the end of fatties?

power gem

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
there has been a lot of noise in the media lately about Ozempic/Wegovy and Mounjaro. these are members of a relatively new class of drugs called GLP1 agonists which were originally developed to manage diabetes, but turned out to be effective for weight loss as well. a plethora of news articles discuss how shady clinics have sprung up to supply the drugs to celebrities and influencers and how the unprecedented number of people using it to get thin has caused shortages for the people who need it to stay alive. elon musk is on it.

now first of all I think the articles about this stuff glow in the dark and even when they talk about ethical concerns it sounds like a thinly veiled ad for the drug. the news coverage is probably all funded by the pharma industry and I won't be surprised if we find out in 10 years that it gives you cancer, alzheimer's, and quadruple AIDS. the drugs have a nasty list of side effects including a possibly increased risk of thyroid cancer. if i knew a fat person who wanted to get on this shit i'd tell them to stay away from it and lose weight the old fashioned way. that said, if you believe the claims made in the articles and by users of the drug on social media, it sounds like this may be the first effective pharmaceutical treatment for obesity.

the mechanism of action is interesting. the existing diet drugs that aren't entirely snake oil either work by increasing the metabolic rate (clenbuterol, DNP) or making you shit out all the fat you eat (orlistat). GLP1 agonists are different. they seem to act by modifying behavior. if you read posts from users of the drug on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, they talk about how the injection turned them from a fatty fat fat who can't stop stuffing their face with cheetos and mcdonalds to a sensible person who eats small, balanced meals and maybe some carrot sticks as a snack.

leddit said:
I have to share that my first .25 dose was like a light switch. Suddenly I can eat whatever I want, but what I mean by that is I can just plan a healthy meal, portion it out, eat it and move on. I've never been able to do that without throwing basically everything I have at it. I can't think about much else and I have to be really careful not to be around available carbs, like in an office kitchen. This week? Absolutely none of that. I had one small piece of lasagna and that was good, I felt I had enough.

It's so overwhelming to look back at my life and realize I have NEVER felt like this. I've always wanted the third piece of pizza just as much as the first one. I'm not sure I've ever felt "full" in anyway except becoming literally bloated with food. Now after the first portion, I just don't want the second one as much. I've been able to lose significant weight before, but it takes so much of my mental energy to stick to it and it always feels like holding back the tide. Is this what other people feel like? How did I not know?

leddit said:
It feels SO nice.. used to order a 15 piece wing plus a side now I only order a 6 piece and eat 4... I used to come home from a stressful day and eat a horrible meal plus whatever desserts or sweet snacks I wanted now I come home from a stressed day and cook myself a small healthy meal... it's weird because I was on keto before ozempic and lost 50 pounds that way and I stalled couldn't lose any more, but I look back at the quantity of food I was eating even doing strict keto vs now and I'm like wow I was still eating a ton

leddit said:
I over eat because all I can think about is food . Day in and day out . Every hour of ever day. I am a binge eater. I eat when I'm happy, sad , stressed . I eat until I barf.

Ozempic does something to me to stop that. I don't think about food all the time . I actually feel full for the first time in my life. I was never hungry for all the food I ate .. I just had an insatiable need to eat.

I've lost 93 lbs since I started ozempic 14 months ago and haven't focused on hunger since.

the ideal diet pill used to be a drug that would let you eat anything you want and still lose weight. this drug changes what you want. it's unsettling to think about how one weird-looking molecule can supposedly change the fabric of your personality (at least if you're talking about a diabetes drug and not an acid trip). does willpower have any meaning if you can just take an injection and lose the desire to engage in unhealthy habits? i've always been thin, never had the urge to overeat, etc. i used to think this was because i was raised right and have discipline but maybe i was just born with a high level of endogenous GLP-1 agonists.

if the drugs live up to the hype and really are a cure for being fat, i'm curious about the social implications. considering that the majority of the US population is overweight or obese, is there an argument for making the use of these drugs mandatory? it would probably be a more effective public health campaign than the coof vax, and i'm sure the pharma companies would be thrilled- there's no better racket than selling both the cause and the cure. will body positivity and fat activism continue to exist when anyone with health insurance can become thin without doing any work? might it become a smaller but more radical movement, like the deaf people who refuse to give their children hearing aids because they think that it erases deaf culture? will it create a biological underclass where only the poor and uninsured are fat and everyone else is skinny and hot? (this already sort of exists - you don't see too many fat millionaires - but there are certainly a lot of middle- and upper-middle-class fatties.)

supposedly, we're already seeing the effects of these drugs on pop culture. thicc is out of style: the k*rdashians lost 20 pounds on ozempic and had their fake asses removed. 00s revival is popular right now and influencers are adopting the "heroin chic" look, allegedly aided in many cases by pharmaceuticals. if big pharma has actually cracked the code to being skinny, the next few years will be interesting. will the most pressing public health issue in the Western world become a thing of the past like radium poisoning and tuberculosis?

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I could stand to lose some weight, but I'll do it the old-fashioned way. We live in a culture where people would rather have their stomachs stapled shut than slow down on their cheeseburger habit. Popping a pill (whose long-term side-effects are unknown) rather than working toward self-mastery is just such a perfect illustration of everything that's wrong with the world.

TBH, even if these drugs work without major side-effects, you're still a "spiritual fatty". You're still a glutton, unable to conquer your own appetites. Popping a pill to slim down may mask the reality, but I don't think I could bear to live a lie like that.

Here's an article discussing the pros and cons of these things that I think is worth a look:

Virtual Cafe Awards

ECHETLAEUS

GLOBALISTS HAVE THE POWER, BUT GOD THE FINAL WORD
Reaction score
Awards
With the rise of the woke culture, even if a pill helps you lose fat or other treatments make you like cj after 20 minutes ti Ganton gym, will stay for the rich, they doesnt suit them to create a formula of the daily people getting fit. Also theyll hit their narrative that the same people created fatphobia, racism, body positivity and other sensitive bum bullshit. If u wanna be buffed, accept the two next years to be hard and full of discipline and pain and enjoy the gains(and upgrade them) as the years go.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i've always been thin, never had the urge to overeat, etc. i used to think this was because i was raised right and have discipline
You were right to think that. If the "healthy at every size" crowd costanzayeahrightsmirk was actually correct about genes being the primary, or even major contributor to weight then why were there basically no fat people in the western world prior to the 70's? These people are fat because they have zero self control and eat literal chemicals day after day after day for decades. The reason that fatness runs in families is because children observe and adopt bad behavior. If it was really genetic, the trend would be observable more than 3 generations backwards in time and not correlated with socioeconomic status (aka, ability to access healthy choices AND social pressure to choose them).
if the drugs live up to the hype and really are a cure for being fat, i'm curious about the social implications. considering that the majority of the US population is overweight or obese, is there an argument for making the use of these drugs mandatory?
If we go full euro and start paying for every idiot's self-imposed medical problems, it better be mandatory. A slight increase in risk of thyroid cancer is a very small price to pay for eliminating all the risk factors that go along with being obese.
supposedly, we're already seeing the effects of these drugs on pop culture. thicc is out of style: the k*rdashians lost 20 pounds on ozempic and had their fake asses removed
I think it's too soon to say for certain if that's where the social trend is going. Y2K styles are (kinda) back, but the Kardashians undoing something to themselves is nothing new - they do it whenever the thing they've done has reached a critical mass of copy cats. It's the only way to maintain trendsetter status.

We live in a culture where people would rather have their stomachs stapled shut than slow down on their cheeseburger habit.

View: https://youtu.be/ww-yQT-7bFw?t=45

Also theyll hit their narrative that the same people created fatphobia, racism, body positivity and other sensitive bum bullshit.
They already claim that fitness is alt-right/white supremacist.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps I shouldn't have come out swinging so hard. But, god damn, it makes me so mad that we can't even agree that people should be responsible for the single most personal decision they make on a daily basis: what they eat.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
This would work well for people that for health conditions can't really excersise, or that their metabolism keeps them fat.

If your health doesn't stop you from doing excersises, then why took that pill? When you can just start walking, and start eating healthy, or better yet, do proper excersises everyday, is for aesthetics and also, for a long term results, doing excersises now not only will make you look fit as fuck, but will make you age even better, and if you keep a healthy habit of eating a balanced diet and avoiding ultra processed food, dude you are gonna look like in your 50s when you reach your 60s, is not just about losing weight, but building your future.

