The zoomers are getting drafted. What happens?

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
No zoomers were drafted in the making of this post.
Roughly five years from now, a massive war has broken out and the governments of the West are scrambling for young males -- and possibly females too -- to be turned into cannon fodder as quickly as possible.
Some of these young draftees are millennials, but most would be described as Gen Z.
How would Gen Z react to war? How would the military system react to an influx of the average Gen Z? What would the war propaganda of these times be like? Et cetera, et cetera . . .

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
az1ZXDm_700b.jpg

Putting women on the front lines is a terrible mistake. It's not that I doubt their combat skills. We're accustomed to seeing men get killed, and in the social media age, seeing our women dead, tortured, or worse, online will be a massive source of demoralization.

That being said, seeing anime girls, SpongeBob, and shitposts painted onto bombers will be pretty funny.
rt5ru46u.JPG

I do wonder if the majority of zoomers would actually fight if drafted, or would they just draft dodge if possible? US army has had some low recruitment lately and I think part of that comes from the ideological isolation of the "Patriot class." The war on drugs, the war on terror, Vietnam, they all proved to be endless conflicts intended to make the arms dealers money while failing horribly in their goals. Should a 9/11 style event lead the US to declare war, I think many would be wary of it being some sort of false flag.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Zoomers would try to dodge hard. Those who go to war will wear gender pronoun tags on their uniforms. They will paint waifus and sexual identity flags on their stuff.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3990

Putting women on the front lines is a terrible mistake. It's not that I doubt their combat skills. We're accustomed to seeing men get killed, and in the social media age, seeing our women dead, tortured, or worse, online will be a massive source of demoralization.
It's a terrible mistake, but not because of the stupid reasons you mentioned. Women are provably much worse at combat, even modern combat with very little hand-to-hand fighting involved. Not to mention the average woman is a bigger logistical liability than the average man.
Women also die all the time in wars. Remember when Russians razed through Germany in 1945? It was arguably worse for the civilian women than men there. It doesn't matter if they die in the home front or in the war front, it's a reality of war that will not cause any further demoralization.

It's a terrible mistake because what I just said about their combat abilities, and also because someone needs to man the war economy back home in case of a massive war that drains all the manpower reserves. You need people manufacturing ammo and producing rifles as much as you need men with rifles in a war.

VaporwaveHistorian

The Archbishop of Nova Justiniana and All Cyprus
Reaction score
Awards
Website
archbishopkarolos.blogspot.com
1- Livebloggers mfs getting killed a few days in.
2- "I give no fucks about veterans because they shouldn't have fought lol" mfs learning that sometimes you have no choice in that, and probably getting knee-deep into e-activism of "I am not a bad man" shit
3- Fuckers who tweet everything they do, exaggerating shit for favs.
4- Depressed lads getting deeper depressed.
5- A motherfuckers who blasts sigma male theme song through the speakers to demoralize the enemy
6- A motherfucker who blasts "Unknown Soldier" by The Doors before a good ol' SIW

I was silent back then. It was not them, it was just some online personas without faces that attacked me when I tried to mention my grandfather.

He was a soldier. He had no say in that. Sometimes you have to fight to survive. Sometimes accidents happen. Sometimes you believe that doing that is the thing that will protect you and your family.

I had mentioned that on a Twitter thread by a zoomer who was shitting on veterans. I had mentioned my grandfather, told her that no, not every soldier could know what would happen. He was an innocent man who did all he could do.

She called him a monster just because he had a gun and a finger to pull its trigger.

Hah, now the war is here. We are in a war. I'm with those fuckers, fighting side by side.

It's easy to talk shit.

I watch the new kid try to scrub the mud off his boots. He was brainwashed well back in the training, I guess. I watch him clean everything before I spit on his boots. He looks at me in disgust. Anger. That quickly disappears when he sees my face. Only fear is left.

I'll be humble enough to not call it a "strong reputation", but that's how it is. I am the old guy.

Our first interaction was when he told me that I had to cut my beard and hair. It was "not in compliance with the rules of the army". I told him to fuck off. What could they do? Send me to Russia? We were already in fuckin' Russia, what could be worse?

