the web is actually a labyrinth, and you're a victim of it.

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
the Internet is a labyrinth in and of itself, full of twists, turns, monsters, wacky stories, and hardly ever a true escape. But explaining it would be hard without identifying what main beings make it up.
1. The minotaur, the beast that roams the labyrinth.
The beast with capital B, he has a million children and embodies rage, radicalization, the alter ego of modern man. those led by him may commit atrocious actions, or just do a little bit of trolling. He roams every corner, and waits to catch those who aren't looking. Beware his mighty horns. the children have virtue, but virtue leads them to hatred.
2. Aracne, she who designs the labyrinth.
The labyrinth is ever expanding, and so we need a creature able to handle this workload. It isn't called world wide web for no reason. she spins her web, and you get trapped with all of the smoke. she dances, and through her sensual moves, she will keep you here until she wants to. she has all of the techniques.
her sons don't know they're hers, but still they serve to keep others in.
3. Moloch, Lord of the labyrinth.
I ask you, dear, where is your compensation for what you do in the digital? you work but fail to get riches, you consume information but don't become wiser, you get through hardships but you won't grow because of it, you spend your fortune but you don't own anything. His brain is machinery, and his blood is money. The caananites may have thrown some children to the fire, but what would they think of a whole generation sacrificed? his sons keep the logistics, they move cash from pocket to pocket.
4. The alien, lamb of sacrifice.
The alienated,L'etrangér. Stranger in known lands, conoisseur in strange ones. He has been corroded by the internet, and seeks refuge away from the social circles of real life. You and me and all who may be reading this are aliens, but some are more astray than others, of course.

Could you perhaps know some other creatures of the web apart from them? I would like to know of some others

Attachments

• 4d2097c.png
    4d2097c.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 558
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

the Internet is a labyrinth in and of itself, full of twists, turns, monsters, wacky stories, and hardly ever a true escape. But explaining it would be hard without identifying what main beings make it up.
The beast with capital B, he has a million children and embodies rage, radicalization, the alter ego of modern man. those led by him may commit atrocious actions, or just do a little bit of trolling. He roams every corner, and waits to catch those who aren't looking. Beware his mighty horns. the children have virtue, but virtue leads them to hatred.
The labyrinth is ever expanding, and so we need a creature able to handle this workload. It isn't called world wide web for no reason. she spins her web, and you get trapped with all of the smoke. she dances, and through her sensual moves, she will keep you here until she wants to. she has all of the techniques.
I ask you, dear, where is your compensation for what you do in the digital? you work but fail to get riches, you consume information but don't become wiser, you get through hardships but you won't grow because of it, you spend your fortune but you don't own anything. His brain is machinery, and his blood is money. The caananites may have thrown some children to the fire, but what would they think of a whole generation sacrificed? his sons keep the logistics, they move cash from pocket to pocket.
The alienated,L'etrangér. Stranger in known lands, conoisseur in strange ones. He has been corroded by the internet, and seeks refuge away from the social circles of real life. You and me and all who may be reading this are aliens, but some are more astray than others, of course.

Could you perhaps know some other creatures of the web apart from them? I would like to know of some others
Since we're borrowing from the fabulous myth, why don't we include several archetypes already present there, they have enormous symbolic interpretation which makes this idea even better: Ariadne, the helper/mentor who guides us. Theseus, the user (we) who wades through such treacherous ways with he gossamer thread?

Also, remember the crucial reason behind the construction, Minos (the tyrant) wanted to hide the abomination (Minotaur), the illegitimate offspring of his wife Pasiphaë. Remember the grand architect (another very deep archetype) Daedalus whose daedalic contraptions caused his son Icarus to be consumed by the fire of the sun.

Using these, perhaps Minos created this labyrinth for whatever purpose (global domination? be imaginative) with the help of a Daedalus (Google?) to sacrifice to? --- clutching straws with this one but you get the gist.

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
Since we're borrowing from the fabulous myth, why don't we include several archetypes already present there, they have enormous symbolic interpretation which makes this idea even better: Ariadne, the helper/mentor who guides us. Theseus, the user (we) who wades through such treacherous ways with he gossamer thread?

Also, remember the crucial reason behind the construction, Minos (the tyrant) wanted to hide the abomination (Minotaur), the illegitimate offspring of his wife Pasiphaë. Remember the grand architect (another very deep archetype) Daedalus whose daedalic contraptions caused his son Icarus to be consumed by the fire of the sun.

Using these, perhaps Minos created this labyrinth for whatever purpose (global domination? be imaginative) with the help of a Daedalus (Google?) to sacrifice to? --- clutching straws with this one but you get the gist.
Yeah maybe I can work with this.:
5. Minos, the ordained king
What use would we get out of making a labyrinth? well Minos lived in Minoan Greece, and a civilization so developed needed a way to vent out any possible way to deestabilise the system? He thinks it's a good idea to keep making the maze, even though it now absorbs some parts of the real city, because if he didn't the minotaur would run free.
6. Daedalus, the man of science
He's just another servant, although more educated, so his morals would lead him to deny building anything like this, a source of so much suffering. But he's good! They told him to build it to keep the evil sealed, and also as a source of entertainment, given it didn't have a ceiling per se. He's also like the guys at jurassic park if you think about it.
7. Ariadne, the mentor
Ariadne is the most useful thing out of all, if she died or didn't show up when the explorer first entered, it would be clear the user would become an alien or a child of beasts. She's multitudes, almost never a single person, or you aren't the only one who is taught by her. As time passes, some ignore her or outright abandon her, tresspassing to the deeper levels at risk of getting mauled by any creature of myth.
8. Theseus, the faceless man.
Theseus is you, the user. Guided by Ariadne, you can go as far as you want given her assistance, and in doing so you may trip or stay for a bit in some places, but you ultimately end up with the piece you wanted out of your journey, and can come out and in as you please. He's the blank slate, where all the monsters and sons are born from. He will be Moloch, He will be Daedalus, He will be Ariadne to someone, He will be an alien and he will roam the halls with bloody horns. But for now, he walks

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

Yeah maybe I can work with this.:
5. Minos, the ordained king
What use would we get out of making a labyrinth? well Minos lived in Minoan Greece, and a civilization so developed needed a way to vent out any possible way to deestabilise the system? He thinks it's a good idea to keep making the maze, even though it now absorbs some parts of the real city, because if he didn't the minotaur would run free.
6. Daedalus, the man of science
He's just another servant, although more educated, so his morals would lead him to deny building anything like this, a source of so much suffering. But he's good! They told him to build it to keep the evil sealed, and also as a source of entertainment, given it didn't have a ceiling per se. He's also like the guys at jurassic park if you think about it.
7. Ariadne, the mentor
Ariadne is the most useful thing out of all, if she died or didn't show up when the explorer first entered, it would be clear the user would become an alien or a child of beasts. She's multitudes, almost never a single person, or you aren't the only one who is taught by her. As time passes, some ignore her or outright abandon her, tresspassing to the deeper levels at risk of getting mauled by any creature of myth.
8. Theseus, the faceless man.
Theseus is you, the user. Guided by Ariadne, you can go as far as you want given her assistance, and in doing so you may trip or stay for a bit in some places, but you ultimately end up with the piece you wanted out of your journey, and can come out and in as you please. He's the blank slate, where all the monsters and sons are born from. He will be Moloch, He will be Daedalus, He will be Ariadne to someone, He will be an alien and he will roam the halls with bloody horns. But for now, he walks
Now this is getting really interesting. What do you think the reason behind Minos sending sacrifices to Minotaur? Why all this shame secrecy behind this labyrinth? What's really going on behind the scenes?

naa

Now this is getting really interesting. What do you think the reason behind Minos sending sacrifices to Minotaur? Why all this shame secrecy behind this labyrinth? What's really going on behind the scenes?
In one story, Minos' son, Androgeos, died during a riot. He feeds youths to Minotaur as revenge for this, because the people killed his son and so he will kill theirs. In another, the king Aegeus sent Androgeos to Marathon to fight the bull that fathered Minotaur, resulting in his death. There is yet another story of Androgeos' death, where he wins every contest in a game hosted by Aegeus, and the other contests kill him out of jealousy.

The Minotaur, too, is Minos' son, but not by blood as his father is a bull. Minotaur is named after him, the Labyrinth was ordered to be built by him, and the sacrifices to Minotaur are provided by him. A consistent theme is that he only begins sacrificing to Minotaur after the death of his first son, Androgeos. I do not think Minos makes sacrifices for revenge, I think he sacrifices humans to Minotaur because Minotaur is his son and he does not wish to lose him. He has already lost one, and he can not bear the burden of losing another. Minotaur is hidden because he would destroy the city, being a cursed creature he has no natural prey, and so he eats only humans. Minos knows this, and he wants his city to survive, but he is willing to sacrifice the children of others to keep his son alive.

