Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Kuuchuu buranko

Kaiba

Umineko

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3578

Only underrated in comparison to the rest of his work, but Castle of Cagliostro is my favorite Miyazaki.

Edit:: I broke the rules of OP but I'm leaving it cuz this movie fucks.

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Kizumonogatari 1, 2 and 3. Each movie is about an hour long and its among the most aesthethically pleasing of Shaft's work imo. Also its a perfect entry point onto the monogatari series.

ararararagi.gif

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
ive seen this movie like 8 times its a masterpiece
View attachment 13792
Never saw that one but I did see the one with Entei and the Unown and holy moly it was good
Easily my favorite out of the pokemon movies I have seen
There was also one with Rayquaza and Deoxys which had an awesome opening fight scene, but the rest of the movie I found kinda forgettable

Virtual Cafe Awards

Steingar

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My time to shine! So for some context, when I was about 17 and saw Akira for the first time I was so smitten that I vowed to watch every "great" anime film ever made. I've seen an enormous variety over the years, both obscure and well known, so whatever it is you're hankering for I can lend you a hand.

Now, the definition of obscure is different from person to person (one man's "Perfect Blue" is another man's "Howl's Moving Castle") so I'll give you a break down based on how much I hear people talking about it.

Off the main-stream

- Tale of Princess Kaguya: Best anime film ever imo, fairy tale about the moon princess being reborn on Earth.
- Royal Space Force, The Wings of Honnêamise: Astoundingly high production film about man hustling to become an astronaut in an alternative universe setting.

Relatively obscure

- Robot Carnival: Best anime anthology film ever, several great short sequences based around robots.
- Belladonna of Sadness: Awesome art film from the 1970's with extensive sexual imagery.
- Colourful: A boy who dies is given another chance at life in exchange for figuring out why another young boy tried to kill himself. One of my favourites.

Very obscure

- Nasu, Summer in Andalusia: Short film by former Ghibli staffer about bike race in Spain. Best sport's anime film ever made imo.
- A Wind called Amnesia: Really cool early 90's film set in post-apocalyptic USA after a wind causing everyone to lose their memories sweeps the world.

Basically unheard of

- Pictures at an Exhibition: Semi-anthology arts film showing the various animations made by the godfather of manga/anime Osamu Tezuka. A must see.
- Chirin no Suzu: Short parable film about a sheep that is taught to become a wolf. Really different to conventional anime style, totally worth your time.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Kolph

Traitor
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks. I didn't know that. I thought it was a nickelodeon show. Sorry
Yeah shut up, you anime pleb. Bet you watch American shows such as Naruto and Dragonball

Virtual Cafe Awards