Thoughts/theories on aliens?

naa

iguanallen.jpg

Deleted member 2040

although a bit of a buzzkill, it's true that aliens may or may not tolerate life here and vice versa. My point is that it's just as impossible for us to get to them and vice versa. Either way, aliens (much like any what if question) are inherently fun to think about.
I once had this idea -which I thought would make a good story - about astral projecting (meta moment sorry) and traveling to like alien realms, but after 3 pages it didn't work out. Oh well.
animation shrug GIF by Sadmonstelina

There's this one really good old school death metal album about ancient aliens REALLY good lyrics if you'd rather look them up than listen.

naa

I once had this idea -which I thought would make a good story - about astral projecting (meta moment sorry) and traveling to like alien realms, but after 3 pages it didn't work out. Oh well.
animation shrug GIF by Sadmonstelina

There's this one really good old school death metal album about ancient aliens REALLY good lyrics if you'd rather look them up than listen.

oh fuck dude I love that album

the lyrics are definitely really interesting and sent me down a huge ancient alien rabbit hole a while back

Deleted member 2040

oh fuck dude I love that album

the lyrics are definitely really interesting and sent me down a huge ancient alien rabbit hole a while back
Yes! Blood Incantation are so awesome! Personally I like Starspawn just an insy-binsy bit better, because of how AMAZING Meticulous Soul Devourment is, not to mention how it coincided with how I envisioned Mordor was when I was reading LOTR for the first time! Those guys are so creative and high quality AND enjoyable, not too many new metal bands can do that. The only metal albums which I can recall that fuse these elements together are Sham Mirrors by Arcturus and Colored Sands by Gorguts (though it's not sci-fi and the real context behind the album is actually really depressing because it's factual!)

I wish I could think of other good alien themed metal albums.

• Good Vibes
Reactions: naa

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I personally do not believe any real contact has been made between humans and extraterrestrials, and if there has, it has been covered up exceptionally well.

Additionally I can't bring myself to legitimately believe aliens exist at all for nothing else but a lack of evidence, currently. Could they exist? Maybe. Is the universe just too young and Earth, winner of the most extreme lottery ever, is the first to support life? Also maybe. Could they exist, and we just haven't found them and might never because the universe is just so damn huge? Yeah, maybe. Is it possible that we're the only ones because the great filter took care of every other intelligent civilization and we've yet to face it? A resounding maybe.

All that being said, I do drink coffee out of a cool mug in the shape of an alien head every morning. Pretty neat.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

I personally do not believe any real contact has been made between humans and extraterrestrials, and if there has, it has been covered up exceptionally well.

Additionally I can't bring myself to legitimately believe aliens exist at all for nothing else but a lack of evidence, currently. Could they exist? Maybe. Is the universe just too young and Earth, winner of the most extreme lottery ever, is the first to support life? Also maybe. Is it possible that we're the only ones because the great filter took care of every other intelligent civilization and we've yet to face it? A resounding maybe.

All that being said, I do drink coffee out of a cool mug in the shape of an alien head every morning. Pretty neat.
I feel like I'm on the fence about a lot with aliens, the universe seems super big and it seems unlikely we'd be the only lottery winners. Though also, everything that goes on with humans existing at all doesn't seem super likely, so it's hard to be like "yeah that's a definite" because after every extremely unlikely thing it'd just be another extremely unlikely thing. I'm def leaning more towards the same viewpoint you got honestly. It's fun to think about other possibilities though, I really appreciate the varied thoughts and theories people here have.

But like, what if the aliens implanted the thought to purchase that mug in your mind so that you would constantly be sipping in honor of their beautiful physical form? You could be first contact. Your mug is simply an alien effigy. Think about it.
shmoovin n groovin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
I've been meaning to give Intruders by Budd Hopkins a read because Vinny Vinesauce recommended it in one of his Black Mesa streams like, almost two years ago. I've got a copy of it, just haven't had the time to really sit down and read.

Has anyone else read it?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Merzcat

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In the traditional understanding of alien life I believe the only thing out there in this universe are breakaway civilizations spawned by the "elite" from earth.

