Undead internet theory, human AI co-evolution

shallows

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Where this co-evolution idea gets really interesting is with cybernetics. Can these differing types of organism be combined? About how practical could it be? It seems like the difficulty of adding in such parts after the biological parts have been grown would make it generally unproductive for anything other than medical care.(If the cybernetics are so advanced that they are simply better generally, what's the point in humans still existing? I also doubt that cybernetics would advance faster than genetic engineering in the long term, as biological organisms have many advantages(repair, degradation and the cycle of life allowing its components to be immediately useful as food, minimal toxic waste, and quick and easy reproduction.))

Likewise, what about reverse cybernetics? Could biological creatures be used to repair and maintain some form of android? It seems like cybernetics/reverse cybernetics would be most useful in the case of an extreme disparity in one particular aspect(regeneration, consistency, etc.) Additionally, is there ever a point where the advancements in both make them simply interchangeable?

trifle

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this is schizo posting, but i truly believe this is orchastrated. Soon elites dont need flesh slaves anymore because robots can do their farming soon and they are gonna gently genocide us by simply letting us distract ourselves to death.

The internet is basically the matrix, which is funny cuz all this x-pilled discourse is purely an online thing, but i digress

DONT TURN INTO A ZOMBIE

shallows

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this is schizo posting, but i truly believe this is orchastrated. Soon elites dont need flesh slaves anymore because robots can do their farming soon and they are gonna gently genocide us by simply letting us distract ourselves to death.

The internet is basically the matrix, which is funny cuz all this x-pilled discourse is purely an online thing, but i digress

DONT TURN INTO A ZOMBIE
That's the fun part: subcultures and collective consciousness. None of them need to want to do any such thing, or even comprehend any such possibility, but all of them will do it in accordance with their other desires and how their modes of interaction funnel them.

Although, of course, robots are unlikely to replace humans entirely or even mostly. They would, however, be quite useful for space colonization, which would likely ensure their development. Perhaps some form of homunculus? A biological imitation of man or a cruel perversion, lacking in will or consciousness. From there these drones would require command centers, which could be computer brains inside of vat-grown or stolen human bodies.

Last edited:

av1videocodec

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
In this future you lay out, what would even be the need for it to be an internet? The AI could run on the user's computer. Though, I suppose to maintain the illusion, it would make more sense for a user would connect to the internet.
I mean we already have TikTok, which is basically what you're describing to a smaller degree, and even though literally everybody knows that it's addicting and bad for their health they still use it. Smoking is back and stronger than ever, and the plus is you never run out of cigarettes!
I don't use TikTok, and I disagree with your statement that it is addicting and bad for your health. 'Addiction' is an invalid concept. People want to avoid harmful experiences, and experience positive experiences. You can call this phenomenon 'addiction' or 'hedonism', or whatever r*ddit word you'd like. Its not unhealthy, infact its the healthiest inclination in the human mind.
I've been shy since I was a little kid, but now I'm slowly becoming more and more social simply out of spite for people who can't communicate without a phone. So I think that although normies will never be people I'm super inclined to associate with, I think it would be amazing if all phones got destroyed in a solar flare or something :D
Agree with you so much on this. You seem like a smart man.

mesaprotector

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
In this future you lay out, what would even be the need for it to be an internet? The AI could run on the user's computer. Though, I suppose to maintain the illusion, it would make more sense for a user would connect to the internet.

I don't use TikTok, and I disagree with your statement that it is addicting and bad for your health. 'Addiction' is an invalid concept. People want to avoid harmful experiences, and experience positive experiences. You can call this phenomenon 'addiction' or 'hedonism', or whatever r*ddit word you'd like. Its not unhealthy, infact its the healthiest inclination in the human mind.

Agree with you so much on this. You seem like a smart man.

Okay, you don't like the word "addiction"... how about "Braiyden spends hours a day watching sludge content on TikTok and now he can't have a conversation or drive a car for longer than 2 minutes without pulling out his iPhone". Would you call that healthy?

I think humans by our nature can never have a healthy relationship with the Internet. Once it becomes "by-AI-for-AI", that sort of internet is nothing more than a drug for humans. Anything related to productivity can eventually be automated, so what's left is pure experience - AI feeding you the exact content that will grab your attention and never let you go. "Okay Alexa, hit me up with six hours of pure heroin". You wouldn't even need to worry about food or sleep since the assistant can easily tell when you're hungry or tired. I've always been pro-drug-legalization but this kind of thing scares me. Probably because I have too much internet dependency myself and can recognize the signs.

I think the current internet is maybe a quarter undead. You see it the worst on places like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk, YT comments, or when you search for the answer to a tech question on Google and click on literally any result that isn't StackExchange. I see a lot of AI-produced content but I don't know where the AI "consumers" are. By their nature bots are meant to target and fool humans - it doesn't help the advertiser/scammer if their bot is spending megabytes messaging other bots. I think there is hope, but that hope is people truly disconnecting. At least there are pushes nowadays to ban cell phones entirely from schools.

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
I agree with @mesaprotector. I think we might have a different view of what healthy is. It is not healthy to sit and scroll for hours, it is not healthy to stare at a bright screen for hours, and it is not healthy to view hours upon hours of short form content. What I think you're trying to say is that it's natural to be drawn to this stuff, and you're right, but to say it's healthy is just wrong. Also, it seems like you are viewing addiction from the perspective that short term pleasure is all that matters in life. If that was the case then you're right, addiction is just normal behavior. But short term pleasures almost always harm you in the long run. So addiction is a very real and destructive thing.

Virtual Cafe Awards