The symbolism behind the milk crate stairs challenge

I made this theory myself, I recommend you pass this around (you don't need to credit me, it's not that much) so give me your opinion on It :D

the milk crate challenge is actually a modern-day occult ritual that was transported using the current memetic mechanisms. There are multiple components: the man (usually one in an impoverished place), the milk crate stairs, and the actions of rising and falling. this is what they mean:

The man: It is the common man, one that has a curiosity for the unknown, probably because of his situation (in this case, he wants clout).
the milk crate stairs: the stairs are made of plastic milk crates normally, and they are fragile by themselves and even more once they start disconnecting from the ground. they are made in a triangular formation, with each step being a whole pillar, instead of being mixed like a wall of bricks. the stairs symbolize a social structure, perhaps one of power (maybe even occult). It normally has a crate of different color in the highest point. The main colour of the crates is black, what could be stasis, a uniform mass; but the most special, the top crate, is red, symbolizing passion and willpower. the process also has its own meaning:

At first, he starts at ground level, he's just a plain person with an interest in what could be out there, and then he starts climbing.
Little by little, step by step, he starts going higher, but soon he starts rocking, the steps becoming more fragile to walk on and frailer. At last, he's at the highest point, and he flaunts about it, maybe even does some action to make the audience laugh, but then he doesn't want to keep being there, he wants to step down.
He starts doing so, at first with ease, but you can't just step down that position without it taking something from you, so the more steps or the faster he tries to go the easier it is for him to slip up and fall, he falls to the ground, and maybe even the own crates he walked on hurt him in the fall. In most cases he gets badly hurt, It requires a great show of skill to step down each level and onto the ground, and is celebrated after doing so the same or even more as when he climbed the highest.

You can already see the meaning, and you can see it is a warning to those who have any qualms with the infrastructure they are on, specially if they are powerful. This is a ritual in the same way one of the mystery cults is, at first glance it is some game, some celebration, but it has deep metaphysical knowledge inside. This was brilliantly formulated in how much impact it had on the target audience.

Attachments

• People-have-lamented-the-Milk-Crate-Challenge-some-have-broken.jpg
    People-have-lamented-the-Milk-Crate-Challenge-some-have-broken.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 11,290

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
First, I would like to say, I appreciate the thought and time put into analyzing something as simple as a social media "challenge". Perhaps one could say the same about any social media "challenge", they are "occult" rituals done for one purpose or another. I do not know your intention when using the term 'occult ritual' (as many could take it to mean an attempt to literally do something occult via practice), but I see social media "challenges" as quite symmetrical to witchcraft (something I practice) or any other occult ritualization. Psychologically, it is a means to influence the end through direct action, a.k.a. taking one's own future into one's own hands and controlling what one is able to control.

So, in regards to the milk crate challenge both holding symbolism as well as influencing one's psychological drive, I could agree whole-heartedly. Humans are pattern-oriented creatures and we thrive and survive on finding a means to the end through pattern, repetition, and discovery.

Deepwaterjew said:
You can already see the meaning, and you can see it is a warning to those who have any qualms with the infrastructure they are on, specially if they are powerful. This is a ritual in the same way one of the mystery cults is, at first glance it is some game, some celebration, but it has deep metaphysical knowledge inside. This was brilliantly formulated in how much impact it had on the target audience.

Was this done consciously? I doubt it. Was this done subconsciously? Perhaps. I think it is more likely a combination of:
1. Humans tend to repeat and copy as a form of survival
2. Humans tend to see patterns, even if it requires making less than logical jumps or conclusions

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
Your explanation is pretty cool but I think this milk-crate thing comes more from the basic survival physical training aspect. You remember when you were a child and did all kind of silly things like only stepping on the tiles that were of certain color and not on the others? That's because you're training your body and reflexes for situations when such body reflexes are needed. As such the milk-crate thingy is just a basic balance training behavior that many people found so cool because it's deep on their survival mind to practice climbing this shape and due to being denied such a training due to the flatness of the environment (it's all just flat and plain streets) they felt like doing it even if they're old.

See this:
high-sand-hill-ridge-blue-sky-little-sahara-white-sand-d-dune-system-kangaroo-island-south-australia-74269492.jpg

You see that hill? That's pretty similar in shape to the milk-crate challenge thingy. That can be a pretty common shape to find in nature in different sizes in every biome, and as such being able to pass through it can be necessary. As a child you would go to such places and play trying to climb through this shape and descending from it without losing balance as to train your body and reflexes. People on modernity are denied this so that's why they went crazy with the milk-crate thingy: they want to do it because they were denied from it in their childhood.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
現代の多くの課題は分析や理解に反していると思います。彼らは簡単に手に負えなくなり、最初に持っていたかもしれないどんな意図も、模倣の嵐の中ですぐに失われます

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2362

What's the best milk? My wife's pregnant and I've been drinking the milk from her fucking tits, using it in my coffee in the mornings and it tastes really good, sometimes she just whips one of her tits out and sprays me in the mouth with that shit but she won't be pregnant for much longer what do I replace it with?

Sulfate

Double Nickels on the Dime
Reaction score
Awards
Website
55-pedro.neocities.org
It's a microcosm of piercing the sky, not to get closer to God, but the heavens itself, out of hubris and divine mockery. Those who soar up towers of crates find the wax of their wings melting, and get met with back-breaking reality.
We build our skyscrapers of milk crates, and our souls are impaled on their lightning rods and telecomm towers, earthing us to modern technology and soulless corporatism, absent of anything deeper than the surface.
Poke the beast, only if you are ready for the beast to poke you.

Virtual Cafe Awards