Thoughts/theories on aliens?

Deleted member 1930

Given how unquantifiable the size of the universe is, it's selfish to say that aliens aren't real. However, most of the alien propaganda we see on mainstream media perpetuates the idea that they cannot be anything other than cruel overlords mimicking Columbian era terrors on a wider scale. [Memoryhead...]If we indeed were sitting on some equivalent goldmine to extraterrestrial life, we probably would've experienced some of that already and it seems like that is not what they are here for. I feel like this is almost a government mandated rule to make people fear things they don't understand.
All of that aside, it is wrong to assume anything about this topic, the sky is not the limit here.

"columbian terrors"

naa

dude, exactly this. there's just too much that's either unexplained or blatantly false. looking back at gobliki tepe and other ancient sites, it shows that humans back then had a good understanding of how to build absolutely massive structures. add to that immense cross-cultural similarities? hoo boy there's something we don't remember out there.

every culture from the sumerians to the egyptians to the greeks and romans to the slavs has an extremely similar cosmological/religious system, with dieties that almost match up perfectly in cases. it's just wild to me. russian and sanskrit are actually two of the closest modern languages today

what do y'all think of atlantis? personally I think the richat structure in west africa could be the old location. it even fits with plato and herodotus' accounts.
Atlantis and lost civilizations are totally interesting and honestly worth making a whole thread to ask about if you want to, I bet we'd get some really interesting takes from that, it'd make for fun discussion

Deleted member 2006

Aliens do exist, but not the way you think as them being a overall BEING. They are 100% just bacteria on other planets.

dude, exactly this. there's just too much that's either unexplained or blatantly false. looking back at gobliki tepe and other ancient sites, it shows that humans back then had a good understanding of how to build absolutely massive structures. add to that immense cross-cultural similarities? hoo boy there's something we don't remember out there.

every culture from the sumerians to the egyptians to the greeks and romans to the slavs has an extremely similar cosmological/religious system, with dieties that almost match up perfectly in cases. it's just wild to me. russian and sanskrit are actually two of the closest modern languages today

what do y'all think of atlantis? personally I think the richat structure in west africa could be the old location. it even fits with plato and herodotus' accounts.
For the most part, the whole ancient aliens debacle is actually very racist. It's the belief that no other civilization had the intelligence or knowledge to make the incredible structures they left behind simply because they don't meet some standard set by Europeans on what a civilized group of people is. There is even evidence of the empires destroying other civilizations that do not meet the "savages" standard simply because it made them look bad.

Virtual Cafe Awards

naa

For the most part, the whole ancient aliens debacle is actually very racist. It's the belief that no other civilization had the intelligence or knowledge to make the incredible structures they left behind simply because they don't meet some standard set by Europeans on what a civilized group of people is. There is even evidence of the empires destroying other civilizations that do not meet the "savages" standard simply because it made them look bad.
ancient aliems.jpg

naa

I don't have the full story yet, but anyone seeing this stream of new info from the US government on UFOs and got thoughts?monkahhm
I know ananasupreme had a thread on UFOs in relation to the government too but I couldn't find it, sorry about that.

if anyone has the compiled info and doesn't mind sharing it I'd appreciate having more info, could be worth its own thread too, it seems like there's a lot of info out there

Last edited by a moderator:

mercuriata

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Aliens most likely exist, but far enough from the Earth that we've had no time to spot them yet. Obviously no aliens have gotten near Earth yet, we would definitely know if they had (anything with energetic enough to travel through space and host life produces enough waste heat to be a shining beacon in the night sky to radio telescopes). We may never encounter the aliens if they are considerably far from the Earth, which is possible. Any interactions we'd have would be through century long radio correspondances.

Virtual Cafe Awards

spaceghost

foreign ramen exchange student
Reaction score
Awards
i tend to believe that aliens are actually watching our planet pretty closely. when you look at all the videos being leaked that are unidentified flying objects and theyre being confirmed by the government to be real? idk that shits pretty crazy. im not saying that these videos are forsure species from another planet as i suppose they could be another country with secret technology, but i tend to lean more to the side that we a just being watched closely by extra terrestrials. i swear to god sometimes i will be staring at the stars and just see a total anomaly in the sky, something that is moving nothing like a star or a plane, but looks a lot like a star just jerking around and coming to a still at seemingly random moments, which normally i would consider a drone, but like they just seem way to fast to be one. really odd.

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

Kommando

Buibol 99
Reaction score
Awards
It's not racism it's that modern people are so arrogant they think everyone before the 20th century was a retard no matter the class who couldn't do long division and only knew how to eat, sleep and fuck. So when they see Stonehenge and the pyramids they think that only aliens could've made something like this because those savages didn't have public education and "just couldn't know".

