Toilet Graffiti

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I've always thought the walls of the dunny were an inviting canvas. Initially I wasn't sure if I should do it, but I decided fuck it I'm gonna do it. Now I carry markers with me, and if I ever stop for a shit, I write up a little something. This thread isn't just for me to show my stuff though, it's an invitation for fellow Agoran's to do the same.

>Why bother with this?
I do it because I like to try liven up a random person's day in a mundane place. I sometimes do it to give people a crumb to investigate, like the neocities.org piece down below. Surely somebody visited it while sitting on the porcelain throne. And it's a bit of fun for me too, so why not?
>Somebody has to clean that up you know!
Inevitably, yeah, someone gets paid to clean it up. They also clean up shit and puke and needles from druggies. My work doesn't take up as nearly as much space as the tags I see other people throw up. It's not doing them any favours, but at least it's not disgusting, and it doesn't take more than a minute of their time to clean.
I think that's basically the only questions/objections you could have to this fairly harmless practice.

I like to write things with blackletter. Blackletter is a beautiful lettering style that I don't quite do justice. I think it is striking to come upon it in a bathroom. You can tell there was effort put into it, and maybe it draws people in more because of that. Well, I never really hung around so I'm just guessing. But any bit of writing if it isn't garish graffiti would probably catch someone's eye.

1685135291370.png

Did this one today. Thought it'd be a fun little thing for anyone who knows our old Uncle Ted. Put the little k. there to ensure it's clear.

1685135396796.png

In case ya don't know which is which I guess.

1685135417996.png

Did this back when I was starting out. It's not great, but considering I was practically shaking I was so nervous, it's not bad. Really like the look of the last 'o' and the 'g' which was my own little spin on the style. All the other letters are kinda subpar.

I think just writing some message for the passerby's is good, and it's interesting knowing that you'll affect people's thoughts in some way, even just for them to wonder who wrote that there.
It's intense though because you can't exactly go back on a fuckup, once it's up there it's up there.
If anyone else does this, show anything cool you've done in this thread. If you haven't done this, do it next time you're in a bathroom and bring it here to show us. Have fun guys :ankhadc:

:toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet::toilet:

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
I wish I had a picture for this but there was a stall at my uni that was in a bathroom somewhere in the labyrinth of the basement that it had (seriously, navigating that place was insane but once you learned how to do it you could get around the building much much faster because of the layout). I go to sit down to poop and on the wall someone had written "our asses have touched the same spot. we are brothers now." Made me laugh

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I hate grafitti of most kinds. There's few things that can make a place look dirty, dilapidated and as if only scum lives there as fast and easy as grafitti. It's out of place by design, usually sloppily done because some kids do it at night and might have to run any second and the art is oftentimes average at best if it isn't just fucking tags.
I also don't understand the sheer arrogance that comes with making them because you just have to make a few assumptions to even go that far.
No, whatever your teenaged mind thought up isn't worth scribbling on a wall and it's certainly not worth the time of the poor lad who has to clean it up, not to mention the damage/cost dending on where and what you spray. If some self absorbed teen tweets all day, ok. I don't click on their feed so I don't give a fuck. But some retard spraying and scribbling their twitter quality shit onto public or private property is arrogance in the tiers of a god complex "Everyone must read my """art""", because... they just do!!" Absolute narcisissm.
For me personally, your need for expression will never trump everyone else's preference to just use a clean shitter for once. The "rebellion" of it is impotent, as the elites responsible for your rage live far away in gated communities and certainly would never use a public bathroom stall anyway. It's like BLM-Americans looting and burning their own fucking neighbourhoods. You're only bothering people that either don't care and if they do they aren't responsible anyway.

The art itself can be good, I must admit. Even your writing looks good. But the act of forcing it on others and stranger's property is degenerate. I just hate the intrusional aspect of it and the disrespect to those around you.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I did some tags in foreign languages around town back when I was 19. I liked doing that. There's still probably that one graffiti in broken Tamil somewhere...

Haven't carried a marker with me in a long time tho. Maybe I'll do it again. Idk.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I hate grafitti of most kinds. There's few things that can make a place look dirty, dilapidated and as if only scum lives there as fast and easy as grafitti. It's out of place by design, usually sloppily done because some kids do it at night and might have to run any second and the art is oftentimes average at best if it isn't just fucking tags.
I suspect perhaps our attitudes could be different because of location? I hear that European cities are quite beautiful, I see pictures of them and I could not stand to see anything covering that. But in Australia the cities are very new, so most of the buildings are ugly blocks. Personally, I find most graffiti to be not very good; I occasionally appreciate a tag that has good aspects in an abstract sort of way, or a well coloured piece, but often I don't like even high-effort pieces purely for aesthetic reasons. However, it's a little more interesting than seeing concrete for the two hours I'm on the train every day. I only wish they'd try more artistic things than just writing their name.
But the act of forcing it on others and stranger's property is degenerate. I just hate the intrusional aspect of it and the disrespect to those around you.
If people don't like bathroom doodles, they can look away; I'm not forcing anyone to look at it :JahyStare:

