Thoughtcatching

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com

I made a post a while ago about how the CIA did a lot of research into "remote viewing", and how that research was quite compelling.

Since then, I've stumbled upon this website where you can test it out for yourself.

The instructions are as follows:

Go to this website: thetargetpool.com

Type "guest" for both entries

Click the dart board

Write the numbers down on a piece of paper

Write down descriptions

Let your hand sketch something without your knowledge

Click "view feedback"

The image will be revealed.

I've only tried twice, but both times were fairly accurate.

Post results, discuss.

Justin Theroux Hug GIF by MANIAC

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: h00

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
This is the second time I'm making this post, the first got deleted for some reason.

Copying from my replies to greyetch's profile post

BRO HOLY FUCK I DID IT FIRST TIME
1676071128409.png
1676071136731.png

In case you can't read my writing:
"Hot, spicy. Pizza?
american town
car parks, roads
chair, pool"

that's super scary and weird, even the sketch is kinda accurate?!?!?

(end pasta)

Looking at it now, It's actually a pretty decent result. I've messed around with psi stuff before but not remote viewing, and I used a kind of method to do this. I went into a light trance, the same way as I would if I was casting the I Ching (my preferred divination practice).

Hard to explain exactly how I do this, but if I was to describe it's kinda like "sinking" into the space between thoughts. In I Ching, I'd have my question, then go into trance while holding the question in memory but not thinking about it, and sink into that gap. Then I'd throw and interpret the results.
In this case, rather I took in the code it provided and then went into that state. However, the images and impressions I wrote down came to me while entering the state rather than during it, as if it slipped through a gap.

That's not quite the same as scrying, which uses sustained attention on a flow of internal images. However, that sense of flow was present while obtaining images. One thing I can relate that feeling to is during a psychedelic trip if you stare in one place then the visuals will evolve and change, but as soon as you think about what you're seeing it will stop.

I'll try again a few times and post any interesting results. Please ask me for clarification on my vague instructions.
If you try this, I'd recommend using actual paper to write and draw on as it focuses the mind.

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
Apparently I'm not very good at astral projection. Maybe it's because I'm spangled right now.
You didn't do it right. You can't name the thing and you cannot consciously draw the thing. You simply write down the descriptions (adjectives) that come into your head. Then draw WITHOUT LOOKING. Just let your hand/wrist sort of flop around a bit. Get some vague impressions.

For example, I recently wrote "silver (shiny?), cold, above, bright" and draw a cross with one side thicker. I had no idea what that was.

The picture was of a satellite in orbit - with silver heat shielding reflecting the sun.

Virtual Cafe Awards