The purpose of Human Life is to spread Fungi.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
This is a cool theory I found out about yesterday. The premises basically suggest that the whole game of life is not about humans at all but about sentient fungi effecting humans to create cultures to create technology in oder to keep spreading off planet.

The Politic of man is nothing more than a farming of different cultures of mind altering fungi, or Cults.
Extremist views are nothing more than cultures that are seeking to spread themselves in direct competition with others.
Example: Muslim vs Christian. Black vs white

The world is run by networks of sentient fungus that infects human hosts and produces neural chemicals that alter the DNA and Behavior of the individuals in order to spread itself.
The latest strand has been trying to get off this world through developing 'cultures' of itself that promote human behavior to build the required technology.
Fungi communicate with the collective through colors, clothes, and symbols, the host may not be aware of the manipulations that force them to send out these communications.
Fungi has been known to spread through very specific and complex circumstances.

Here are some yotube videos that made me fall down the rabbit hole. So my question is, do you think that this theory has any substance? Of is it complete bullsiht? What are your thoughts?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsp7c2ul4jc
[Open]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3LuAgzfJ50

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3x3TMdkGdQ

View: https://youtu.be/gqLrCeqc070

View: https://youtu.be/URyrWw9OJGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRa_YGS5p78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtJ9L6kJ4vk

Virtual Cafe Awards

T r i t v s 正気

Don't let go of your dreams.
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
I do not doubt the intelligence of fungi. I've wondered, maybe when you die, you return to the mycelium networks of the soil and that the numerous resources and energy that your body releases upon death is the source of such intelligence. I don't completely believe this, but it's an interesting idea to entertain.

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Red Scryyn of Death said:
I do not doubt the intelligence of fungi. I've wondered, maybe when you die, you return to the mycelium networks of the soil and that the numerous resources and energy that your body releases upon death is the source of such intelligence. I don't completely believe this, but it's an interesting idea to entertain.

you have it backward. The fungi exists to help progress humanity

Human existence is to become a superintelligent cloud consciousness.

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
Me too , really but Ops theory was bit convincing but still needs more research but yes it is really interesting

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Fungi are more intelligent than we can imagine. They are everywhere and have had complex worldwide communication networks thousands of years before we made the Internet. All animals have a common fungi ancestor through evolution and this can be seen from the resemblance of our neural networks to mycelium networks. There exists fungi such as Cordyceps that literally has the ability to take over an ant's brain for its own bidding. Also the largest organism in the world is a fungi, look up Pando. What else we will find out about fungi in years to come excites me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Paul Stamets touched upon this, I think, on Joe Rogan. I don't remember the timestamp, though.
If you want fungi theories Paul Stamets is a good rabbit hole to go down.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

Paul Stamets has said a lot of crazy things about mushrooms and most will come out as true with time. His work honestly has helped greatly change the public perception of mushrooms and make people realize they are much more than food and recreational drugs.

Virtual Cafe Awards

DeathToMicroWaves

Are you being held hostage by a spider?
Reaction score
Awards
That first video makes me want to never touch a lake in my lifetime

Virtual Cafe Awards

-SteampunkTraveler-

Some Random Occultist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
boardsofthenorth.freeforums.net
I, for one, embrace our fungal overlords.

I've always been very interested in mycology, I'd love to study it more.
We for one embrace the lords!

Virtual Cafe Awards

eefman

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Im not too sure about actual fungi, but I can get behind the theory that humans are being used as vessels by metaphysical fungi, aka ideas, to survive and spread in the real world. Whether its popular culture, gods, or even memes, humans have dedicated their energies to manifesting these things which only exist in our collective imaginations into reality. People who dress up as superheroes or anime characters are giving a fictional character a physical body. People who are dedicated to their gods build temples and shrines that serve as a monument to their name, sometimes even acting against others who do not believe in the same god in order to ensure the supremacy of that god (See the crusades, where the idea of the Christian God waged war against the idea of the Islamic Allah through the medium of man). Even with memes, every time you quote a funny joke or replicate a meme in reality, it gains a presence in the real world, where it can spread to other humans who can then further spread the meme. (the man who went to a mcdonalds and spazzed out screaming about szechuan sauce and pickle rick is a perfect example of a purely mental concept possessing a human host as a means to make the meme appear in the real world, and it worked).
At the end of the day its just something to think about, but serves as a point in an interesting debate: if we have ideas, or if ideas have us.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Im not too sure about actual fungi, but I can get behind the theory that humans are being used as vessels by metaphysical fungi, aka ideas, to survive and spread in the real world. Whether its popular culture, gods, or even memes, humans have dedicated their energies to manifesting these things which only exist in our collective imaginations into reality. People who dress up as superheroes or anime characters are giving a fictional character a physical body. People who are dedicated to their gods build temples and shrines that serve as a monument to their name, sometimes even acting against others who do not believe in the same god in order to ensure the supremacy of that god (See the crusades, where the idea of the Christian God waged war against the idea of the Islamic Allah through the medium of man). Even with memes, every time you quote a funny joke or replicate a meme in reality, it gains a presence in the real world, where it can spread to other humans who can then further spread the meme. (the man who went to a mcdonalds and spazzed out screaming about szechuan sauce and pickle rick is a perfect example of a purely mental concept possessing a human host as a means to make the meme appear in the real world, and it worked).
At the end of the day its just something to think about, but serves as a point in an interesting debate: if we have ideas, or if ideas have us.

further reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Selfish_Gene https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_Dangerous_Idea

Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards

I did read it.

But I really, really hate Dorkface. I just can't take a little boy botherer seriously. I had to shower three times a day for several weeks,
when I realised years later I had touched something associated with that guy. I am so triggered by his name that I don't remember much of the book.

I especially hate that he is credited with "inventing" memetics. Bloody plagiarist. He took the ideas of several way cooler people and repackaged them for cult of Dorkins evilution fag brainlets.

I know, all the above criticism of the book is a logical fallacy, but blech! :PepeHands:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I did read it.

But I really, really hate Dorkface. I just can't take a little boy botherer seriously. I had to shower three times a day for several weeks,
when I realised years later I had touched something associated with that guy. I am so triggered by his name that I don't remember much of the book.

I especially hate that he is credited with "inventing" memetics. Bloody plagiarist. He took the ideas of several way cooler people and repackaged them for cult of Dorkins evilution fag brainlets.

I know, all the above criticism of the book is a logical fallacy, but blech! :PepeHands:
i am unironically interested in who these "cooler" people are, and any attempt at a stronger refutation

Virtual Cafe Awards

14-27

Really? This is what you are going with?
Reaction score
Awards
i am unironically interested in who these "cooler" people are, and any attempt at a stronger refutation
I am mostly a shitposter. And, am not really trying to refute you. More... make you laugh if possible.

But, off the top of my damaged head -

Tim Leary was talking about this stuff early on, and Uncle Bob (Robert Anton Wilson). I think Alfred Korzybski talked about it (don't quote me on that, it has been 20yrs since I read Science and Sanity). Carl Jung's work on archetypes is rather similar don'ty ya think?
Obviously from a much different angle, though.

If I could be bothered trying, I would do a lot better here. But, I'm just coming off a nightmarish week long binge of frantic shitposting on /x/. Dueling with bots, weirdos, research institute data harvesters etc., can be quite draining. But, it was totally worth it. Because, when I asked my Mom who she thought was the winner, she said it was ME!

So, it is my new favorite hobby. I am trying to keep several threads alive, for as long as possible, by arguing with/replying too myself exclusively. 5 days is my record so far. If I had better access to amphetamines, I think I could manage 3 weeks. The most hilarious bit is I have yet to be called out once! Lol.

But yah, I genuinely get triggered by Dawkins. I can't think of a more pompous vacuous ninny. And, just seeing its face makes me want to do VERY BAD THINGS. So, call it a personality conflict.

Hello, by the way. bchmmmmm

Virtual Cafe Awards