There are many scenarios leading up to when a civilization reaches the level where space exploration and colonization are achievable, and you must take into account around that time brain-to-computer interfacing technology is available and in use.
I think people are looking at this whole topic all wrong, the real aliens are interdimensional and metaphysical.
instead of seeing the future as outer space you should think of it as inner space, where the real exploration is in virtual reality and the conscious mind.
In the fleshnet the outer space seems that it would be more limited to automated devices and ai mining for materials and resources while the conscious beings would be exploring the metaverse.
If there are other civilizations in this particular universe then I expect that the only way you'll make contact with them is. By discovering a galactic internet where they're living virtually.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jouissaint

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting thoughts, poster above. One of the solutions to the Fermi Paradox I find most comedic is the idea that each alien civilization has its own Elon Musk who leads it into VR bliss for eternity. I'm not sure whether asteroid strip-mining and the like would even be necessary, then; maybe if the species kept growing, or updating their Internet, they'd need offworld resources. Anyway, an interesting idea, but not very conducive to meeting aliens. Unless humanity could rise above the temptation of virtual gfs and expand into the cosmos, which seems unlikely at the current moment.

When I myself think of aliens, I think of the movie Contact. Not just because it's one of the best movies of all time, but because the way it describes human-alien contact (hence the name) seems the most plausible to me: any civilization with the capacity to reach out to humanity despite inherent universal restrictions like lightspeed, Hubble's Law, etc. will appear godlike or spiritual to us. Their technology -- and further, philosophy, which would have to resist the temptation to sink into hedonism described above -- would need to be mind-bogglingly advanced. Advanced enough to leave our sensors unsure, moments after the fact, if we had detected their presence amongst us at all.

It's both a satisfying and dissatisfying view. For one, there won't be much threat of "alien invasion", and the chance of knowledge communication will be high; for another, it won't give our species much philosophical closure, e.g. with UFO sightings and such. Are they just fake/delusions? I tend to view them as either that or classified military operations, but if they were real, they'd probably be automated reconnaissance or something.

Attachments

• saganacity.jpg
    saganacity.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89
Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)

naa

Interesting thoughts, poster above. One of the solutions to the Fermi Paradox I find most comedic is the idea that each alien civilization has its own Elon Musk who leads it into VR bliss for eternity. I'm not sure whether asteroid strip-mining and the like would even be necessary, then; maybe if the species kept growing, or updating their Internet, they'd need offworld resources. Anyway, an interesting idea, but not very conducive to meeting aliens. Unless humanity could rise above the temptation of virtual gfs and expand into the cosmos, which seems unlikely at the current moment.

When I myself think of aliens, I think of the movie Contact. Not just because it's one of the best movies of all time, but because the way it describes human-alien contact (hence the name) seems the most plausible to me: any civilization with the capacity to reach out to humanity despite inherent universal restrictions like lightspeed, Hubble's Law, etc. will appear godlike or spiritual to us. Their technology -- and further, philosophy, which would have to resist the temptation to sink into hedonism described above -- would need to be mind-bogglingly advanced. Advanced enough to leave our sensors unsure, moments after the fact, if we had detected their presence amongst us at all.

It's both a satisfying and dissatisfying view. For one, there won't be much threat of "alien invasion", and the chance of knowledge communication will be high; for another, it won't give our species much philosophical closure, e.g. with UFO sightings and such. Are they just fake/delusions? I tend to view them as either that or classified military operations, but if they were real, they'd probably be automated reconnaissance or something.
Contact sure is a really, really beautiful movie. Thanks for bringing it up and for explaining your thoughts on it, you make some really good points. I'm also just honestly always happy to see that movie brought up.

consider though: what if the virtual gfs are the aliens?
virtual waifus or aliens.jpg

Jouissaint

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Contact sure is a really, really beautiful movie. Thanks for bringing it up and for explaining your thoughts on it, you make some really good points. I'm also just honestly always happy to see that movie brought up.

consider though: what if the virtual gfs are the aliens?
View attachment 2841
I think I need to go close some accounts...
or open some new ones?

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • LOL

Deleted member 1930

Secondly, the Incas didn't have the wheel to ease transportation.

