Traveler of Agora Road Webring

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
When are you planning to add new sites to the sitelist, incidentally?

Virtual Cafe Awards

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
I'd love to add my page to the webring, my url is https://i330.dev (I may change up the css on my side to fit my site theme, but I'll keep the js all the same). Once im in the siteslist, I'll push the changes to my site.

Do you have any plans to create a page or widget to list all members of the webring? Could be something cool to put under the agora webring tab too.
Yes, a preview is currently available at https://voicedrew.xyz/wr/tag.html. I'll pm you once i'm finished :agsmile:

Virtual Cafe Awards

admin

Administrator
Reaction score
Awards
Webring as been added on the homepage!
agoraboogie.gif

Virtual Cafe Awards

Mew

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 64886
Feeling close to a final design. Might make the <a> orange though. Working example

Lets work out some formal rules/requirements.

1. Must be a member of the Macintosh cafe.
2. Politics allowed, but discouraged
3. All sites on the webring must have at least one piece of content (ie. No blank pages social media links)
4. Applicants must submit a 88x31 button

Feel free to comment, challenge, or append.
some questions.
can i submit at any time?
does it redirect through a website thus opening it to being useless in an outage or do i need to update it locally to sync with everyone else and risk desynchronization?
are onion links allowed?
about these buttons, is there a framerate/length limit on the buttons' designs? i'd want to keep mine fitting in with everyone else so if 60fps 5 minute looping gifs are too much let me know.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
can i submit at any time?
yes
does it redirect through a website thus opening it to being useless in an outage or do i need to update it locally to sync with everyone else and risk desynchronization?
As far as I know, de-synchronization is impossible, as every time you load your page it scrapes the java script file on voicedrew.xyz (hosted on github).

are onion links allowed?
I don't know much about onion, but if I allowed them I would keep them at the end of the ring to prevent interuption for people using normal browsers. If no such interruption occurs then I am fine with them.

about these buttons, is there a framerate/length limit on the buttons' designs? i'd want to keep mine fitting in with everyone else so if 60fps 5 minute looping gifs are too much let me know.
Only rule is that it does not disproptionaly affect load times (no 200 MB monstrosites). They must also fit the format (88x31)

Virtual Cafe Awards

I-330

certified loon
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i330.dev
I'm going to probably re-implement a lot of your js in django in order to avoid using javascript and off-site requests (or at least configure the embed to still function with no-js enabled). I'll probably publish the server-side code if I decided to make it happen. Thanks for all the work you're putting in!

Virtual Cafe Awards

I-330

certified loon
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i330.dev
Alrighty, added the webring to my page (with some minor adjustments), and all seems to be working well. I'll probably be re-implementing the back-end in django tomorrow if I have the time, seem relatively straight forward.
webring.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

I-330

certified loon
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
i330.dev
What's a good application to make one with? I've never messed with animation so I have no clue where to start.
I made mine in krita, but you can really use any drawing application! You can even use MS paint if you so prefer. For gifs, just create/export a png/jpg for each gif frame and then use a website like ezgif.com to convert the frames into a gif or animated png. Some drawing apps have built-in animation tools as well for exporting gifs and such, but they can be a bit tricky to learn.

Virtual Cafe Awards
we can be developers, until more people will hopefully hop in!
this has me thinking - does Voicedev got time, space and energy for all the checking (of) requirements?
we can use Agora Inbox and we can divide our work. also also, people can write us in groups of, say, 5.
if this goofy idea will pass, we can make harmonogram of join-ins. lets say, between 10am - 10pm #any timezone.

also, iirc, there was little argument about Agora Road Travelers (sic) being already a thing(?), in terms of names (Agora > Webring).

Virtual Cafe Awards

agoratoad

hello
Reaction score
Awards
Website
basementcommunity.com
I'm going to probably re-implement a lot of your js in django in order to avoid using javascript and off-site requests (or at least configure the embed to still function with no-js enabled). I'll probably publish the server-side code if I decided to make it happen. Thanks for all the work you're putting in!
if you get this done as a publicly accessible endpoint, i'd love to use it as well