And the worst thing of all, is that the only hard part of doing excersises and having a healthy lifestyle, is the start, humans can adapt to anything within a month of repeated actions, your life is precious, your body a sanctuary, and your future is bright, don't taint it going in the easy route, just look those steroid knuckle heads, they deflate in older ages lol, you don't want a pill to do that to your body, trust me.
1679123435626.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
discipline
This is the magic word friend, discipline and constancy beat skills and genetics, no matter what, you can be born a genius, but someone who does the same thing over and over again and getting hardest challenge everyday regarding that something, will be better than you, due to skills, understanding and mere experience, if you fail everything, but you have the discipline and motivation to get up, and keep on going, you won friend, there are not such thing as failure but learning.

If you ask me, discipline is a value that is highly underrated nowadays, no matter how much you bleed, get up and keep on going, it's always worth it at the end.

Virtual Cafe Awards
While I appreciate the value of discipline (I mean, I don't have any. But I'm at least aware of its importance) and usually roll my eyes at invocations of systemic this-or-that, it seems a little remiss to overlook the fact that 99% of our food is drug and chemical filled poison unfit for human consumption as a causal factor here. Everyone everywhere getting fat at the same time everyone is becoming autistic and trans and dying of ass cancer in their 30s is quite a coincidence. I wonder if there's anything that links those things together? :ConfusedKaguya:

That said, stacking even more drugs on top is probably not the right answer.

Virtual Cafe Awards
We feed our livestock steroids and ground up plastic and now the people who eat these animals are having health problems and difficulty regulating their hunger? How strange!

Oh, you thought you would try buying organic produce with less poison on it? Surprise! We genetically engineered it to make its own poison. Ya know, for your safety!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Fatties really will do anything except clean eating and exercise.

They want a magic pill, or to paralyze the stomach in dodgy surgeries, or constrict the stomach with gastric bands. Or even just trying to convince others that being fat is healthy via their healthy at any size. Anything except what really works. Diet and exercise.

Virtual Cafe Awards

god_is_bread

Camus' impersonator
Reaction score
Awards
Fatties really will do anything except clean eating and exercise.

They want a magic pill, or to paralyze the stomach in dodgy surgeries, or constrict the stomach with gastric bands. Or even just trying to convince others that being fat is healthy via their healthy at any size. Anything except what really works. Diet and exercise.
Tbh gluttony is like an addiction. It's like, how an alcoholic will try and justify his drinking problem through any means because he's too attached to it to recognize it as a problem. I don't think most obese people would be eager to start this medication anyway, albeit its so-claimed effectiveness, not because of fear of health hazards, but solely due to them being uneager to accept that they are in an unhealthy state. Just too much "ideology" to make unhealthy behaviors look good idk.

I don't think most obese people would be eager to start this medication anyway,
you'd be surprised at the amount of middle-class westerners (i.e most obese people) who are already on ozempic now. theres probably something wired in our brains to make us want to stay fit, being fit is better for you after all.

I kind of see this like the trans thing, lots of people jumping on a (relatively) new medical fad with unknown long term effects. very interested to see how this will play out.

octoroon garden

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Good ol' stimulants are really effective appetite suppressants yet given enough time, most lardasses on pharma-grade meth will revert to baseline. The fact that these new drugs are pawn-your-newborn-to-moloch expensive doesn't help. Time will tell if they prove to be any different.

And this is just m'opinion but overeating is a mental illness and fatties will eat beyond any sense of satiety. I'm talking about Fatty McFatpants downing enough fried chikkun that their GI tracts completely shuts down and they shit/leak goop uncontrollably for two days straight. Or Betty Genetics eating 6 lbs of winter squash rind and all causing a butt-ravaging colon obstruction. Homer eating 64 slices of cheez and going blind is not a joke in the current_year.
Yes, we live in an obesogenic society and it sucks but these people are fucked.

Virtual Cafe Awards

qwerty

Don't be autistic challenge (GONE WRONG)
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with a lot of the points in this thread. What we eat is basically garbage now and even though it's possible to eat better the average person doesn't realize how valuable this is, or doesn't have the willpower to cut high fructose corn syrup and other things from their diet. I get weary when the solution is "take this drug that might cause side effects we don't full understand. Then to alleviate those side effects we will sell you more drugs with different side effects." and it's a never-ending cycle of them selling you medication. We'd rather trade our health for convenience and then focus on medical break throughs to alleviate the health issues we've created.
However, at the end of the day, it really is up to the individual to get over their sugar addiction and realize that making a salad or sandwich really isn't that much more effort or money than stopping at a McDonald's. Sure, the sandwich or salad isn't going to give you that dopamine hit, but you really want to trade that for your long-term health?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Brapuccino