Virtual Cafe Awards
It's not racism it's that modern people are so arrogant they think everyone before the 20th century was a retard no matter the class who couldn't do long division and only knew how to eat, sleep and fuck. So when they see Stonehenge and the pyramids they think that only aliens could've made something like this because those savages didn't have public education and "just couldn't know".
It doesn't change the fact that there are people out there who really believe that :CokeMan:

Virtual Cafe Awards
A lot of people when talking about aliens, at least on /x/, almost always believe that they'll not only get on with us, they'll also happen to give us super orgies. If an alien is presenting itself as promiscuous and 'sexy', i'm never going to trust it. Thinking with my cock about a highly advanced, space-faring species is not only going to get me lied to, it's going to get me manipulated.

Virtual Cafe Awards
99% of sightings are bullshit, but there's maybe 1% of sightings that are troubling and difficult to explain away. I think that in a minority of cases, sightings of something very secret are legitimate, and have happened since at least the 50s, but anyone claiming with certainty they know what these things are is probably full of shit. I've never read a single "alien encounter" story that struck of authenticity.

For all I or anyone knows they could be military. The fact there were sightings like this in the 50s is the only problem I can think of with this theory -- I know people who've worked for Raytheon or Lockheed, and they all say the American military has technology decades ahead of anything available to the public does (which strikes me as a reasonable assumption anyway), so I could see UFOs being their work -- I'm just not entirely sure such technology existed 70 years ago, and a few things happened then that seem difficult enough to explain I'd consider the possibility of extraterrestrials or something like that.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Hraelth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Any encounters with aliens are probably the same phenomenon described as fairies in the past i.e. trickster spirits. Extra terrestrials certainly exist but they're too far to interact with and that's likely for a reason.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Something I've thought about recently is as a kid who grew up super interested in science and technology and immersed in Star Trek (where interactions with aliens are completely mundane), I always had this tendency to conceive of UFOs and extraterrestrial contact as scientific and technological phenomena, and I assumed that pretty much everyone else thought the same way: aliens coming from other planets was a matter of them having sufficient technology to do so, and us picking up and parsing intelligent radio signals of extraterrestrial origin (via SETI, etc.) was a matter of humans having sufficient technology to do so. Given enough time and will to develop the technologies ourselves, maybe those relationship would even be flipped.

What I've come to realize is that for many people, particularly the new-agey woo-woo types, UFOs are a spiritual phenomenon--they couldn't care less about the technical problems and possibilities, but instead are drawn to a notion of stellar godlike beings who have attained a higher level of consciousness than we, rather than a higher level of know-how. Rather than try to contact Earth along the electromagnetic spectrum, the spiritual-UFO aliens might instead telepathically send messages to humans empathic enough to receive and channel those messages onto paper. While there were plenty of comparatively benign adherents like the Ashtar folks (George Van Tassel et al.), the most prominent and extreme example of this class of UFO belief is of course the Heaven's Gate group.

Either way, whether your flavor of ufology is nerd shit or hippie shit, there's alway's a dual narrative of ascension and extinction. We might receive a 100,000-year leap in technology, or we might be destroyed to free up some interplanetary Lebensraum. We might be raptured to a higher state of being, or we might be neglected and left to destroy ourselves. Although popular fiction runs with ideas of establishing ongoing relationships with alien races, positive or otherwise, I think the deep ufologies have more of an eschatological bent, and maybe that's why politicians like to stay so far away from it--nobody wants to be the Last President/PM.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
THEY ARE DEMONS ALIENS ARE DEMONS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Virtual Cafe Awards

SleepyFr0gWizard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
sleepyfr0gwizard.carrd.co
I hope there's intelligent life out there, but I don't think it'd be impossible for developing life to exist out there as well. There's a lot going on that average folks don't get to know about so It's possible that weird things has happened and we just don't know about it or fully understand what has occurred. I'm not saying that little green dudes from mars have done everything in history, but I wouldn't be all that surprised to find out that we've had visitors or something wild like that. If intelligent life does show up I hope they can take care of things better than we have lol

Virtual Cafe Awards

chrome

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I once had this idea -which I thought would make a good story - about astral projecting (meta moment sorry) and traveling to like alien realms, but after 3 pages it didn't work out. Oh well.
animation shrug GIF by Sadmonstelina

There's this one really good old school death metal album about ancient aliens REALLY good lyrics if you'd rather look them up than listen.

There's a book called Star Maker by Olaf Stapledon that's about that sort of thing. It's pretty good, but a little repetitive, worth checking out though.

I think there is intelligent life in the universe, but whether of not it's reached earth is a different story. I do feel there is some sort of phenomenon going on that even the government doesn't understand.

Things like the Ariel School UFO incident strange, it seems like there's a handful of reasonable encounters that have a strange "yo tech gonna kill u" type message to them, which doesn't really strike me as some alien lifeform from a distant planet, but more something with an invested interest in humanity. A lost group of humans hiding somewhere on the planet? Humans time traveling to leave try to change some dystopian outcome? I don't know if I necessarily believe any of that, but that seems to make more sense to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards