• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

The world is changing. Radically. And I don't know where it's going to end.

The non-critical thinking is what scares me the most. Blind trust in an authoritarian governing body is how Europe was destroyed by the EU and UN. "I guess I can put the word Expert is whatever I write and people will just take it as fact.

It's also amusing to me how the 3 letter agencies said Aliens exist in no uncertain terms and we were collectively went "Meh, so what? Where's my gibs?"

Truly interesting times we live in.
The tin-foil hat side of me thinks that all this glowie alien business is preparing us for a fake alien invasion to "unite the world against a common threat", which was directly suggested by freemason Ronald Reagan. I really don't want it to happen because that reality would be so gay, for lack of a better term. But it really seems like that's where its going.

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
The tin-foil hat side of me thinks that all this glowie alien business is preparing us for a fake alien invasion to "unite the world against a common threat"
It's not a tin-foil hat theory. It's literally what Von Braun said was going to be the next big war.

I find it all so tiring. My friends in the Army and Navy intelligentsia are shocked more people were not mouths agape by the admittance that there are white tic-tacs flying circles around our most advanced ships and airplanes.

Looking in on society from the outside makes me sick to my stomach.

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's not a tin-foil hat theory. It's literally what Von Braun said was going to be the next big war.

I find it all so tiring. My friends in the Army and Navy intelligentsia are shocked more people were not mouths agape by the admittance that there are white tic-tacs flying circles around our most advanced ships and airplanes.

I wonder what these fake aliens will look like. Do you think they'll go stereotypical with the Greys, or do you think they'll pull a Childhood's End and make them look like straight-up demons? The latter would be fitting at least. "Extraterrestrials" are just demons, after all.

Also, do you think after we inevitably "win" this war, the NWO will force us to accept these alien-demons into our society a la the War on Terror aftermath? Like how Islam was the "world's biggest threat" and "all jihadis were subhuman" one second, and the next second we're all supposed to love and tolerate them?

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wonder what these fake aliens will look like. Do you think they'll go stereotypical with the Greys, or do you think they'll pull a Childhood's End and make them look like straight-up demons? The latter would be fitting at least. "Extraterrestrials" are just demons, after all.

Also, do you think after we inevitably "win" this war, the NWO will force us to accept these alien-demons into our society a la the War on Terror aftermath? Like how Islam was the "world's biggest threat" and "all jihadis were subhuman" one second, and the next second we're all supposed to love and tolerate them?
You know how dumb our government is, they'll go with the little gray ones because there is so much lore built up around them.

As someone who deployed 4 times in the "War on terror" I can tell you, jihadis are not subhuman. They are fighting for their beliefs just like us. it's unfortunate we are no longer an isolationist nation.

I have my money ready to fill the Alex Jones was right again jar when the pedophile elves are disclosed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TheInterpreter

Three letter agent glow so bright
Reaction score
Awards
I would just like to point out, that there's every chance that something like the Carrington Event happens again. It was 1859 then, there wasn't much to fry other than some telegraph systems. But now, if we get hit head- on with a geomagnetic storm like that? Anything remotely electrical would be rendered unusable. It happened then, it could've happened in 2012, and it may happen in the future. As for the effects such an event would have, I'm too tired to elaborate deeply, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to say it would take years to recover, maybe a decade, perhaps even more, not to mention the obscene amounts of money needed to make that recovery happen. Then add into that the social implications something like this would have, too, how the world at large would react, what powder kegs would an event like this trigger to explode.

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Based thread. Besides that, I truly hate the modern world though. Nothing is real anymore. Movies are crap, vidya is crap, music (at least on the radio) is complete dogshit. Technology could be incredible but instead it's used to monitor every detail of our lives and quietly oppress us all. There is no passion in anything. Gone are the days of game developers putting their heart in soul into a project. Now it's just box ticking, games-as-a-service bullshit. Gone are the days where you could say what you want on the internet without being put on a watchlist. Everything is just corporate, soulless garbage.

The world is quickly turning into an Orwellian nightmare and we just let it happen. Though to be quite honest, there is nothing we can do. There won't be some great war in which we fight off the blue helmets. Instead the war will be based on information and demoralization. That's how it is unfortunately. Best we can do is just sit back and watch the world burn. Don't take any sides, they're all bad. Take the chaos pill and just mind our own businesses til this all blows over.
iu

Virtual Cafe Awards

tracid04

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
You know how dumb our government is, they'll go with the little gray ones because there is so much lore built up around them.