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.zeropointfool.com
there has been a lot of noise in the media lately about Ozempic/Wegovy and Mounjaro. these are members of a relatively new class of drugs called GLP1 agonists which were originally developed to manage diabetes, but turned out to be effective for weight loss as well. a plethora of news articles discuss how shady clinics have sprung up to supply the drugs to celebrities and influencers and how the unprecedented number of people using it to get thin has caused shortages for the people who need it to stay alive. elon musk is on it.

now first of all I think the articles about this stuff glow in the dark and even when they talk about ethical concerns it sounds like a thinly veiled ad for the drug. the news coverage is probably all funded by the pharma industry and I won't be surprised if we find out in 10 years that it gives you cancer, alzheimer's, and quadruple AIDS. the drugs have a nasty list of side effects including a possibly increased risk of thyroid cancer. if i knew a fat person who wanted to get on this shit i'd tell them to stay away from it and lose weight the old fashioned way. that said, if you believe the claims made in the articles and by users of the drug on social media, it sounds like this may be the first effective pharmaceutical treatment for obesity.

the mechanism of action is interesting. the existing diet drugs that aren't entirely snake oil either work by increasing the metabolic rate (clenbuterol, DNP) or making you shit out all the fat you eat (orlistat). GLP1 agonists are different. they seem to act by modifying behavior. if you read posts from users of the drug on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, they talk about how the injection turned them from a fatty fat fat who can't stop stuffing their face with cheetos and mcdonalds to a sensible person who eats small, balanced meals and maybe some carrot sticks as a snack.

the ideal diet pill used to be a drug that would let you eat anything you want and still lose weight. this drug changes what you want. it's unsettling to think about how one weird-looking molecule can supposedly change the fabric of your personality (at least if you're talking about a diabetes drug and not an acid trip). does willpower have any meaning if you can just take an injection and lose the desire to engage in unhealthy habits? i've always been thin, never had the urge to overeat, etc. i used to think this was because i was raised right and have discipline but maybe i was just born with a high level of endogenous GLP-1 agonists.

if the drugs live up to the hype and really are a cure for being fat, i'm curious about the social implications. considering that the majority of the US population is overweight or obese, is there an argument for making the use of these drugs mandatory? it would probably be a more effective public health campaign than the coof vax, and i'm sure the pharma companies would be thrilled- there's no better racket than selling both the cause and the cure. will body positivity and fat activism continue to exist when anyone with health insurance can become thin without doing any work? might it become a smaller but more radical movement, like the deaf people who refuse to give their children hearing aids because they think that it erases deaf culture? will it create a biological underclass where only the poor and uninsured are fat and everyone else is skinny and hot? (this already sort of exists - you don't see too many fat millionaires - but there are certainly a lot of middle- and upper-middle-class fatties.)

supposedly, we're already seeing the effects of these drugs on pop culture. thicc is out of style: the k*rdashians lost 20 pounds on ozempic and had their fake asses removed. 00s revival is popular right now and influencers are adopting the "heroin chic" look, allegedly aided in many cases by pharmaceuticals. if big pharma has actually cracked the code to being skinny, the next few years will be interesting. will the most pressing public health issue in the Western world become a thing of the past like radium poisoning and tuberculosis?
I'm unsure if I'd trust those glowing >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk reviews. Very untrustworthy and compromised site, wouldn't surprise me if, like your previous point, they're paid advertising and nothing more. If it turns out to be true, however, it's interesting to think about, really sad for the people doing this that are only trading one illness for another but won't realize it until maybe 20 years later. As they say, there's no free lunch.
And talking about lunch, if anyone here is trying to lose fat start intermittent fasting. 18-6 is ideal. Besides people stuffing their faces with Sneed oils and sugar, constant eating is probably the third biggest factor in people getting obese, and it's partly the medical community's fault by promoting frequent eating/snacking which our body wasn't built for. We were hunter gatherers for the most of our existence on earth which meant that food was scarce and we'd have frequent periods of hunger.
If you can just modify the frequency of your eating, it's already one big step in the right direction. Next up, drop seed oils from your diet all together.

Trying to explain to my mother that everything she learned about nutrition in school is not just wrong but the opposite of the truth has been... disheartening.

Virtual Cafe Awards