The Skydiving Thread

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
This is the Agora Road Skydiving thread. Post anything skydiving related here. Have you done it? Have you tried indoor skydiving? Post cool skydiving videos, anything you want. I've been indoor skydiving before and it was a very odd experience. It didn't feel like I was weightless, it felt more like my skin was the only thing holding my weight. Also this should go without saying but movement was very alien. Nothing was intuitive and it was incredibly easy to drift off and lose control. It was pretty interesting to see just how much control you can have in the air when you know what you're doing. And let me tell you, watching someone who knows what they're doing right after you floundered around is such an impressive sight to see.

On to real skydiving. I've never been actual skydiving before but my wife has and she loved it. Last night I was watching a video of some stereotypical youtuber going through the process of getting his license and it made me realize that I want to do the same. It looks so freeing to just leap out of an airplane and fall through the air. After doing some cursory research it looks like getting a license usually costs a little over $3,000 which would not be unreasonable for me to save up for. After you get your license jumps only cost like 30 bucks if you have your own gear. Renting gear is usually around an additional $40. If you don't have your license and you're doing a tandem jump it costs around $200 so getting your license is really nice if you want to jump often.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

koreatis

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
It's nice to hear that some people on the forum are into skydiving. I also consider to participate in the process of getting my own license. First thing first I have been told that it is a good idea to try indoor skydiving to find out if you are suitable for it and I guess it is also reasonable start into the world of skydiving.

Other than that I could only imagine the feeling when you are floating through the air. I see it as liberating yourself from the outside world, be focused and one with yourself just for this moment, like nothing else exists. Some say it might even be transcendental experience.

When I would be proper skydiver, I would also try wingsuit flying.