I say nothing to the kid today. I just lie down in my filth. There's a girl who's trying to determine how to eat the fucked-up MREs without puking out. I watch her choke on the first bite of her God-knows-what&beans.
"I think they should give us some... good food sometimes," she suggests.
"You ask for too much, lady."
"I don't know. A pack of Oreos could boost our spirits," she looks down.

Then, there's a young boy. He had blue hair that I personally chopped off while he was screaming the whole time. "I like my hair, it gives me confidence, and we need confidence to fight!" had been his reasoning. I had laughed like a motherfucker and said, "You need a fuckin' HEAD to stay the fuck alive, and you need to stay the fuck alive to fight." That bastard got no brain, and won't have a head if a sniper spots his neon hair. "What are you, a fuckin' bird tryna mate or some shit?"

The young boy, the ex-neon one, looks at the poor girl who holds her breath while downing food. "Oreos?" he says in disbelief. "Please tell me you're joking."
"Why would I be joking? Wouldn't you like some Oreos? I'd certainly be happier."
"You're disgusting," the boy says. "It's made with child labor. It's immoral."
"Kid," I get up, stretching."We are literally killing civilians here. I don't think you can talk 'bout morals 'n shit."
People are silent. I laugh.

We are the devils. We are the sinners. I hope Lord chooses to forgive us, but will the saints reject to ever lay their eyes upon us?

They tortured a boy just last week. We found his disfigured body. I made the zoomers bury him. They need to get used to this. They had the two-thousand-yard stare. Better to have it soon. Many of them haven't been in real combat. They need to get traumatized sooner so that they won't be fucked in the war. Or something like that.

Every time we have new recruits, I watch them mourn. The dead body is buried.
"He was my buddy," one cries. "Don't you feel sad?"
"You'll soon get rid of the emotions 'n shit," I shrug.
First, I get called a monster.
A few deaths later, I have more blank eyes. Soulless bodies standing with shovels and crosses in their hands. Mouths reciting prayers they barely know. Faces with dirt and blood, hollowed out. The ones who don't physically die will eventually spiritually die. It's a rule.

We had a few people joking, showing each other memes 'n shit. They don't do that anymore. They just shrug. They are empty. Their joy is dead. Everything they had once known is dead.
They are dead.

I can't help but smile. It's bitter, not full of revenge or anything like that. It's a sad smile. I watch another generation get fucked in front of my eyes. I can't help it. I could never help it. I watch them go from scared of death to angry at politicians to simply apathetic. Some beg for life as they die, they beg to God and then to anything and everything their eyes can see before their vision dies. Some, though, simply whisper "I knew it, but I wished I could survive" as they die.

I have seen some get broken by the war and kill civilians for fun. I caught one, hit him to the wall and punched him good. At night, though, a shadow hovered over me with a knife. An old college will not get fragged, and I didn't. No one knew what happened to him except for his buddies in crime.

A few... I lied to the others that the enemy kidnapped them or something. The truth was that they had pulled an ol' SIW on themselves. I kept it a secret to keep others from following their paths.
It's okay to lie sometimes.

And the war ends. We hear about the agreement or whatever the fuck it is.

"Will you die your hair once you get back home?" I ask the kid.
He looks at me with dead eyes. "I will paint the walls red," he says.

"You can eat Oreos now," I say to the girl.
She says it doesn't matter.

No laughter. No songs. No dances. No joy.
They go back home.
They have no aim now. They will want nothing in their lives. Nothing fulfilled, nothing enjoyed. Empty shells of souls directed by what they thought their "alive" pasts would want them to do. Empty relationships, empty families, kept secrets and dead affection.

No one criticizes my grandfather anymore, by the way. They respect him immensely. I don't tell his story often, anyway. But when I do, they bow their heads and exalt his bravery.

Am I glad, though? No, not at all. I saw an entire world die in the eyes of this youth. Nothing can be fixed anymore, a few generations have to die out.