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I suspect perhaps our attitudes could be different because of location? I hear that European cities are quite beautiful, I see pictures of them and I could not stand to see anything covering that. But in Australia the cities are very new, so most of the buildings are ugly blocks. Personally, I find most graffiti to be not very good; I occasionally appreciate a tag that has good aspects in an abstract sort of way, or a well coloured piece, but often I don't like even high-effort pieces purely for aesthetic reasons. However, it's a little more interesting than seeing concrete for the two hours I'm on the train every day. I only wish they'd try more artistic things than just writing their name.
this might be the case but I really don't care how "ugly" the building is the grafitti is on because spraying it isn't making it prettier, just makes it looks neglected.
If people don't like bathroom doodles, they can look away; I'm not forcing anyone to look at it
Then you're forcing them to close their eyes or turn their heads. It's intrusive no matter how you twist it. The cleaning lady or janitor has to look at it anyway. As I said, hate the attitude that usually comes with grafitti. It's the very opposite of humility, respect and politeness. I'm struggling to think of an uglier, less virtuous and more self righteous art form when the act of creating it is already so tainted.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
this might be the case but I really don't care how "ugly" the building is the grafitti is on because spraying it isn't making it prettier, just makes it looks neglected.

Then you're forcing them to close their eyes or turn their heads. It's intrusive no matter how you twist it. The cleaning lady or janitor has to look at it anyway. As I said, hate the attitude that usually comes with grafitti. It's the very opposite of humility, respect and politeness. I'm struggling to think of an uglier, less virtuous and more self righteous art form when the act of creating it is already so tainted.
just took a shower and had some more time to reflect on my posts and I want to make clear:
Grafitti can be an effective form of protest/political expression and I think the more opressive the regime the more it's warranted to spray slogans/messages into the public to represent rebellion and also encourage your fellow citizens to not give up/fight back. But if you're in some cozy first world suburb then it's totally out of place and just looks like the passtime of some edgy teens.
So I think it can be a valuable avenue of political rebellion under certain cirumstances but it's trash as an art form.

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
just took a shower and had some more time to reflect on my posts and I want to make clear:
Grafitti can be an effective form of protest/political expression and I think the more opressive the regime the more it's warranted to spray slogans/messages into the public to represent rebellion and also encourage your fellow citizens to not give up/fight back. But if you're in some cozy first world suburb then it's totally out of place and just looks like the passtime of some edgy teens.
So I think it can be a valuable avenue of political rebellion under certain cirumstances but it's trash as an art form.
I would smile if I saw this in a bathroom
toilet-graffiti3.jpg

But I agree with your general sentiment. Also I don't think LostInTheCycles talking about putting graffiti in like a suburb but more in those bland industrial areas that surround big US cities and stuff. Still not really sure how I feel about it, just that I would personally never do it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
I would smile if I saw this in a bathroom
toilet-graffiti3.jpg

But I agree with your general sentiment. Also I don't think LostInTheCycles talking about putting graffiti in like a suburb but more in those bland industrial areas that surround big US cities and stuff. Still not really sure how I feel about it, just that I would personally never do it.
Yeah I was just talking about grafitti in general. and yeah I also saw some funny "conversations" in a public bathroom on the wall but I think my general sentiment is clear now. To my great shame, someone in another forum tagged my username and avatar under a bridge and posted a photo of it because of my rant about grafitti in that forum. We're online friends and he did it so piss me off in jest. So one of my many identities is part of the problem :(

Virtual Cafe Awards

no_chill

Philosopher King
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I also don't understand the sheer arrogance that comes with making them because you just have to make a few assumptions to even go that far.
No, whatever your teenaged mind thought up isn't worth scribbling on a wall and it's certainly not worth the time of the poor lad who has to clean it up, not to mention the damage/cost dending on where and what you spray. If some self absorbed teen tweets all day, ok. I don't click on their feed so I don't give a fuck. But some retard spraying and scribbling their twitter quality shit onto public or private property is arrogance in the tiers of a god complex "Everyone must read my """art""", because... they just do!!" Absolute narcisissm.
For me personally, your need for expression will never trump everyone else's preference to just use a clean shitter for once. The "rebellion" of it is impotent, as the elites responsible for your rage live far away in gated communities and certainly would never use a public bathroom stall anyway. It's like BLM-Americans looting and burning their own fucking neighbourhoods. You're only bothering people that either don't care and if they do they aren't responsible anyway.

The art itself can be good, I must admit. Even your writing looks good. But the act of forcing it on others and stranger's property is degenerate. I just hate the intrusional aspect of it and the disrespect to those around you.

