Unpopular Opinions

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Here are my hot takes on animation stuff I guess lmao.

1.Princes Mononoke though great falls short of being excellent, much less a ´masterpiece'
2. Spiderverse is carried by the art direction, the plot is mediocre as fuck
3.The Boss Baby movies are mid (and not the worst thing ever unlike the Hotel Transylvania franchise lol).
4.Disney's Atlantis sucks.
5.Your Name is also mid.
6. Toradora has some great character work, but it ends up undermining itself thank to melodrama.
7. People justifying Pixar's repetitive story telling as 'But it's the Pixar formula!' is a terrible excuse.
8. Anomalisa is bad to mid. The movie should've 100% been a short film instead. (The animation is amazing though)
9. Ramses arc in Prince of Egypt felt very rushed.
10. Zootopia is highkey 'race realist'.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
3.The Boss Baby movies are mid
The boss baby is actually better than citizen kayne (overrated as fuck i slept after 20 minutes), the movie managed to create an standard in animation, on how you shall make a movie, is literally the movie of all time, the characters were written, the story was developed, the soundtrack was composed, the scenes were recorded and the edition was edited, truly a movie of all time.
1673937436178.png

Virtual Cafe Awards
I dont give a fuck what you believe, i care how you treat me

philosophy - dont care what you think, or which intellectually you most align with
religion - Dont care about your dumb gods and pantheons and enlightenments
eithics - bullshit

how you treat ME, is all I care about

"Don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are."​

― Frank Ocean

Virtual Cafe Awards
so, legacy of Vines? (weird how one died-out and othe
On a similar note:
Early tiktok was actually fun. Like the very first 2 or 3 months were fucking magical. It quickly developed its own meme culture and had wierd interactive and collaborative meme story going on with the furry wars, crusades and e-girl hunts and shit.
The duet-function birthed some really creative and original meme formats and the app's algorithm didn't filter out the """offensive""" shit because it wasn't trained yet.
r blew up)

Virtual Cafe Awards
I've seen only memes about the sigma shit that I believe that 99% are just having fun with it and only a few retards actually take this seriously.
totally 4chan TOL-er who live in his own world, outside of reality

Virtual Cafe Awards
Anime as a culture used to be good but now it is bad, anime as a product was always bad and it got worse significantly.
I don't care about the palestine-Israel conflict and i wouldn't even if i had a button that would end the conflict in one sides favour.
Japan makes better cars than Germany
I hate AI in art
Taliban isn't as horrible as the media made it out to be, probably better than USA's leadership
linux is under microshits umbrella now that systemd is openly a microsoft employee's project even if everyone pretend this didn't happen, teh toxic linux community was right all along. Systemd is evil
i hate when people add "core" after concepts and make it a trend, i rarely see it but when i do i am furious.
they don't make woke shows to destroy the west, they make woke shows because people that hatewatch gives them fame that making good shows would never give and money they siphoned would be a big issue is people weren't laserfocusing on the social messages their show gives.

Attachments

• img_turkmen_anime.jpg
    img_turkmen_anime.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 30
Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
Well, one could argue the differences between gender and sex, sex is when we get in the biological matter, you either have chromosomes XY or XX (XXY or XO in intersex cases), but with gender, the things get into a more Sociological, and philosophical, gender as an idea is a mere construct you can shape in order to be who you really want to be, and for that, there is a huge amount of genders and orientations (but i'll leave that to the spectators)

for example, transgender people uses words like "AFAB or AMAB" when refering to their sex or pre transition identity, this means a trans male is identified as AFAB (assigned female at birth) and the opposite with trans woman (amab, assigned male at birth), is what people usually misunderstands, is not that they are not aware, is that people communicate poorly to express their point of views, mostly, out of ignorance.

Actually, humans don't have a true intersex (unless you want to count unich as part of the group) , sex in humans is determined by the presence of the Y chromosome. XO is female and XXY is male. XO is actually capable of birth, though it is rather rare since their sex organs are often underdeveloped and most pregnancies will miscarriage due to the XO not properly passing on an X chromosome. The infertility is true of basically all the anueploid linkages (XXYY, XXXY, XXY, XYY, ect) and there is a general loss of IQ associated with them of 10 ish points or more depending on which one they have. Ultimately these are genetic defects rather than any kind of separate sex and most people who would be born with them are miscarried.

I'll always find the split of sex and gender amusing, since it effectively defines "trans" out of existence in the sense that it is usually used. Due to the split, being "transgender" would actually be a reference to tomboys and femgirls and woulds have nothing to do with any of the hormone dosing or surgery. You could try to call it "trans-sex", but that doesn't work either since humans don't currently have the technology to do that. You could then use "psuedo trans-sex", but that doesn't work either since the vast majority of em are also changing their "gender" at the same time. so you would essentially need another word that uses the old, combined definition of sex and gender to describe the process, then slap psuedo in front of it.

It actually makes me wonder how many of these people have.... I guess I'll call it relentless dysphoria, where no matter what they change they still feel the same since.... it's dysphoria and attaining whatever they think they want just causes that new thing to become what they are dysphoric over as a pathological inclination to be dysphoric, rather than over anything they actually have.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Grimace

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
U2 is the second worst band in history. Radiohead being the worst.
...and yet somehow those two most worst bands were able to fornicate and create a boring bastard offspring known as Coldplay.

Wesley Willis was the height of musical genius and I am just glad for many years I was able to share the same universe as he.

Virtual Cafe Awards

__legalizenukes2024__

Nuclear extremist
Reaction score
Awards
I havent seen this here yet, but in 4chan theres now a culture of continuous attack against ebonics and all kinds of shit nobody should fucking care about, incessantly being hatefully associated with zoomers and "wiggers". If someone from small-town texas or sth were to post there he would be assblasted with soyjaks over saying "y'all" or something like that. The culture war is disgusting. People with no knowledge of linguistics at all cant stop fucking crying about how a random stranger on the internet speaks. Im not an amerimutt or anglo, I listen to rap; I don't see why I shouldn't emulate the people I enjoy listening to (which everybody fucking understands and in fact uses their vernacular on the internet), and instead should talk exactly like these random bastards want me to talk. All the ways I can speak english are "fake", and the internet is not real life anyway. I consume plenty of english speaking media made by white people as well, but I really dont care about this culture war, I wish they stopped policing how people write, fucking retards.

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
I havent seen this here yet, but in 4chan theres now a culture of continuous attack against ebonics and all kinds of shit nobody should fucking care about, incessantly being hatefully associated with zoomers and "wiggers". If someone from small-town texas or sth were to post there he would be assblasted with soyjaks over saying "y'all" or something like that. The culture war is disgusting. People with no knowledge of linguistics at all cant stop fucking crying about how a random stranger on the internet speaks. Im not an amerimutt or anglo, I listen to rap; I don't see why I shouldn't emulate the people I enjoy listening to (which everybody fucking understands and in fact uses their vernacular on the internet), and instead should talk exactly like these random bastards want me to talk. All the ways I can speak english are "fake", and the internet is not real life anyway. I consume plenty of english speaking media made by white people as well, but I really dont care about this culture war, I wish they stopped policing how people write, fucking retards.
The culture war is a thing in real life though. And to most internet sites (including Agora forum) and social media.