What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

This is the submission thread for the 2nd E-zine! Please use the dropbox linke for submissions and bump the thread with ideas, comments, statements, or just to bump. If you want to submit your stories or whatever you want to the second edition.

Today, I contemplated the full extent of the Pro-war narrative that's going on in the NATO alligned nations.

Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Wonder if we get drafted we will get bunch of cool music to jam to like what happened with Vietnam.
Need I remind you of this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQK32bwvRuI

We're getting worse versions of those songs sung by out-of-touch celebrities sitting in their mansions who are just using it as PR. Imagine Johnny getting his gun and listening to Fortunate Son sang a capella by The Witcher and Wonder Woman as he gets his legs blown off by a landmine.

I AINT NO FORTUNATE SON NAW

f0662d497584584e7081fceed23d62b8.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
Need I remind you of this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQK32bwvRuI

We're getting worse versions of those songs sung by out-of-touch celebrities sitting in their mansions who are just using it as PR. Imagine Johnny getting his gun and listening to Fortunate Son sang a capella by The Witcher and Wonder Woman as he gets his legs blown off by a landmine.

I AINT NO FORTUNATE SON NAW

f0662d497584584e7081fceed23d62b8.jpg

Might as well Local58 ourselves now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vale-aroma

Indigo-Pilled
Reaction score
Awards
People who think this is wild seem to have forgotten how deranged the public was for Iraq.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Linkat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
People who think this is wild seem to have forgotten how deranged the public was for Iraq.
It's the media. People get very emotional over the news and I never understand it. Iraq is the reason I haven't trusted the media since I was 12 and could actually start to think.

Virtual Cafe Awards

explorAR

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
cybos.neocities.org
To put it simply, I was watching some videos today and this one video popped up that stuck in my mind. It was a bunch of Russian teenagers sitting in a shitty house/hotel room and one of them threw a firecracker in the fridge and the whole door blew off. They were all laughing their asses off and on the other end of the screen so was I. But I couldn't help but realize that these people who the media is telling us we're supposed to be against are just that. People. I've always known this, I've always been against war myself. I don't think that the U.S or Canada has any business entering conflicts that we never should have been a part of in the first place. But for some reason this video really stuck out to me, the way these kids were laughing and living their lives completely care free truly made me realize how fucked up it is that we're fighting for these political powers that don't give two shits about us. It made me look back and realize just how much propaganda we've been fed since the cold-war and just how hard the U.S government is trying to convince it's people to go to war with Russia for real this time. Opinion on war is at an all time low in the U.S, they are absolutely scrambling for reasons to get back in the fray after the military failure in Afghanistan. The whole picture just doesn't seem right to me.
I am a first gen Ukrainian American and I have had some very difficult discussion with my fellow Ukes about this. There are many that are feeling extreme xenophobia towards Russians, which is understandable, but without self-awareness. I see it in a grand sense as continuing the cycle of hate that they started way back when Ukrainians were being starved by the Russians. It is essential to understand that Russians are as opposed to the war as anyone else, it is the government and the poorer less-educated Russians civs that are pro-war. As an evidence, the event of Russians googling how to break their bones, en masse, to get out of the draft, comes to mind.

I had a long debate with someone who wanted to stop supporting Russian artists since they wanted to starve them and the whole country. I could not believe that it was a literal re-inflictment of what they had done to us, it was a little too poetic. I tried to explain my position that Russian artists gaining income barely aid the war effort and wanting them to starve is just inflicting pain on a random individual for Putin's decisions.

Either way it is a very sad state of affairs all around, I am always an advocate of empathy and understanding. I find that hate is an easy impulse to act on but always misguided.

Virtual Cafe Awards