Unpopular Opinions

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
"Post Unpopular Opinion" threads are just pointless, self-affirming threads where people actually post fairly common opinions.

Credentials: I have the most unpopular opinion at 5 thonks and a scared react.

Virtual Cafe Awards

brentw

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Credentials: I have the most unpopular opinion at 5 thonks and a scared react.

I have the most popular unpopular opinion.
Get on my level scrub.

All (11)
GiggaChad
GiggaChad (5)
Confused
Confused (1)
Nice
Nice (1)
Love
Love (1)
Sad
Sad (1)
Thinking
Thinking (1)
Coffee (Like)
Coffee (Like) (1)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jessica3cho雪血⊜青意

ばかばかしい外人
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
recanimepodcast.com
I have the most popular unpopular opinion.
Get on my level scrub.

All (11)
GiggaChad
GiggaChad (5)
Confused
Confused (1)
Nice
Nice (1)
Love
Love (1)
Sad
Sad (1)
Thinking
Thinking (1)
Coffee (Like)
Coffee (Like) (1)
That's only 3 negative reacts, and the sad react is questionably negative at best.

>Self-affirming NPC confirmed!
>Jesuit confirmed!
>Tulpa confirmed!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Chao Tse-Tung

Chairman of the Deep-State Cabal, KEC
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aoaed-official.neocities.org
Marx was right and nobody listened except for people who didn't understand and the result of that is the planet will now all die for the profit of a few instead of not at all, or at the very least for the betterment of humanity.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 3981

The advancement of technology should be stopped at all costs. This convenience will soon completely erode any meaning human beings once had from existing. If an AI can write a story more eloquent than any author, and that AI is cheap/ easily available, what's the point of having human authors? Apply that same logic to any profession and you're left with humans as a side-piece to their own creation. Then what do we do? Now take this convenience one step further and have that AI follow you around as a companion. Let it run off a brain chip in your skull and have it walk you through every decision you make. Let it teach you math, the arts, the sciences. Let it tell you what decisions could endanger you, let it gamify your life so that every good thing you cultivate is accomplished through checklists and the artificial rush of endorphins induced by your nanny-intelligence. Then what becomes of your life? Discipline has no meaning. There is no "trial" left to overcome. You have no free will when you're effectively stockholmed or raised to believe in whatever your brain chip tells you to do. Then you're just a consent machine. "Would you like to run the social skills advisor?" "Yes." "Would you like to engage the meditation module?" "Yes". "You'll gain five extra seretonin hits if you do this good deed." "Accept." What a hell on earth that future would be.

№56

Self-Hating Bureaucrat
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
no56.neocities.org
If an AI can write a story more eloquent than any author, and that AI is cheap/ easily available, what's the point of having human authors?
I don't think real-world AI will ever be able to surpass actual human beings when it comes to art. What's more plausible (and more scary) is a future where human artists become so used to AI-generated products that they lose sight of their own potential and stop trying to do things better than the computer can. I can't see an AI ever writing a great novel, but a future where the average citizen thinks GPT-n is the height of literature is depressingly believable.
Frank Herbert was right when he wrote that machine-like humans were more dangerous than human-like machines.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Marx was right and nobody listened except for people who didn't understand and the result of that is the planet will now all die for the profit of a few instead of not at all, or at the very least for the betterment of humanity.
The last chance humanity had to avoid the corporatist future died in december 25 1991.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I have friends that played League for thousands of hours and they share this exact sentiment
Counter-Unpopular Opinion: Wasting time isn't something bad, after a hard day of work, or after school, you just want to relax, videogames can provide a better entertainment and be more healthy to your state of mind than social media, like twitter for example, it depends on how the individual manage this sort of things, at the end of the day, everything would rot your brains, you will age, and your neurons would die doesn't matter what you do really, so just enjoy life as you please.

And also, it depends really, you can get something useful from videogames, for example i learned english by playing videogames for thousands of hours, it also helped me to develop creativity (in my line of work, having creativity is one of the most important things), damn, some even can teach you lessons that could help you in life, all of this while having fun, you will say "the same could apply to social media", but the problem is that social media also hurts your psyche, using twitter and being exposed by constant agressive behavior from actual real people, not just a line of code, can demoralize anyone, so i think that social media hurts you more and rots your brain even more than videogames.

Virtual Cafe Awards