Humanity never learnt. It never will.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
1- Livebloggers mfs getting killed a few days in.
2- "I give no fucks about veterans because they shouldn't have fought lol" mfs learning that sometimes you have no choice in that, and probably getting knee-deep into e-activism of "I am not a bad man" shit
3- Fuckers who tweet everything they do, exaggerating shit for favs.
4- Depressed lads getting deeper depressed.
5- A motherfuckers who blasts sigma male theme song through the speakers to demoralize the enemy
6- A motherfucker who blasts "Unknown Soldier" by The Doors before a good ol' SIW

I was silent back then. It was not them, it was just some online personas without faces that attacked me when I tried to mention my grandfather.

He was a soldier. He had no say in that. Sometimes you have to fight to survive. Sometimes accidents happen. Sometimes you believe that doing that is the thing that will protect you and your family.

I had mentioned that on a Twitter thread by a zoomer who was shitting on veterans. I had mentioned my grandfather, told her that no, not every soldier could know what would happen. He was an innocent man who did all he could do.

She called him a monster just because he had a gun and a finger to pull its trigger.

Hah, now the war is here. We are in a war. I'm with those fuckers, fighting side by side.

It's easy to talk shit.

I watch the new kid try to scrub the mud off his boots. He was brainwashed well back in the training, I guess. I watch him clean everything before I spit on his boots. He looks at me in disgust. Anger. That quickly disappears when he sees my face. Only fear is left.

I'll be humble enough to not call it a "strong reputation", but that's how it is. I am the old guy.

Our first interaction was when he told me that I had to cut my beard and hair. It was "not in compliance with the rules of the army". I told him to fuck off. What could they do? Send me to Russia? We were already in fuckin' Russia, what could be worse?

I say nothing to the kid today. I just lie down in my filth. There's a girl who's trying to determine how to eat the fucked-up MREs without puking out. I watch her choke on the first bite of her God-knows-what&beans.
"I think they should give us some... good food sometimes," she suggests.
"You ask for too much, lady."
"I don't know. A pack of Oreos could boost our spirits," she looks down.

Then, there's a young boy. He had blue hair that I personally chopped off while he was screaming the whole time. "I like my hair, it gives me confidence, and we need confidence to fight!" had been his reasoning. I had laughed like a motherfucker and said, "You need a fuckin' HEAD to stay the fuck alive, and you need to stay the fuck alive to fight." That bastard got no brain, and won't have a head if a sniper spots his neon hair. "What are you, a fuckin' bird tryna mate or some shit?"

The young boy, the ex-neon one, looks at the poor girl who holds her breath while downing food. "Oreos?" he says in disbelief. "Please tell me you're joking."
"Why would I be joking? Wouldn't you like some Oreos? I'd certainly be happier."
"You're disgusting," the boy says. "It's made with child labor. It's immoral."
"Kid," I get up, stretching."We are literally killing civilians here. I don't think you can talk 'bout morals 'n shit."
People are silent. I laugh.

We are the devils. We are the sinners. I hope Lord chooses to forgive us, but will the saints reject to ever lay their eyes upon us?

They tortured a boy just last week. We found his disfigured body. I made the zoomers bury him. They need to get used to this. They had the two-thousand-yard stare. Better to have it soon. Many of them haven't been in real combat. They need to get traumatized sooner so that they won't be fucked in the war. Or something like that.

Every time we have new recruits, I watch them mourn. The dead body is buried.
"He was my buddy," one cries. "Don't you feel sad?"
"You'll soon get rid of the emotions 'n shit," I shrug.
First, I get called a monster.
A few deaths later, I have more blank eyes. Soulless bodies standing with shovels and crosses in their hands. Mouths reciting prayers they barely know. Faces with dirt and blood, hollowed out. The ones who don't physically die will eventually spiritually die. It's a rule.

We had a few people joking, showing each other memes 'n shit. They don't do that anymore. They just shrug. They are empty. Their joy is dead. Everything they had once known is dead.
They are dead.

I can't help but smile. It's bitter, not full of revenge or anything like that. It's a sad smile. I watch another generation get fucked in front of my eyes. I can't help it. I could never help it. I watch them go from scared of death to angry at politicians to simply apathetic. Some beg for life as they die, they beg to God and then to anything and everything their eyes can see before their vision dies. Some, though, simply whisper "I knew it, but I wished I could survive" as they die.

