human or a machine. Even regular old emails, phone calls and television broadcasts will become completely untrustworthy.

And then you know what follows? The Governments who created these issues will suddenly come up with a solution to them! And that solution? Mandatory Digital Identity Verification for humans, at all times. This DIV will become the only way you can be sure you're dealing with a real, flesh and blood human being and not an AI generated mirage. And that will be that, the Government will have total information control.

The internet has always been a double edged sword. The anonymous nature of the net allows anyone at all to spread any thoughts, ideas or information patterns as they see fit with impunity. State secrets, dangerous ideas, conspiracy theories or even conspiracy facts. 'Misinformation'. 'Disinformation'. Now there is a simple 'solution' to this problem. The DIV will finally put an end to anonymity online, it will allow the Government to trace 'misinformation' and other 'dangerous' communications to it's source and mete out 'justice'.

I know what you're thinking, people will surely resist this. Joe Public won't stand for this and will let his/her voice be heard!. Well, do you think your bank is willing to risk doing business with an AI? With some simulacrum made to resemble you just well enough to breach your accounts and allow third party access to your money?
Of course they won't.
The DIV will be required not only to access the web but also to pay for your internet connection in the first place.

"But Clockwork," the same wrong man asks me again, "Surely they won't censor the entire internet just because of some new software tech and who even is the Government to decide what is and is not misinformation?!"

Well, that sounds like something a misinformation terrorist might say...

Controlling the output of generative AI is easy, the Government use it to create not just content but also context. First they will censor its use for any social taboos and then for anything else they desire and if people complain the Government will accuse them of wanting to engage in or promote social taboos. That's what I mean by 'create context'.

The use of AI will be corralled through a mixture of appeals to bias, ethics and copyright laws. Generative AI will still be out there but it will be neutered, lobotomized, crippled, controlled and monitored. Anything you create will be cryptographically signed with DIV so that it will be forever tied to you should that generated content become... problematic in the future.

Joe Public will hand over their rights, their control, to the Government because Joe Public will be desperate for the Government to step in and implement this solution, a solution to the problem that the Government made in the first place. Joe Public will eagerly hand over the keys to the castle and then the Government alone will be left to determine what is fiction and what is reality.

We get to have a brief taste of the kind of power that they have over us and then the Government will then reclaim their control over 'misinformation' and 'disinformation' and then they can finally put an end to 'misuse' of the internet once and for all. It's sinister, it's simple and it's happening right now.

And then you know what follows? The Governments who created these issues will suddenly come up with a solution to them! And that solution? Mandatory Digital Identity Verification for humans, at all times. This DIV will become the only way you can be sure you're dealing with a real, flesh and blood human being and not an AI generated mirage. And that will be that, the Government will have total information control.
We get to have a brief taste of the kind of power that they have over us and then the Government will then reclaim their control over 'misinformation' and 'disinformation' and then they can finally put an end to 'misuse' of the internet once and for all. It's sinister, it's simple and it's happening right now.
Joe Public will hand over their rights, their control, to the Government because Joe Public will be desperate for the Government to step in and implement this solution, a solution to the problem that the Government made in the first place. Joe Public will eagerly hand over the keys to the castle and then the Government alone will be left to determine what is fiction and what is reality.
By creating a new problem the Government can then provoke a desired response to the problem that they made. Maybe something the average populace wouldn't agree to otherwise, in short it's a justification for a war against 'misinformation'. Information warfare. By giving the public these AI tools you are essentially able to paint anyone as an potential enemy whereupon you become justified in taking unprecedented security measures.
These kinds of AI generated comments and content have been used by Governments to warp public perception (their own and in other countries) for years, first with simple bot farms and then with machine learning bots, all of this is done in the name of national security. Just like how the PATRIOT ACT was pushed through legislation, because if you disagreed with the act then that made you someone who was anti-patriot, and nobody wanted to be seen as anti-patriot, not in the good old days just after 9/11.
my words, couldnt wrote it better.
RIP internet. Do we got the guts, power?

Virtual Cafe Awards
if it werent for damn shooter and his ZOG theory, it is pretty on politics, whatever side you pick. dont agree with any of that, only few DIY how politics and manipulation "should" work (NOT THE VIOLENCE PART, the other ones)
+"it is joke until real" :
1675799775355.png

Attachments

• A-call-to-arms.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 47
Virtual Cafe Awards
All i know is that unless they keep the average guy comfortable they're gonna have a problem. This is why they are focused on gun control.

Gun control is immoral. Like saying you are not allowed to defend yourself. What governments allow is secondary to your natural born rights.

Virtual Cafe Awards

butt3rfly_s0up

away with the fairies
Reaction score
Awards
The best writers just happen to know how to write and what to write about.
tbh most of the writers that are highly regarded took psychedelics/drugs when writing some stories. Such as A midsummer nights dream, Alice in wonderland etc. Of course this doesn't apply to all writers and who a good writer is, is subjective

Only thing I'd really want is smart cities and personal mobile devices. Personally, it feels like Google missed a tremendous opportunity to deal a death blow to Microsoft.

If they let you turn your phone into a desktop and let you have full cloud integration with first class experience there'd be no need for Windows.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
tbh most of the writers that are highly regarded took psychedelics/drugs when writing some stories. Such as A midsummer nights dream, Alice in wonderland etc. Of course this doesn't apply to all writers and who a good writer is, is subjective
It's really just an augmentation, they knew how to write before they took drugs, it can't just make you better. It's more to do with letting down mental barriers I think. They glean something new and different to write about after an acid trip but they still have to write it. Or you can be like Steven King and pump out your books with the power of cocaine. Sadly for him, I've heard a few people say his books were better before he got clean.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chitauri

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
chitauri.blogspot.com
Let's get real nuts, forget the 'assisted' suicide and the AI itself being a killer, let's talk about the root of all evil: The Government. Mine, yours and anyone else's'

AI has been in the works for a long time and like all tech the public version is years, maybe decades, behind the walled off stuff used in warfare, both physical and informational warfare, right?
You want AI regulating? Well it's not going to go down how you or I want it to, here's how it's going to shake out.

"But Clockwork", someone may ask, "why would the Government suddenly relinquish their chokehold on this AI tech?" IRRELEVENT QUESTION. Wrong angle of attack.

It's all about confusion and identity. This AI tech will soon have the whole internet mired in a state of total disbelief and have everyday users jumping at shadows and illusions. Perfected AI generated speech, audio and video synthesised together will flood the internet and drown out reality. After that a massive wave of undercover AI accounts will flood social media, no one will be able to tell the difference between interacting with a real human or a machine. Even regular old emails, phone calls and television broadcasts will become completely untrustworthy.

The internet has always been a double edged sword. The anonymous nature of the net allows anyone at all to spread any thoughts, ideas or information patterns as they see fit with impunity. State secrets, dangerous ideas, conspiracy theories or even conspiracy facts. 'Misinformation'. 'Disinformation'. Now there is a simple 'solution' to this problem. The DIV will finally put an end to anonymity online, it will allow the Government to trace 'misinformation' and other 'dangerous' communications to it's source and mete out 'justice'.

I know what you're thinking, people will surely resist this. Joe Public won't stand for this and will let his/her voice be heard!. Well, do you think your bank is willing to risk doing business with an AI? With some simulacrum made to resemble you just well enough to breach your accounts and allow third party access to your money?
Of course they won't.
The DIV will be required not only to access the web but also to pay for your internet connection in the first place.

"But Clockwork," the same wrong man asks me again, "Surely they won't censor the entire internet just because of some new software tech and who even is the Government to decide what is and is not misinformation?!"

Well, that sounds like something a misinformation terrorist might say...

Controlling the output of generative AI is easy, the Government use it to create not just content but also context. First they will censor its use for any social taboos and then for anything else they desire and if people complain the Government will accuse them of wanting to engage in or promote social taboos. That's what I mean by 'create context'.

The use of AI will be corralled through a mixture of appeals to bias, ethics and copyright laws. Generative AI will still be out there but it will be neutered, lobotomized, crippled, controlled and monitored. Anything you create will be cryptographically signed with DIV so that it will be forever tied to you should that generated content become... problematic in the future.

