Today, I contemplated the full extent of the Pro-war narrative that's going on in the NATO alligned nations.

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
To put it simply, I was watching some videos today and this one video popped up that stuck in my mind. It was a bunch of Russian teenagers sitting in a shitty house/hotel room and one of them threw a firecracker in the fridge and the whole door blew off. They were all laughing their asses off and on the other end of the screen so was I. But I couldn't help but realize that these people who the media is telling us we're supposed to be against are just that. People. I've always known this, I've always been against war myself. I don't think that the U.S or Canada has any business entering conflicts that we never should have been a part of in the first place. But for some reason this video really stuck out to me, the way these kids were laughing and living their lives completely care free truly made me realize how fucked up it is that we're fighting for these political powers that don't give two shits about us. It made me look back and realize just how much propaganda we've been fed since the cold-war and just how hard the U.S government is trying to convince it's people to go to war with Russia for real this time. Opinion on war is at an all time low in the U.S, they are absolutely scrambling for reasons to get back in the fray after the military failure in Afghanistan. The whole picture just doesn't seem right to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
274039350_480867676936254_1180419656213712477_n.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards
Unfortunately, they'll find a way. Contrary to popular belief, anti-war sentiment was relatively high during WW2, which is why the draft age was set for 21 - 45 years old. That's a huge pool, and with propaganda + the threat of jailtime, they could get their numbers if they wanted to.

I'm hopeful that the country is in a way that a draft could cause enough people to revolt. Fingers crossed.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately, they'll find a way. Contrary to popular belief, anti-war sentiment was relatively high during WW2, which is why the draft age was set for 21 - 45 years old. That's a huge pool, and with propaganda + the threat of jailtime, they could get their numbers if they wanted to.

I'm hopeful that the country is in a way that a draft could cause enough people to revolt. Fingers crossed.
But in the early 40s patriotism was still part of the majority's values. Today the last patriots are being alienated by both multi billion dollar corporations and the government itself so they don't have much of a reason to fight for their country, especially not when that fight is staged on the other side of the atlantic ocean. I don't think they'll be able to mobilize enough but I'm not American so what do I know?

Virtual Cafe Awards
I think there probably were more patriots, but not even close to what we assume. If patriotism and willingness to fight was so big a part of our national character, there wouldn't have been a draft, and it wouldn't have extended out to 45 years old (Vietnam, for instance, capped out at 28). History is written by the victorious, and is generally used to program desirable beliefs and behaviors into people.

There are far fewer people who want to fight and risk their lives than present themselves that way. I don't know about you, but I don't see any of these big-talking, gun-toting, eagle shirt wearing, "man if they woulda sent me over there..." "patriots" signing up to go fight a war, any war, let alone one on the other side of the planet. I doubt they'd even sign up to fly unmanned drones.

That being said, I hope you're right. The lie that is American foreign policy has been slowly revealed since the Vietnam War, and I believe we now have such a conscious population that it would have to be a draft, which I'm hopeful wouldn't work and in part because of the things you've said.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
There are far fewer people who want to fight and risk their lives than present themselves that way. I don't know about you, but I don't see any of these big-talking, gun-toting, eagle shirt wearing, "man if they wouldn't sent me over there..." "patriots" signing up to go fight a land war in Russia. I don't they'd even sign up to fly unmanned drones.
Yeah that was exactly my point. These people have been driven out because it's been considered not cool to be that way since the 90s and every year we have another all time low of them. People nowadays think national flags are distateful and the politicians think they can force these exact same people to die in some eastern european shithole for that very flag hahahaha. On the right people don't wanna fight because they don't trust the goverment, don't see themselves represented by their nation anymore and on the left they don't wanna go to war because they hate guns and look like this:
ezgif-3-626ec71019.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think they'll try a draft because they know damn well there's a good number of potential draftees who, when faced with the prospect of going to war anyways, will gladly choose a civil war against the government they already hate over WW3 for the sake of people on the opposite side of the planet.

Virtual Cafe Awards
On the right people don't wanna fight because they don't trust the goverment, don't see themselves represented by their nation anymore
To be fair to the soybois, I live in the south, know very many gun-toting conservatives. None of them are going to war, even if they believe in the cause, unless it is on domestic soil. They're gun-toting because they believe in the 2nd amendment and are willing to defend themselves and their family with lethal force, as should be the case (imo). Otherwise, it isn't happening. And this has always been the case. Americans simply do not want to fight foreign wars (and also the majority of domestic ones, including the Civil War and American Revolution) without a draft. Thus, there has been a draft in every foreign conflict. And we're talking miollions of draftees.

The average age of new recruits is 18 - 24. And they're poor. Average household income about $40k. And they join because of the GI Bill, the military will help them get a house, and will help them get a job. They so desperately want a way out of poverty that they are buying their way out with their body. You know, like a prostitute (links directly to a PDF).

There are no tough guys who want to go across the way and fight some commies or ragheads or whatever. They want to stay home. Defend themselves and their community, if and when they need to. And I'm not saying they're cowards. It makes them human, good people by my estimation. Takes a real fucked up human being to want to go kill a bunch of innocent people just going about their lives because some scum in Washington want to appease a bunch of scum in the ruling class.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SELCOUTH

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn't even wanna be in Canada bro, I'm Canadian and I could see us getting pulled in right behind the U.S. If there is a conflict it's likely going to wind up on American/Canadian soil, since Russia and China are both superpowers, not to mention the fact that NK might play their hand, even if they have a shitty army they could still do some damage on the pacific front.

Virtual Cafe Awards
To salvage his low poll numbers and ruined legacy poopy pants bidoofus is gonna get a Russian nuke dropped on the country.

Then the senile bag is gonna get sent deep inside a mountain while everyone else fries.

There are large numbers of people who'd rather take on the government than take on another nation they have little appetite to fight. The government is far easier. Appear strong when you are weak.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Wonder if we get drafted we will get bunch of cool music to jam to like what happened with Vietnam.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
They've told us Russia was totally gonna invade Ukraine tomorrow you guise, for reals this time, like twice a week for over a month.
Statement?

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
All the war lovers should be drafted to fight in the war they started. No matter how old, get out there for your glory boomers.

Ugh
To be honest, i would like to be drafted to a war, but our country isn't part of nato, so is kinda neutral regarding the war, so i can't go even as a voluntary, anyways, war or not war, i still had to do my military service.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards