The Mario Movie

• Thread starter Jade
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3699 times.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Blockhead

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't think the trailer looks too bad. I mean its clearly a AAA hollywood animated movie that falls into a lot of the tropes but it looks visually alright and the story is somewhat respectable. The biggest problem is Chris Pratt as others have said. Chris Pratt fucking sucks and I don't know why all of hollywood has decided to put him in literally every major media franchise. It confounds me. Why was he picked for Mario? Why does hollywood always skimp on hiring real talented voice actor professionals?

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
I really don't think the trailer looks too bad. I mean it's clearly a AAA hollywood animated movie that falls into a lot of the tropes but it looks visually alright and the story is somewhat respectable. The biggest problem is Chris Pratt as others have said. Chris Pratt fucking sucks and I don't know why all of hollywood has decided to put him in literally every major media franchise. It confounds me. Why was he picked for Mario? Why does hollywood always skimp on hiring real talented voice actor professionals?
Probably because a few years ago people were making popular "memes" about mario sounding like Chris Pratt and vice versa, so they went with it to get the meme back on.

Virtual Cafe Awards

jaedaen

Stay a while, and listen.
Reaction score
Awards
Who the fuck cares about this crap? Looks like another stupid kids movie. Let's get some real cinema back in to mainstream theaters, not absolute drivel like this.

God, 99% of mainstream movies are just terrible nowadays.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
1:54 Mad Max Fury Road Reference?
(timestamp)

View: https://youtu.be/oy_LFGCUXRI?t=17

oh heck you may be right
I really don't think the trailer looks too bad. I mean its clearly a AAA hollywood animated movie that falls into a lot of the tropes but it looks visually alright and the story is somewhat respectable. The biggest problem is Chris Pratt as others have said. Chris Pratt fucking sucks and I don't know why all of hollywood has decided to put him in literally every major media franchise. It confounds me. Why was he picked for Mario? Why does hollywood always skimp on hiring real talented voice actor professionals?
From what I heard Nintendo was originally gonna have Mario's actual VA do the part, but Illumination insisted on having an A-list star do it because they thought that Mario himself wouldn't be enough to get people into theaters. Which really shows how out of touch Hollywood is that they think some goober on their payroll is better known than MARIO of all characters. Until this movie I had never even heard of Chris Pratt.
Who the fuck cares about this crap? Looks like another stupid kids movie. Let's get some real cinema back in to mainstream theaters, not absolute drivel like this.

God, 99% of mainstream movies are just terrible nowadays.
Can't say I really disagree. I almost never go to the theater anymore. The last movie I saw in theaters was Joker, and the last movie I saw in theaters before that was Hacksaw Ridge. Although I kinda wish I had gone to see Blade Runner 2049 cause that movie was actually really good, but I thought it was gonna be another soulless, completely unnecessary sequel. (Turns out it was actually a soulful, completely unnecessary sequel)

Virtual Cafe Awards

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
maxresdefault.jpg

REMEMBER RAINBOW ROAD? REMEMBER 25M FROM DONKEY KONG? I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW IT! I CLAPPED WHEN MARIO SAID "BING BING WAHOO!" I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! I CLAPPED WHEN THEY TALKED ABOUT PARALLEL UNIVERSES! REMEMBER PRINCESS PEACH! SHE'S A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER! NOBODY HAS EVER WRITTEN A STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER BEFORE! IT BROKE NEW GROUND! REMEMBER MARIO KART? REMEMBER THOSE HOLLOW YELLOW BLOCKS THAT FALL IF YOU STAND ON THEM TOO LONG? ANYA TAYLOR-JOY'S VOICE MADE ME CCUUUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!

Virtual Cafe Awards
the french voice is awesome (fuck chris pratt's) and I'm really happy about it gonna watch it with some friends when it comes out

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
This legitimately does look leagues above Illumination's past work, visually at least. Pratt's Mario really is the sole thing bringing it down, though Rogen's DK remains to be heard. On that note, a DK Country movie could be great. Almost wish they tested the waters with that before going all-in on Mario.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
"Mario Movie" sounds like the soyest :SoyU2: thing ever, please castrate yourself if you are older than 12 and still unironically want to watch it.

"Mario Movie" sounds like the soyest :SoyU2: thing ever, please castrate yourself if you are older than 12 and still unironically want to watch it.
Nah. I watched it. It's pretty good.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Nah. I watched it. It's pretty good.
Random question but how does soylent tastes like? I mean I'm always curious about it since soylent isn't available in where I live, and I think you are the one that have the answer :NekoNatsukiWow:

Random question but how does soylent tastes like? I mean I'm always curious about it since soylent isn't available in where I live, and I think you are the one that have the answer :NekoNatsukiWow:
Never tried it but how does it feel being a 20 something faggot pretending to be a cat girl on the internet?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
See you've made the classic blunder, he would be the person to ask about tendies, you would have to find someone who's seen one of the Tomb Raider movie for soylent.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
tbh even though I was the one who made this thread my interest in the film has significantly waned over time and I'm probably not gonna go see it. I can't stand illumination movies and in spite of Nintendo it's giving off the vibes of an illumination movie.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Never tried it but how does it feel being a 20 something faggot pretending to be a cat girl on the internet?
good :NekoNatsukiHappy::NekoNatsukiHappy::NekoNatsukiHappy::NekoNatsukiHappy:, imagine hiding your true self on an anonymous forum lol, you are probably the one that unironically care about your internet reputation so whatever.