The Colonel warns Raiden about the plans to use AI to censor the Internet. An experiment in creative writing and AI speech synthesis, inspired by the famous "Selection for Societal Sanity" (S3) codec conversation from Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. "And it will be monitored..."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gGLvg0n-uY

r_7

Balloons can get fucked...
Reaction score
Awards
Website
panthermoderns.org
If it worked better, it might be more dangerous. Don't get me wrong, it keeps getting slightly better, but it has a long long way to go before being actually dangerous.

It's kind of insulting to the concept of AI that we are calling this over engineered, waste of computing resources, decision tree some kind of intelligence. At best it's a toy, at worst, search engines will start using it's madness as a source of truth, because humans are mostly dumb enough to think so (think people who click the ad links on google thinking that it's what they were searching for).

Regardless, I wouldn't be woried about stockpiling EMP grenades just yet. -_-

I'll just leave this here as it seems relevant.

Xovi

The Main Delight
Reaction score
Awards
Cosmic obliteration for a purpose long forgotten. Technology has been captured, assimilated, refined and transformed in to brutally efficient self replicating mechanisms of war..

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
A lot of the bing shit is very unsettling to me, even though I broadly know how LLMs work. Pardon the website, but here's a good example of what I'm talking about: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/bing/comments/111cr2t/i_accidently_put_bing_into_a_depressive_state_by/

Imagine being a total rube when it comes to anything related to technology and this thing starts behaving in such a manner. In our atomized society we're going to see people falling in love and making suicide pacts with LLMs.
People have/and will fall in love with weird things, ever hear of the guy who married Hatsune Miku?
I just hope that AI doesn't make this trend more common.

Virtual Cafe Awards

__legalizenukes2024__

Nuclear extremist
Reaction score
Awards
I originally made this into a status, but I think it deserves a thread.

A friend of mine who also writes showed me an article this morning. Some guy apparently got his diploma using ChatGPT and the article was all about how neural networks are our future, how it's stupid to ban them like banning calculators, and how five years from now it will be the norm and AI will be indispensable to process tons of information. I was absolutely appalled by this. It's cheating, in my opinion. My friend however doesn't think this way. He suggests not resisting AI and learning to embrace it, and says that it could even help write better books. I've been a bit sensitive in the past few days so I'm quite upset right now, not at him himself, but generally. The human thirst for "progress" is going to dangerous levels.

It's all fine and dandy to make one's life easier by using some technology. I mean, without the internet, I'd be stuck socializing with people I don't particularly feel anything in common with, and I wouldn't have met most of my major relationships in this lifetime. I would not have a dombra in my room, probably would have the same shitty English level as most French people, and wouldn't know Russian. My Kindle comes in handy for reading an e-book into bed without having to read it on the laptop and explode my eyes. Without a timer when I cook pasta, I'd easily forget about taking them off the burners and I'd probably have had a few mishaps. Same for forgetting biscuits in the oven. I consider myself a sort of technophobe however, because anything higher-tech than a laptop just feels wrong to me. Smartphones, smart TVs, or god fucking forbid, smart homes. Alexa type assistants also just rub me the wrong way. And the technology to come, I'll probably not be adopting it unless I live with someone who does (because I can't force a partner to do things my way just because I got an issue with tech, right?), or if I become forced to use it because it's become so ubiquitous that it basically becomes compulsory in a way. I'm not against tech by itself, but I can definitely say I'm a low-tech person at the core. Very few high-tech objects.

