The Lolcow Thread

Favorite Traditional Lolcow?

• Total voters

Unit K-17

Terminally Online Zoomer
Reaction score
Awards
I couldn't find this discussion on the site already, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it started.

Any of my fellow terminally-online individuals have some favorite lolcows?

I think lolcow farming is a quintessential part of internet culture, despite the new corporate culture trying to take that away from us- as dumb as that sounds, I really believe its one of our highest interests to defend and maintain that tradition. It's a community form of policing, to a certain extent, but, beyond that, it's one of the ultimate forms of free speech- laughing at exceptional individuals on the internet.

It's kind of a shame that the wilder days of the internet are starting to go the way of the dodo. That's why I like this place.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Wingsofredmption the OG call of duty guy. He's mentioned alot in my favorite podcast Pain Killer Already

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
Back when I used to be on Instagram, there were definitely a few lolcows that I knew of/ followed. One example was this flintstone guy. Potato sped from Toronto (many of you may know him as the kid that did that "we like fortnite" video). He got really salty at his gf or something and flashed his privates live on Instagram. He got into some legal trouble for that. Interestingly enough, he used to follow me.

There's @idealgfmemes, who I distinctly remember as being the biggest loser on Earth. His entire page was dedicated to those terrible "ideal gf" memes (that are still being made today if you can believe it). He was a sped who larped as a chad online, and was generally a lot of laughs.

Then there's @nationalist.pope , aka Greg Ramos, aka the "Kekistani Killer". who was such a big lolcow that he broke out of Instagram infamy and took the Internet by storm a few years back. He was one of those people that watched Sargon of Akkad unironically. He posted terrible anime memes and "edgy" political memes on his Instagram page- before strangling his own mother to death, that is. If you can believe it, his Instagram page is still up (Ramos is currently in prison). If you want a summation of what 2017 zoomers looked like, his account is there for you to find.

Virtual Cafe Awards

roxytonic

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
roxytonic.tumblr.com
as dumb as that sounds, I really believe its one of our highest interests to defend and maintain that tradition. It's a community form of policing, to a certain extent, but, beyond that, it's one of the ultimate forms of free speech- laughing at exceptional individuals on the internet.

a lot of people dislike the gentrification of the internet (Dead Internet Theory makes more sense from an economical perspective), but i think it's for the better that ill will and malicious intent is diminished. i am absolutely not a Christorian--only looked him up when he went after his mother--but as i'm overviewing his situation, all i see is a decade long gaslighting attack that's culminated into a noxious, sociological poison of a person.

zoomer to zoomer: the safety we encounter now, and had in our own early years with computers and the internet, is born out of conflict. i respect your capacity to free speech, but i would be careful for what you advocate... even at Agora Road, Terms and Rules still exist:

if you're still concerned about the death of lolcowism, let it be known that ostracization and ingroup-outgroup dynamics have been with us for a very, very long time. ;)

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Unit K-17

Terminally Online Zoomer
Reaction score
Awards
a lot of people dislike the gentrification of the internet (Dead Internet Theory makes more sense from an economical perspective), but i think it's for the better that ill will and malicious intent is diminished. i am absolutely not a Christorian--only looked him up when he went after his mother--but as i'm overviewing his situation, all i see is a decade long gaslighting attack that's culminated into a noxious, sociological poison of a person.

zoomer to zoomer: the safety we encounter now, and had in our own early years with computers and the internet, is born out of conflict. i respect your capacity to free speech, but i would be careful for what you advocate... even at Agora Road, Terms and Rules still exist:

if you're still concerned about the death of lolcowism, let it be known that ostracization and ingroup-outgroup dynamics have been with us for a very, very long time.
While lolcowism isn't necessarily a good thing, I still think its one of the backbones of the free internet. Seeing it die is genuinely seeing a part of the internet, and the pioneer culture that drove its propagation, die.

I understand your view on safety- being safe on the internet is necessary, considering the inherent properties of it, but we've already crossed the rubicon on going too far with safety, and not far enough with freedom on the internet. The internet is being completely gentrified, and there isn't all that much to do about it, which is a massive shame.

Free speech is a double edged sword, but I'll always wholeheartedly stand by it. Even in places where it isn't explicitly welcome.

The internet was supposed to be a new frontier, and it can still be that, if people don't let it die.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

mlahandbookeighthedition

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

if you're still concerned about the death of lolcowism, let it be known that ostracization and ingroup-outgroup dynamics have been with us for a very, very long time. ;)
Diminishing ill will and intent on the internet or anywhere is almost entirely impossible - and look, I'm not going to lie, I enjoy being a cunt every once in a while. But freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.

Chris Chan had ample opportunity to learn from being trolled in his early days, sperg or not, which is why I feel little to no sympathy for him.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Nostalgic2000s

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I don`t remember ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, there was this fat-ass communist cunt who got trolled continously at one moment to Chris Chan level. I really hate that I forgot his useless ass name

Virtual Cafe Awards

The Long Serpent

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
There's still lol-cows, but they're more like insane activists and people who have illegal bones. Stick around in fandoms long enough and you hear and see the weirdest fucking shit. I'm not just talking about Sonic's fandom, I usually find that the progressive cartoons get a lot of drama.

Virtual Cafe Awards

milk

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'll be honest I wasn't on the net for that long, hearing lolcow was just another site "those kids" went on. That being said it was hella fun just finding sites like this on a random day. Tbh all the "good ol' days" never went away, we just got older. So here's to hoping that we can find another place like lolcow :)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Unit K-17

Terminally Online Zoomer
Reaction score
Awards
I'll be honest I wasn't on the net for that long, hearing lolcow was just another site "those kids" went on. That being said it was hella fun just finding sites like this on a random day. Tbh all the "good ol' days" never went away, we just got older. So here's to hoping that we can find another place like lolcow :)
lolcow isn't really a place, but I sorta understand the message. that said, the good ol' days are going away- The internet is more censored than ever. More sanitized- The internet is actively shrinking. Like, five sites control over 90% of internet traffic, IIRC.

Virtual Cafe Awards

jdnt

happy 1992!
Reaction score
Awards
Message boards like 4chan and lolcow sites are definitely rare right now, so even if I don't agree with the stuff they spout I'll always defend their right to say what they want in their online communities.
I think talking about Chris Chan is like beating a dead horse. The guy just has serious problems and they've been exacerbated by the huge online attention he was getting. If any of you have heard of BlazeTheMovieFan, his video catalogue is kind of boring but he has some gems.
Because I hate myself, one of my personal favourite lolcows is this guy called Jack Scalfani who has a cooking channel which might as well just be salmonella any% speedrun.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
My favorite lolcows are tik tokers, like the bitch who made fun of a cancer patient. Seriously, man, Tik Tok has top tier cringe content.
Oh I know her. She frequents kiwifarms alot I think

Virtual Cafe Awards