Toilets in public restrooms potentially spying on you for nefarious purposes

EzzyCrafts

Specimen 1.0-C
Reaction score
Awards
Y'know those toilets in public spaces like schools and restaurants that automatically detect when to flush itself depending on various factors

I have noticed that various toilets in public spaces that I frequently go to don't seem to flush themselves UNTIL I zip up.
Even if you're standing completely still, it would not do anything UNTIL you would zip up.
^ This also occurs with various stalls too at the same space

This is clearly pretty spooky, as it is perfectly within possibility that restrooms in public spaces, especially schools are actually silently taking recordings of people and children using restrooms and selling it to various dark industries and for nefarious purposes.

Toilets that are "motion" detecting would have to identify whether the motion is coming from something that's actually using the restroom, or it would flush when random things (bugs, doors) go by. Opening doors to these restrooms do not trigger the "motion" detection, therefore I suspect for it to be using some sort of AI.

anyone have any opinions on this subject? I've been thinking about this for weeks and have wanted to post about this here but I'm not too sure about if I'm over-reacting or not

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
This assumes:

* That there's an AI which can detect whether your trousers are zipped
* That someone is invested enough in knowing whether your trousers are zipped
* That people working on this have never talked about it

or

* There are people hired to watch cameras to know when your trousers are zipped
* That these people congregate secretly to do their work
* That people working on this have never talked about it

What data do you think they're gathering from a video of the back of your head and your butt cheeks?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
That it could be automatically taking screenshots and selling them, or something

either way it's still a bit strange

If only I, as a billionaire, could find some easier way of getting less-blurry sexual photographs of people shitting than setting up public camera in establishments owned by multiple different companies and paying for the development of an AI that tracked people pulling up their trousers... hrmmm...

Virtual Cafe Awards

bnuungus

call me bun
Reaction score
Awards
If only I, as a billionaire, could find some easier way of getting less-blurry sexual photographs of people shitting than setting up public camera in establishments owned by multiple different companies and paying for the development of an AI that tracked people pulling up their trousers... hrmmm...
it's not about the quality of the photos. it's the fact that you made it work. please grace us with more of your inventions, punp

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
it's not about the quality of the photos. it's the fact that you made it work. please grace us with more of your inventions, punp

There is a certain thrill about seeing something that was not intended to be seen. I once saw a website that showed all the default videos uploaded to youtube. Stuff like their kid's soccer game, or a video of a glass of water. Just really mundane things that were snapshots of things happening in the world. I could see the appeal of visual kleptomania

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
The motion sensors user infrared to detect the distance you ar from the toilet. And each one batch is different, they don't give a damn about calibration.
You ever have one flush when you lean forward on the toilet? You lean back a little when zipping up your pants? Its all a trigger.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Punp

3D/2D artist
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
punp.neocities.org
I'm taking the piss, but realistically if you want to know if this is the case there are some things you can do:

Test the range for what activates the flush. Usually these things work on the principle of reflected infrared and requires a certain amount of infrared to be reflected (thus avoiding bugs setting it off). Try waving your hand in front of it, try moving near and far from it.

Try recording it with your phone to see if it lights up on the phone camera. You can try this with an infrared remote - your phone can 'see' infrared and will show the bulb on the front of your remote lighting up.

You could also try vandalising the thing and identifying the parts, but I wouldn't recommend this because public toilets are an important service, and fancy flushes aren't going to be quickly replaced.

Virtual Cafe Awards