As someone who deployed 4 times in the "War on terror" I can tell you, jihadis are not subhuman. They are fighting for their beliefs just like us. it's unfortunate we are no longer an isolationist nation.

I have my money ready to fill the Alex Jones was right again jar when the pedophile elves are disclosed.
This. The Jihadis are doing exactly what Americans would be doing if someone invaded their homeland. See Red Dawn. This is why I sometimes find it hard to empathize with servicemen. They seem to be more than happy to kill a man who is really fighting for the same principles that our Armies are meant to uphold. For example, if you watch one of those drone combat videos, the guys on the gun laugh like it's some sort of game. They go into their country, kill someones son, father, brother, you name it, and they just laugh. It's incredibly morbid.

Virtual Cafe Awards

AthenaApollo

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
these next 100 years are going to be some of the most interesting years in all of human history imo; with new technology like AI on the rise, the political climates, china and the us, social changes, cryptocurrencies, and everything else in between, I cannot wait to see what comes to fruition of it, for better or for worse. either way, It would be nice to live in a dystopian cyberpunk city, such as picsrel. would be max comfy

after all, I truly believe we are living in the beginning of the cyberpunk era

Attachments

• city1.jpeg
    city1.jpeg
    936.6 KB · Views: 100
  • city2.jpeg
    city2.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 94
Virtual Cafe Awards
Cringe. Transhumanism, and the Cyberpunk genre that glorifies it- is a Luciferian fantasy. The concept of "evolving" to the "next stage" of existence, a higher stage of enlightenment, is the same promise that the serpent gave to Eve. "You can be as gods" and all that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
This is why I sometimes find it hard to empathize with servicemen.
I don't blame you. War isn't a game and it's never fun. I have found that dark humor is a coping mechanism for most of us that do the actual fighting. I'm not one of those "If you aren't there you wouldn't understand" guys. I don't like bro-vets either. I find their personalities abrasive. Combine that with the fact that technology has allowed humans disassociate themselves from the act of killing by killing adversaries with drones.
I have to tell you i'm a little angry and frustrated with the current situation currently in Afghanistan. Not because we basically lost all the ground we gained there. It wasn't our country in the first place. And I hope this cuts the CIA off from the Opiate black money for good. There's a reason that country is called the graveyard of kingdoms. It's for the Afghan soldiers and translators that i've worked with over the years, I hope they are safe and I hope they made it out safely. It's breaking my heart. </3

Word vomit once again, but I hope some of this makes sense? In any case, I totally agree with this sentiment quoted above.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sweet n' Comfy

Lovely Comfy Days
Reaction score
Awards
I would just like to point out, that there's every chance that something like the Carrington Event happens again. It was 1859 then, there wasn't much to fry other than some telegraph systems. But now, if we get hit head- on with a geomagnetic storm like that? Anything remotely electrical would be rendered unusable. It happened then, it could've happened in 2012, and it may happen in the future. As for the effects such an event would have, I'm too tired to elaborate deeply, but it wouldn't be far-fetched to say it would take years to recover, maybe a decade, perhaps even more, not to mention the obscene amounts of money needed to make that recovery happen. Then add into that the social implications something like this would have, too, how the world at large would react, what powder kegs would an event like this trigger to explode.
Now, that's a nice theory. It would mean societal collapse as such because people are way too dependent on that stuff; it could either be some "people are patient and everything is built again quickly and nothing serious happens besides some stuff" or "people go full anarchy and chaos" scenario. Very low probability of survival for urbanites and city dwellers as they depend on technology way too much; the people on the country with farms would be the best chances of survival and even more if they are armed.

The interesting thing here is if more people will start becoming ludites and the next revolution will be against the ruling trans-humanist ideal and the illuminist aim. I want to see the new ideas of the turn of the century.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Nostalgic2000s

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Now, that's a nice theory. It would mean societal collapse as such because people are way too dependent on that stuff; it could either be some "people are patient and everything is built again quickly and nothing serious happens besides some stuff" or "people go full anarchy and chaos" scenario. Very low probability of survival for urbanites and city dwellers as they depend on technology way too much; the people on the country with farms would be the best chances of survival and even more if they are armed.

