thoughts on "posers" in vaporwave

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I say Pirate puts a vaporwave test before accepting new members, that way only true vaporwavers join the forum

Virtual Cafe Awards

xeroforhire

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.thexerohour.com
I agree that It's not necessarily good or bad. I do appreciate that posers help to get smaller ideas out into the mainstream, and thus attract more people into the original group. Branding wise, the creation of new aesthetically pleasing products to go with the vibe is kinda a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I've never been a fan of people pretending to be something they're not, but fake exposure is almost always better than no exposure.
I don't know if poser is a byproduct of marketing, or the cause of it. But whenever you see posers, be sure to see marketers close by ready to exploit that young love.

And all honesty, people are just looking for things to connect with because they lack community. When you don't have a way of expressing yourself that seems socially acceptable, then you find other ways to Garner that praise from your peers. When a person is continually denied love and acceptance, and then just keep trying harder to find it in other ways. These are people who are just looking for something that makes them feel accepted.

The other kind of poser is the person who's just really into this thing that he just found out about, and wants to learn everything about it. A lot of people will take a deep dive into new things and go as deep as they can. Eventually they'll mellow out or even out or something like that. But if you're constantly telling them that they're wrong for being really into the thing that they think is cool, then you're probably as bad as the poser.

Virtual Cafe Awards