Thirdly, the Incas didn't have access to any serious cutting metals

that we know of. they're in the rainforest, the evidence would have easily been erased by nature by now.

i mean, the evidence and end result of engineering is there, the stones themseves...to me, it seems more logical and realistic that they had advanced technology and it vanished over time (just like our cars, computers and buildings will in the same amount of time) instead of saying aliens helped them for unknown/unexplained reasons

just because we don't have 100% of the picture of life back then doesn't mean we should automatically jump to the assumption that aextraterrestrials are to credit

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
that we know of. they're in the rainforest, the evidence would have easily been erased by nature by now.

i mean, the evidence and end result of engineering is there, the stones themseves...to me, it seems more logical and realistic that they had advanced technology and it vanished over time (just like our cars, computers and buildings will in the same amount of time) instead of saying aliens helped them for unknown/unexplained reasons

just because we don't have 100% of the picture of life back then doesn't mean we should automatically jump to the assumption that aextraterrestrials are to credit
I feel like you would like Graham Hancock, he proposes that there was an advanced human civilization before the ice age and that we lost that knowledge, he talks about the ancient cities in the amazon and the psychedelic use played a factor into it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I feel like you would like Graham Hancock, he proposes that there was an advanced human civilization before the ice age and that we lost that knowledge, he talks about the ancient cities in the amazon and the psychedelic use played a factor into it.
I love Graham

I actually got into these ideas prior to ever hearing about him though lol

Deleted member 2040

View: https://youtu.be/TrxnnepQkRk

The whole interview is gold but skip to 28:40 to get chills

This was a really great watch but very strange for several reasons. That man is an impeccable storyteller and speaker, but he shows little to no signs of lying. The details are extraordinary, and upon researching Credo Mutwa, he's an amazing human being aside from that. But the details of that, and scientific evidence of extraterrestrial matter in the Matobo Mountains is very weird. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

Given how unquantifiable the size of the universe is, it's selfish to say that aliens aren't real. However, most of the alien propaganda we see on mainstream media perpetuates the idea that they cannot be anything other than cruel overlords mimicking Columbian era terrors on a wider scale. [Memoryhead...]If we indeed were sitting on some equivalent goldmine to extraterrestrial life, we probably would've experienced some of that already and it seems like that is not what they are here for. I feel like this is almost a government mandated rule to make people fear things they don't understand.
All of that aside, it is wrong to assume anything about this topic, the sky is not the limit here.

Virtual Cafe Awards

E R I L A Z

Young Wehrwolf
Reaction score
Awards
so my feel on phenominon like that is that humans were likely much much more advanced than most people think.

people 1000 years ago, or even 10,000 years ago had the same brains as us. same imagination, same capacity for intelligence. there's no reason to assume they couldn't do fantastic things then like we do today. maybe people back then had flying machines.

1000 years is a REALLY REALLY long time, more than enough time for evidence of such things to disappear. even metals will disintegrate into dust in a matter of decades.

the laws of physics and aeronautics have always been there, it seems kind of a stretch to me that in the 2million year history of humanity people didn't figure out how flight worked until 1903. same with electricity. it is possible that ancient societies could have been just as advanced as us. all of the things we've invented in the 20th century were to solve a problem or a need in relation to human existence, and those problems existed back then too

people needed food, people wanted comfort, people wanted safety, people needed transporation, people needed all the things then that we do today, and there's no reason to think it's impossible that they came up with similar ideas or ways of solving these problems.

i'm not saying they had an internet or a car or machine guns or anything. but they could have had ways to solve these problems that we can't wouldn't understand.

you know in the pyramids, there is no residue of soot inside? seems to suggest electric light right? and you're telling me the people who built the pyramids couldn't figure out that a heated filament would burn and create light? it is NOT POSSIBLE to move the bricks of the pyramid without mechanical assistance. seems to suggest some kind of hydraulic power. fluid dynamics is a law of the universe a law of physics...it didn't take until the the greeks to figure out how that worked.

got off track I guess but to say "advanced shit was because of aliens because ancient people were stupid" makes no sense to me
dude, exactly this. there's just too much that's either unexplained or blatantly false. looking back at gobliki tepe and other ancient sites, it shows that humans back then had a good understanding of how to build absolutely massive structures. add to that immense cross-cultural similarities? hoo boy there's something we don't remember out there.

every culture from the sumerians to the egyptians to the greeks and romans to the slavs has an extremely similar cosmological/religious system, with dieties that almost match up perfectly in cases. it's just wild to me. russian and sanskrit are actually two of the closest modern languages today

what do y'all think of atlantis? personally I think the richat structure in west africa could be the old location. it even fits with plato and herodotus' accounts.

Virtual Cafe Awards