Definetly. I think the same, "sprayers" are like vermin. Imagine having the time and knowhow to paint the entire fassade of a house on a main street only to be a retarded "artwork" full with tags and slogans no one can read and understand. Thus completely negating the whole art aspect, because if no one can understand and sprayers admit it even its on purpose, than this art must be meaningless. And if you go there the troubles of learning how to read it and it only says "Markus was here, you stink", than its uselessness becomes even stronger. Hence why I settle on short and precise messages. Like "Resist" "Be angry" "Hunt lefties" etc

Virtual Cafe Awards

h00

message is what matters
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
h00.neocities.org
Good thread, I'll snap some pics next time I see some shitter graff and post
I like it.
I like watching the free art go by everytime a train goes through
I'd rather see color on the walls than the regular concrete grey when walking in the city

I do think though writers that only do throwies or handstyle just to get their name up are hardly artists. when i see throwies i just read them as "moron"
Theres a lot of bad graffiti but theres plenty of good too

Ive gotten chuckles from graffiti in bathrooms and admired the walls in abandoned places.
Its human expression and I like it by default

With that said, some guy in my neighborhood started throwing "demon" throwies with horns on the D and a tail on the n and the linework was fucking terrible, no fill, inconsistent casing and spacing. If your shit sux im scratching it out TOY

View: https://youtu.be/H5O9rd9NuMg

bghfnvo4rjwa1.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Graff its cool when its actual burners and pieces, ok when it throwies on highways and stuff and tags on random abandoned places, the thing about it its that most of that stuff its very lame.

I have no problem with somebody putting a cool art piece over bland city concrete but wack shit just makes everything looks ugly.
If some normal person wants to take a photo of a place and they have to change locations because you have your corny bonglord420 throwie on the background ruining the shot you're a retard, your shit its supposed to be better.
It should be about doing mad graffics and bombing other crews with the BETTER art than what you're putting over, if you're doing lame sharpie writing or making something wack over somebodys else better art just to say you did it you're 100% a faggot.
If what you're doing makes it look worse than it is(Very few things look worse than bare dilapidated concrete) you're a retard that its better off huffing the paint instead.
If you scratch tag bus windows I hate you.

Good graff:
1685957498585.png

1685957547444.png

1685957581750.png

1685957802154.png

Shit graff:
1685957715051.png

1685957741467.png

1685957768174.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Max Chill

Involuntary Hikikomori
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not much into the notion of tagging, so I went sticker slapping. I haven't used eggshells yet, just thermal packaging stickers (easier and less hassle in removing). Here's one I did on our campus.
IMG_20230608_121552.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
This is what Agora Road was made for.
I make a point of not using public bathrooms for mental illness reasons, so sadly I have missed out on seeing any toilet graffiti personally.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Originally I was always against graffiti, very similar mindset of Andy Kaufman up there.
Especially political graffiti. I'd always looked at it and thought, "do you really want to advertise your party/politician as the choice of vandals?"

But as I've gotten more blackpilled and disillusioned with various governments and institutions my attitude has shifted a bit.
I'm now pretty cool with subversive graffiti on the property of shitty governments, institutions, and corporations.
And as censorship increases I increasingly see vandalism as an acceptable way to distribute censored information.

I've also been to some bars that actively encourage you to graffiti up their restrooms, and that's pretty fun.

HOWEVER. If you do uninvited graffiti at a small business or personal residence you deserve to have your teeth graffitied with a brick. Before I moved out of the city it was driving me crazy how some fucking shitheads would repeatedly gang tag the garages and fences of people who couldn't do anything about it. It was infuriating, and I wasn't even the victim. I'd like to see their fucking heads put on pikes as a warning to others.

I also think this extends to apartment buildings, the poor SOBs that live there don't need to be subjected to your shit at their home just because you think their landlord is a dick. Go graffiti the property management office, corporate headquarters, or the offices of whatever investment group ultimately owns it. But let the tenants live in a clean place.

Virtual Cafe Awards

_TF

Delusion-maxxing
Reaction score
Awards

1686230537032.png
1686230545130.png
1686230552638.png

1686230573229.png

Credit: Marko 93

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

_TF

Delusion-maxxing
Reaction score
Awards
Commissioned, or approved, murals don't count as graffiti.
Also for every instance of graffiti that does look good there's like 1000 others that look like shit.
i personally met this guy when i was younger, he started off illegally and then he did legal stuff when he got recognized.

To me i don't consider the fact that someone has to clean behind a bad thing, i totally agree on the topic of throwing your trash on the sidewalk for example, because it's just uncivil and dirties the environment for everyone + pollution etcetcetc, but graffiti, although there is in fact a lot of shitty ones, i think it's okay for people to express themselves in this way, because ultimately after multiple cycles one of those graffitis would actually turn out cool and be left there because it embellishes the area, but for that to happen you gotta let the cycle of creation and destruction to happen, you may think it's a pain in the ass for the guy that has to repaint or clean up, but honestly i think they don't really give a shit, they just do it, like every single other times they do it but for things that are worse like piss or shit.

Idk, i totally get the sentiment for any other things that makes the job of the people that clean harder, i hold the same disdain, but i think it's different when it comes to artistic expression, idk :TobyMaguireatingsipder"

Virtual Cafe Awards