The interesting thing here is if more people will start becoming ludites and the next revolution will be against the ruling trans-humanist ideal and the illuminist aim. I want to see the new ideas of the turn of the century.
Loved the idea of a CKII mod about what would happen if all tehnology of modern day just ceased to exist and in 200-300 years humanity just went back to the dark ages. Imagine how people saw things like rome and legends. Imagine how would complete strangers to our reality would react to things like amusement parks or zoos or hell even just seeing our towers of concrete

Virtual Cafe Awards

brinefine

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
this view, although pessimistic in social aspect, is optimmist in the techonlogical sense (tech quality will go up), but why does no one account for the collapse, the biggest blessing people that think like us would get? the idea of a future without an exponential tech graph is swept under the rug, people that think resources are infinite make it like that, but resources aren't infinite. I'm not going Greta thunberg on your ass today (she is a puppet and whoever follows her is a dumbass), because we heard uncle ted's theory of ecological collapse, but let's think socially. The bronze age may had collapsed because of hotter climate, but that wasn't the cause of cities burning to the ground, of kingdoms crashing into dust, that was because of their own people, or sea people, or mountain people (so many people) or flatlands people. If a big country (USA or hell, Canada) or an important group of countries (The EU or the Korea/japan/china enclave) collapsed, the whole global supply chain would break, meaning no more synth dystopia nightmares for a while

How much of a while? Virtually infinite. Given no alien meetup happens, the now empty mines that could start again the industrial revolution would, you know, be fucking empty, niet, we would plunder into an eternal pre-industrial global future so no more crazy womb abominations, no more wacky climate change (whole world ending climate change), probably the biggest death rate in human History, and we would be stuck here, on earth, never getting back to the moon.

so, agora road users, what do you want?
I agree, I think the technodystopia people have in their heads is hardly likely, much less inevitable. The infrastructure that makes technological progress seem (esp. at this level of sophistication) like the status quo is enormously difficult to maintain and extremely vulnerable.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Agreed, its so strange how this didn't make waves or was still met with s******ing skepticism from the mainstream media.

Whether its alien or foreign there's a serious national security issue where unknown tic tac objects are seemingly far more advanced than any technology we're currently aware of.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I see a lot of people talk about the future in apocalyptic terms, but that's honestly too optimistic. People want endings, they want a nice clean QED at the end of the book to wrap it all up. This never happens. There are no endings, things just go on and on via the same processes that were driving them the day before and will drive them the day after. This is part of why Cyberpunk is such a vital genre. A lot of people imagine that we'll either innovate our way into the glorious singularity or burn ourselves out into cozy cottagecore comfy village life. Both of these are apocalyptic fantasies - what no one wants to face is what Cyberpunk shows us, a future where we learn nothing from our mistakes, where things get worse, where crises stack up, and we respond by digging deeper holes and finding new ways to sate our ancient addictions. Maybe we'll replace coal power with nuclear energy, maybe we'll replace overfishing the oceans with inland aquaculture. Either way, what history teaches us is that no amount of crisis will ever cause humanity to change its ways - humanity just finds new ways to feed old appetites. If you want to predict the future, think about the processes at play in the world today, and just extrapolate them into the future - when those processes self-destroy, imagine the next best replacement.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I see a lot of people talk about the future in apocalyptic terms, but that's honestly too optimistic. People want endings, they want a nice clean QED at the end of the book to wrap it all up. This never happens. There are no endings, things just go on and on via the same processes that were driving them the day before and will drive them the day after. This is part of why Cyberpunk is such a vital genre. A lot of people imagine that we'll either innovate our way into the glorious singularity or burn ourselves out into cozy cottagecore comfy village life. Both of these are apocalyptic fantasies - what no one wants to face is what Cyberpunk shows us, a future where we learn nothing from our mistakes, where things get worse, where crises stack up, and we respond by digging deeper holes and finding new ways to sate our ancient addictions. Maybe we'll replace coal power with nuclear energy, maybe we'll replace overfishing the oceans with inland aquaculture. Either way, what history teaches us is that no amount of crisis will ever cause humanity to change its ways - humanity just finds new ways to feed old appetites. If you want to predict the future, think about the processes at play in the world today, and just extrapolate them into the future - when those processes self-destroy, imagine the next best replacement.
Hmm I think no science fiction genre / novel is really 'forever relevant'.

Science fiction is more an expression of the current era's main concerns / hopes / optimism / pessimism.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Morse

Resident Baja Blast Bandit
Reaction score
Awards
i think this is a fun topic to theorycraft, because society is truly bordering the cyber society of body augmentation, or just a clean cultural wipe due to increasing tensions between everyone leading to a global war.

as long as i can post online they can do whatever the hell they want for all i care

Virtual Cafe Awards

I don't get it either.
so dissociated and demoralized they dont care about something theyve been actively fantasizing about and dreading for years? shouldnt they also be happy people are so dissociated and demoralized they dont even give a damn about aliens possibly existing?

Virtual Cafe Awards