Twitter is a Nuthouse (Cringe thread)

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Shameless self promotion, got tired of only seeing screenshots of strange verified tweets in memes elsewhere since some turned out to be fake, figured I'd make a page that compiles them all as a way of proving their unfortunate legitimacy. Here's a few of my favorites:

View: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/791263939015376902?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/351120640180355072?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

View: https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/3760650407?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

View attachment 54560

This was the best reply
1680824512497.png

Gotta love 2016 era Youtubers
I guess I'll post a few more while I'm here
1680824633503.png

1680824771181.png

1680824817587.png

1680824869253.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

splashy

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
splashy.neocities.org

Greetings fellow sir, I am deeply sorrowed by my following statement, but have commenced my journey to r/CringetopiaRM on the extremely and overly popular >R*ddit to apprehend and account for the factual information which is contained below:
Your tweet of which you have announced your immediate feelings. Thus fulfilling the use case of twitter, is extremely, and unequivocally cringe-inducing. Please remove your statement in order to prevent such a great amount of backlash towards your spoken message.

Virtual Cafe Awards

vect0r

That guy was my friend back then. We made posts like that all the time and it actually got people riled up. Very nostalgic. I miss those days.
I may go and troll some people on Twitter soon to experiment how Normies react to my slightly exaggerated beliefs. It's going to be difficult because even a small amount acting is very, very difficult, but I'll make an attempt. The last time I was on Twitter was about 5+ years ago and I had nearly gotten involved in the culture war because I cared about trivial political issues at the time.

Edit 01: I have successfully created an account on Twitter and have set a K-ON profile picture. Funposting in threads about Gen Z, Politics and people calling Anime Right Wing with a semi-serious undertone to convey my message. Not too much activity to report on so far.

Edit 02: I have been blocked. I was blocked after asking someone why they thought I was a NeoNazi. I don't think it's really worth posting images for it, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I will further this experiment for a little while longer, but I intend for it to be temporary and not extend over a multi-day period.

Edit 03: The experiment has ended and, based on the observations made, the culture cultivated on Twitter seems similar in some aspects to that of 4chan (feedback loop/echo chamber ). That aspect being the concept of a Feedback loop. It doesn't seem to be as obvious as the >R*dditcostanzayeahrightsmirk up-voting and down-voting, but it implicitly allows the user to self-moderate the ideas and opinions they consume. If you want to see the conversations, the account I used was: @Anonsan189957

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I may go and troll some people on Twitter soon to experiment how Normies react to my slightly exaggerated beliefs. It's going to be difficult because even a small amount acting is very, very difficult, but I'll make an attempt. The last time I was on Twitter was about 5+ years ago and I had nearly gotten involved in the culture war because I cared about trivial political issues at the time.

Edit 01: I have successfully created an account on Twitter and have set a K-ON profile picture. Funposting in threads about Gen Z, Politics and people calling Anime Right Wing with a semi-serious undertone to convey my message. Not too much activity to report on so far.

Edit 02: I have been blocked. I was blocked after asking someone why they thought I was a NeoNazi. I don't think it's really worth posting images for it, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I will further this experiment for a little while longer, but I intend for it to be temporary and not extend over a multi-day period.

Edit 03: The experiment has ended and, based on the observations made, the culture cultivated on Twitter seems similar in some aspects to that of 4chan (feedback loop/echo chamber ). That aspect being the concept of a Feedback loop. It doesn't seem to be as obvious as the >R*dditcostanzayeahrightsmirk up-voting and down-voting, but it implicitly allows the user to self-moderate the ideas and opinions they consume. If you want to see the conversations, the account I used was: @Anonsan189957
It's not really as fun as it used to be. Anitwitter is just 16 year old trad cath larpers with identical personalities. You also can't really say what you want like you could in 2016. It's better now than it was in 2020, but it's still not good. Most of the funny people are gone as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
3OORGnK.png

Delaney was being kind of a drama queen, but fucking hell it never ceases to amaze me just how much of the online Blender community is a cult that can't accept any criticism whatsoever.
Oh God, another non-Greek with a retarded Greek nickname that makes no sense (this tranny's nickname is translated as Frantic Scourge).

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
For sure, the recent social media controversies have me seriously considering making the move to Mastodon. Sick of feeling like my data and privacy are up for grabs on these mainstream platforms.
Mastodon isn't free of social media dramas/controversies, especially with leftists moving from twitter to Mastodon because of Elon Musk drama and with them whining about Mastodon "being tolerant to fascists". Same goes for any other "alternative" social media (which is why I deleted my Minds accounts).

GhostBox

spook
Reaction score
Awards
Unrelated but this should stop you from using twitter, unless you enjoy seeing bunch of blue headed soytards that you don't even follow on your feeds.
View attachment 57946
I cheer for the bots. Go forth and destroy social media, se we can make the Newgrounds/Deviantart punk world we deserve to have.

Virtual Cafe Awards