I have seen some get broken by the war and kill civilians for fun. I caught one, hit him to the wall and punched him good. At night, though, a shadow hovered over me with a knife. An old college will not get fragged, and I didn't. No one knew what happened to him except for his buddies in crime.

A few... I lied to the others that the enemy kidnapped them or something. The truth was that they had pulled an ol' SIW on themselves. I kept it a secret to keep others from following their paths.
It's okay to lie sometimes.

And the war ends. We hear about the agreement or whatever the fuck it is.

"Will you die your hair once you get back home?" I ask the kid.
He looks at me with dead eyes. "I will paint the walls red," he says.

"You can eat Oreos now," I say to the girl.
She says it doesn't matter.

No laughter. No songs. No dances. No joy.
They go back home.
They have no aim now. They will want nothing in their lives. Nothing fulfilled, nothing enjoyed. Empty shells of souls directed by what they thought their "alive" pasts would want them to do. Empty relationships, empty families, kept secrets and dead affection.

No one criticizes my grandfather anymore, by the way. They respect him immensely. I don't tell his story often, anyway. But when I do, they bow their heads and exalt his bravery.

Am I glad, though? No, not at all. I saw an entire world die in the eyes of this youth. Nothing can be fixed anymore, a few generations have to die out.

Humanity never learnt. It never will.
On point 3. A lot of battles/campaigns/operations will be fucked up because zoomers can't stop posting shit that gives the enemy crucial intel on social media.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
It's a terrible mistake, but not because of the stupid reasons you mentioned. Women are provably much worse at combat, even modern combat with very little hand-to-hand fighting involved. Not to mention the average woman is a bigger logistical liability than the average man.
Women also die all the time in wars. Remember when Russians razed through Germany in 1945? It was arguably worse for the civilian women than men there. It doesn't matter if they die in the home front or in the war front, it's a reality of war that will not cause any further demoralization.

It's a terrible mistake because what I just said about their combat abilities, and also because someone needs to man the war economy back home in case of a massive war that drains all the manpower reserves. You need people manufacturing ammo and producing rifles as much as you need men with rifles in a war.
Jamie look up the number of US army women getting pregnant during deployment

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Seems a lot like zoomers would escape the country to avoid the draft.
This is the main issue lol. Can we realistically expect most zoomers, the generation willing to ban free speech to avoid hurting feelings? The misgendering causes PTSD generation, to be willing to die in a warzone. What reasons do they even have to die for? Maybe if you tell them Russia/China will ban onlyfans and state-enforced pronouns or something.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Miku Simpson

Woohoo Christmas
Reaction score
Awards
Seeing how the Ukraine stuff played out, despite how much the playing field has leveled out between men and women, theirs still a lot of overarching societal views that impact both genders negatively. The one that sticks out the most to me is specifically how men and boys are treated as more expendable in times of war and tragedies, and that gets both perpetuated by both women and men themselves

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Seeing how the Ukraine stuff played out, despite how much the playing field has leveled out between men and women, theirs still a lot of overarching societal views that impact both genders negatively. The one that sticks out the most to me is specifically how men and boys are treated as more expendable in times of war and tragedies, and that gets both perpetuated by both women and men themselves
The issue is that Ukraine is a very conservative country, even compared to Russia. So gender roles are gonna be more set in their army. Whereas you see ads for the US military that seek to appeal to lesbians for some reason. I guess you could argue that kind of US Army propaganda is virtue signaling, and when the chips are down they'll drop that... But I believe they aren't doing this just for virtue points, they legit believe that their ideology is true and powerful.

Virtual Cafe Awards

W1NTER

Ephemeral Cosmic Interloper
Reaction score
Awards
Roughly five years from now, a massive war has broken out and the governments of the West are scrambling for young males -- and possibly females too -- to be turned into cannon fodder as quickly as possible.
Some of these young draftees are millennials, but most would be described as Gen Z.
How would Gen Z react to war? How would the military system react to an influx of the average Gen Z? What would the war propaganda of these times be like? Et cetera, et cetera . . .
Likely lots of draft dodging and low morale, recruitment would likely be simple and flashy as attention spans have been shortened severely

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Women also die all the time in wars. Remember when Russians razed through Germany in 1945? I
That's a very modern development. Throughout history, men have been the primary victims of war and always will be, even if civilian casualties increase like they did with WWI and II.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
But I believe they aren't doing this just for virtue points, they legit believe that their ideology is true and powerful.
As do I unfortunately, the west is drowning in the Kool-Aid at this point. They're too busy with virtue signaling to a point of detriment rather than promoting a healthy society based on merit. It's been a cultural dark age these last few years and the military recruitment propganda certainly reflects that. Even triple A big budget war video games (which were far more effective at recruitment than any military PSA had been in the last few decades) have suffered a decline in quality both on a technical and thematic level as well.

The only instances where the military/3 letter agencies are currently portrayed as bad ass/component rather than very progressive are in Hollywood films. (At least from my understanding, I don't watch a lot of new films.) The Department of Defense and the film industry have always had a close relationship.
It would be very interesting to see what sort of recruitment adverts would be pushed out, they'd probably be very catchy like this one around the 1950's and try to gloss over any of the real horrifying aspects of war

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62zu9CQj2_I&ab_channel=robertrobin10

At this point I'd imagine them relying more on digital psy-op recruitment techniques rather than more direct publications. It'd give them plausible deniability to both lie to the public and heavily play into racism towards the enemy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Caspar

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hm. It's curious to know how the government would respond, because you have to remember they have an obscene amount of data available to them to hunt down their draftees. The question is really about how much vigor is left in the beast; does the government still have the personnel inside of it that they can muster the propaganda, run people through basic ASAP, get the economy into gear, and does the military establishment have the brains required to competently prosecute a war? There's so much change in people's daily life required, so much activity, such an uptick in busyness that I wonder if people today aren't simply too soft to organize for war. I think they'd prefer to play paper tiger and avoid direct war as much as possible.

But assuming that they could, and it did happen, those that dodged the draft would be absolutely hated by those who served.

How would the system react to the average Gen Z?
Slowly. There'd probably be mutinees, but they'd eventually get a handle on the situation by a mixture of concessions and better psychological conditioning. Why would there be mutinees? The average Gen Z is not equipped for the stresses of war nor the amenities they'd need to give up.

What would the war propaganda of these times be like?
That's the hardest for me to tell. I'd like to say they'll drop their woke BS and rouse the masculine spirits of the troops and try to lead them to victory... but that's just such a historically normal way of doing things I really am more inclined to think they'll try to keep up their propaganda as is and feed the troops the gray goop until they send their troops into such a disasterous battle that it shatters the national willingness to go to war.

How would Gen Z react to war?
Draftees would be in a foul mood at first then even out to a neutral as long as they aren't losing to the enemy. Volunteers would be in high spirits at first then even out to neutral in the same way.

Edit: changed conscripts to draftees and regulars to volunteers for the sake of clarity.

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
Every soldier will have access to smartphones and the internet, no matter how hard the military tries to control access. The videos coming out of Ukraine give an idea of what we can expect. Missile strikes set to viral phonk remixes. TikTok clips showing enemy prisoners being tortured. Drone footage with groups of combatants highlighted and labelled on the battlefield like units in a video game. Video from a smart bomb's targeting camera that's high-res enough to show the look of shock on the victim's face seconds before he's blown to bits. Captured GoPro footage that allows the viewer, for the first time in history, to experience first-hand what it feels like to be gunned down in a muddy ditch by someone you can't see. Nobody will know what's real and governments will struggle to control the narrative. The resulting propaganda and social engineering schemes will be almost as nightmarish as the war itself.
Thinking about this kind of stuff scares the hell out of me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

sleepwalker

Rogue 0f Blo0d
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
nhkhq.neocities.org
People forget that not all (I'd argue most) previously drafted veterans didn't go in tough as nails. Many were molded by their training and experiences to be the strong men they were at the end of it. If the Zoomers are drafted, which would be a tragedy as it always is, they'll nut the fuck up either at boot camp or after their first skirmish.

Virtual Cafe Awards