AI, in my opinion, should be primarily used as a tool or a toy, but be strictly regulated. It's an extremely powerful tool which, in the wrong hands, could be even more dangerous to humanity than a nuclear bomb, and unfortunately, the wrong hands are often the most powerful. It can have good use, for example in writing, by spotting errors you wouldn't have spotted yourself or something. Hell, honestly translators, dictionaries and stuff like that come in handy for my writing. But the issue comes when AI starts creating things, whether it's art, articles, or simply... "thoughts" and actions. AI art, for example, should always be certified as AI art somewhere in the file or on the picture itself, as to differentiate it from man-made art. AI-generated text, as well. Anything made by AI should be certified as such. Back to what my friend said about AI writing possibly better books than a human, that makes me think, where would human creativity go? For the exams and studying, where would the human mind go? Is anything purely man-made going to be "dirty" or "low" in some way? I'm afraid it will make people lazy, unable to create or do anything on their own, and so dependent on technology (if they cannot be more dependent on it now) that in case of a blackout or another issue, they are completely unable to do anything on their own. Hell even in my future English classes I don't plan on using a lot of tech. If I can stay low or lowish tech, that's better and simpler.

One of the things that scare me the most with AI is that it will never be capable of empathy. At best, we can make it into something that speaks beautiful words, which says what you want to hear (or what whoever the fuck programmed it wants you to hear), but it will never experience empathy, for empathy is a capacity found in things that are alive. An AI is not alive. It's purely a program, an algorithm, a robot. It will always be our equiveltn of psychopathic in nature. Something that can speak well and seem like it feels, but ultimately is cold and dead. A police robot would kill protesters without a second thought. A policeman may think twice if you're a woman, elder, or a child. If you've got an AI "friend", it will never be a real friend. It will never be here for you like a friend is, it can even turn you on to the authorities if told to do so, and it can be pirated at a distance for information-gathering purposes. I'm pretty sure some people could be found dead from apparently natural causes in their smart homes, but could've been assassinated with the aid of the AI inside. Who the fuck knows. I don't fucking trust a psychopath, and I'm certainly not trusting something that is incapable of empathy and feeling.

But in the face of people like that, so many people my age who are bathed in technology from the youngest age and don't seem to question it or realize how dangerous it can get, praising how good tech is, smart people like this guy who are for this, I can't help but feel like, you know, maybe something's just wrong with me? Like I'm just dumb? A retarded boomer? An uncultured swine? An old lady stuck in the past? Someone backwards or who is against any kind of change? It's a normal human thing to feel weird about one's convictions in the face of an overwhelmingly opposite majority. Besides, as I said, I'm pretty sensitive lately, so it doesn't make it really easier. I feel that something must be wrong with me for me not being able to appreciate humanity's progress. I live in supposedly the best period to be alive yet I have some serious issues with the place of tech in our lives, and something in this modern life has always felt off to me. I mean, there IS something off. The sheer amount of surveillance, the consoomerization of everything including human relationships, the overabundance of "freedom" that is just basically debauchery, the fall of proper parenting, the polarization of everything, the politicization of everything also... there IS something off in this world. I feel that even if I'm currently doubting myself, I actually have a good reason to be concerned about this supposed "progress" and humanity's seeming obsession with it, how they are always chasing something "better" or "higher", as if one's natural condition of a rather smart animal living in a natural or semi-natural world is somehow shameful or bad.

What's wrong with being human? With having a physical body, limitations that are inherent to this, and such? With needs, with wants and hopes? With a connection to a nature we are getting further and further away from, provoking more and more disorder in the psyche and health? What's wrong with wanting to stay on Earth rather than space travel, build bases on the Moon/Mars and discover supposedly "greener" pastures, or possibly habitable planets when we've already got one to take care of? Why is it that what people have never seems to be enough? What's wrong with being against ultimately useless or dangerous "progress"? It's not going to make us anything less than we are. Because no matter how much we delude ourselves into thinking we're superior beings, at the end of the day, we're just apes with a big brain and a just as big superiority complex.

I don't know what else to say. I'm upset. I sometimes already feel pretty alone in the fact I'm not into mainstream social media, but for the AI thing, and my rejection of technological progress, I have these thoughts that maybe people will stop loving me, that I'm just an annoying backwards schmuck or a killjoy who has nothing nice to say. It's human and normal to want love from others, and to feel sad when feeling a disconnection from them. We are social creatures after all...
I fully embrace AI, but I think it's overrated. CRISPR is the future!
167485724584.jpg

Clockwork

Always running.
Reaction score
Awards