It's worth mentioning Minos has another very young son, Glaucus, who disappears and is found dead by Minos, then resurrected. The Oracle at Delphi told Minos that the seer, Polyidus, would restore his child alive, but Polyidus refuses. Minos threatens and imprisons Polyidus in a room with Glaucus' dead body until Polyidus figures out how to resurrect him. This, I feel, also shows Minos' fear of losing his children.

Deleted member 2040

In one story, Minos' son, Androgeos, died during a riot. He feeds youths to Minotaur as revenge for this, because the people killed his son and so he will kill theirs. In another, the king Aegeus sent Androgeos to Marathon to fight the bull that fathered Minotaur, resulting in his death. There is yet another story of Androgeos' death, where he wins every contest in a game hosted by Aegeus, and the other contests kill him out of jealousy.

The Minotaur, too, is Minos' son, but not by blood as his father is a bull. Minotaur is named after him, the Labyrinth was ordered to be built by him, and the sacrifices to Minotaur are provided by him. A consistent theme is that he only begins sacrificing to Minotaur after the death of his first son, Androgeos. I do not think Minos makes sacrifices for revenge, I think he sacrifices humans to Minotaur because Minotaur is his son and he does not wish to lose him. He has already lost one, and he can not bear the burden of losing another. Minotaur is hidden because he would destroy the city, being a cursed creature he has no natural prey, and so he eats only humans. Minos knows this, and he wants his city to survive, but he is willing to sacrifice the children of others to keep his son alive.

It's worth mentioning Minos has another very young son, Glaucus, who disappears and is found dead by Minos, then resurrected. The Oracle at Delphi told Minos that the seer, Polyidus, would restore his child alive, but Polyidus refuses. Minos threatens and imprisons Polyidus in a room with Glaucus' dead body until Polyidus figures out how to resurrect him. This, I feel, also shows Minos' fear of losing his children.
Wowza, thank you for filling in the major gaps of my memory! Most of what I recall from the myth was in Ovid's Metamorphoses, but I believe there are many more stories of the myth of the labyrinth than just Ovid's gorgeous writings which you mentioned quite well!

• Love
Reactions: naa

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
why do I think he sends them? Because he wants to keep his only, though unnatural, son alive. most of those who keep the internet alive (the physical internet, servers and debugging and all that jazz) aren't even paid, they are nobodies, most of the times furries (oh the coincidence) who guard it as a hobby, and if half of them didn't want to attend their towers tomorrow? the internet would crumble to dust. they most likely not have kids, so this is the closest thing to it, as much of an unseen abomination as it is. You would be ashamed of the internet if you walked by its main street today. I think he sends the child to the minotaur (internet making teenagers radicalised) because at least they don't get out to ravage the real world, its all protests and roasts and witch hunts, but it almost never escapes the maze, and if it does it doesn't last or have big effects (think january 6th rally and the BLM summer, one was full of political rage but amounted to nothing, the other lasted a lot, but in the end it's like it never happened

Virtual Cafe Awards

kliffi

Yung Jinjo
Reaction score
Awards
As we twist about online, Ariadne is the one who holds our humanity; she weaved the umbilical tether that frees us before we enter and we are never not outside. It's interesting to me the story of Ariadne at Naxos: Theseus abandons her and she is betrothed to Dionysus and immortalized (not a bad deal!)

The god of alterations and intoxications is committed to the grounds of humanity--no matter how lost in the sauce we are she can see us out and set us free--and know that we were free the whole time. There is no reason to fear.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards

Fan of memeanalysis?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
I mean with the shitton of info being disseminated every second in the internet it really is a damn maze of info

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
I mean with the shitton of info being disseminated every second in the internet it really is a damn maze of info
It is funny that a maze and a book both have passages, maybe a book can count as a maze of information. Maybe mazes shouldn't be limited to a circle with a lot of differing lines inside it, like a maize maze.

Jews liked to maze (new verb drop) their lore, they talked about a superficial meaning of their holy texts, but then they'd have a whole other meaning "behind the veil" reserved to those like rabbis. I think Pythagoras did a similar thing explaining it with the design of the monad.

The internet is both a physical maze (Look how much trouble there is to locate where the servers of stuff actually are, also underwater cables) and a memetic maze (You are all familiar with what a dogwhistle means). The minotaur is a shadow of the maze, it is a doxxer and it build strawmen just to burn them in front of the sons (and daughters) of the minotaur. But there is also the Iʼitoi
220px-O'odham_unofficial_flag.svg.png

I think anyone who goes down this rabbit maze deserves at least some kind of compensation, so here you have a maze, as a gift. Solve it or don't, but just have fun with it.
32 cells diameter theta maze.png

Virtual Cafe Awards