• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

The Dinosaur craze of the 1990s

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Is it just me or was anything related to dinosaurs really fucking huge back in the 90's and very early 2000's?

You had the original Jurassic Park trilogy, Walking With Dinosaurs, Dino Crisis, Land Before Time, the Dinosaurs TV show, Disney's Dinosaur movie from 2000, even PBS kiddie shit like Barney. Even the shitty 1998 Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick tried to ape Jurassic Park.

Like, this was most obvious with children's media like Land Before Time and Barney, but you even saw it elsewhere in the 90's, like the Toronto Raptors I guess the first Jurassic Park was where it all kicked off, considering how huge that movie was in the early 90's and a lot of the craze fittingly died down with Jurassic Park III, which was the worst of the original films in a lot of people's opinions (including my own)

shocked earl sinclair GIF
chris pratt dinosaurs GIF by Digg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Also Cadillacs And Dinosaurs, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Primal Rage, etc, etc...
Yes, dinosaurs definitely were a 90's thing, and they were hella cool. This is one of the things I miss.
sentient_dino_1.png
sentient_dino_2.png

Dinosaurs!

I have socks with T-Rex riding a skateboard, and this is awesome. If I'll ever do my own website, I'll steal that and make it my logo.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
This reminds me of a painting/poster that I had as a child, it had 4~5 different dinosaurs on it in a fern forest. Each dinosaur was primarily a different color, it was something like a red T-rex, yellow stegosaurus, blue triceratops, purple anklosaurus, and a green pterodactyl.
It's been so long since I've seen it I probably have the dino's/ colors wrong.

Also power Rangers

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBHKeRWKqN8

Surprised this wasn't mentioned already

Virtual Cafe Awards

nsequeira119

DNW Expert
Reaction score
Awards
Website
tinyurl.com
Is it just me or was anything related to dinosaurs really fucking huge back in the 90's and very early 2000's?

You had the original Jurassic Park trilogy, Walking With Dinosaurs, Dino Crisis, Land Before Time, the Dinosaurs TV show, Disney's Dinosaur movie from 2000, even PBS kiddie shit like Barney. Even the shitty 1998 Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick tried to ape Jurassic Park.

Like, this was most obvious with children's media like Land Before Time and Barney, but you even saw it elsewhere in the 90's, like the Toronto Raptors I guess the first Jurassic Park was where it all kicked off, considering how huge that movie was in the early 90's and a lot of the craze fittingly died down with Jurassic Park III, which was the worst of the original films in a lot of people's opinions (including my own)

shocked earl sinclair GIF
chris pratt dinosaurs GIF by Digg
Absolutely not just you. This is a clear trend with lots of documentation. The 90s were insanely oversaturated with dinosaurs, but I don't mind because it's much less cynical for pop culture to be oversaturated with something legitimately interesting in the public domain than it is for pop culture to be oversaturated with Iron Man and shit

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vitnira

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Yes and we need to resurrect it with feathered dinos

The Exodite Eldar of 40k (SPACE ELVES RIDING DINOSAURS!) were made in the middle of the craze and they are the best 40k faction hands-down I will hear no other heresy. Demand GW release Exodite Codex 2025 to begin Dino Craze 2.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The Exodite Eldar of 40k (SPACE ELVES RIDING DINOSAURS!) were made in the middle of the craze and they are the best 40k faction hands-down I will hear no other heresy. Demand GW release Exodite Codex 2025 to begin Dino Craze 2.
Dinosaurs were also an option for imperial rough riders at some point. The option has been called "xeno mount" or something. 2nd edition, perhaps? No official models, but it was there for conversions. Good ol' days.

Ji7sEbBb_o.jpg
WbM3f29f_o.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh my goodness, I've just found a song named literally Cadillacs And Dinosaurs.

By all Gods, this wave of 80's/90's revival in 2010's was so damn good. I hope it won't be the last good thing in my lifetime.

Virtual Cafe Awards