Underrated Anime films

Phlog

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Robot Carnival, Lensman: Secret of the Lens, and Vampire Hunter D were my introduction to anime. To this day Robot Carnival is one of my favorite films.

View: https://youtu.be/JyR51psl15c

Definitely agreeing with Robot Carnival being one of the best anthology films.

mpv-shot0252.png

While they never got a full movie, only a handful of OVA's and two series; anything Dirty Pair is worth checking out ,except DP Flash.

2bitDeparture

cnNzIGx1cmtlcgo=
Reaction score
Awards
Some here might enjoy Megazone 23. I've only seen the first two parts and cant say the story is super amazing, but it certainly is very visually pleasing and the music is exceptional imo.
(I watched this around the same time I saw Dark City and have a hard time keeping them seperated so I may be over judging it ..or maybe I'm underrating it myself..)

Escaflowne like Megazone is one that I rate high mainly for visuals. The story is pretty decent, but imo the visuals are really what sells the show.

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust has the best of both worlds, the visuals are fantastic as well as the story. the original Vampire Hunter D will shed some backstory on D, but its not needed to enjoy Bloodlust.

- Jin-roh and the wolf brigade
I can second Jin Roh. it's another that I don's see mentioned very often. It's got a pretty awesome story, and with the help of the subnarrative(is that a thing?) which kind of follows a more known fairy tale, you get a level of weight added that I think makes it really worth while.

The last one is Maquia. Whenever I am asked(or I imagine being asked) what my favorite movie is, Maquia is the usually first one to pop into my head. I cant say it _is_ my favorite as once I remember all the other great movies is seems I can never make a decision, but it is _one of_ by favorite movies. It's so good I am genuinely suprised by how little I see it mentioned.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Emy_SJ

Animation Enjoyer
Reaction score
Awards
Havent heard a lot of people speaking about this movie, its called Ride your wave and its so gorgeous. The animation is amazing and the film its sad in some parts but its so good. Also havent heard a lot of people talking about Josee, the tiger and the fish, its so pretty and so good too! ;w; they are both so warm and sad, i love them
1703198224438.png
1703198324798.png

Virtual Cafe Awards