• Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

- Upgrade now for supporter only awards! In Three Tiers

-- Agora Gold

-- Agora Silver

-- Agora Bronze

Upgrades like "moods" username customization, profile customization, custom backgrounds, banners and much more!

It will be under Account Upgrades

Submissions for Tales of Agora Road Issue #4 is OPEN! MAKE AGORA CHAN ART BY CLICKING HERE

Vaporwave Gaming

Alixie

The Tourist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
So recently, I was thinking about Disillusion, and then I realized something. Anyone knows any games (or mods) about vaporwave or with those aesthetics or "feeling" (or any other similar, except for y2k)? Since vaporwave is pretty popular, it would make sense that there are games about it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Doctor Dirck

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Labyrinth.os-RPGMaker turnbased RPG. It looks aight but I haven't actually played this one. Only a demo right now.
hFn6YJ.png

STONKS-9800-Has a corny name, and kind of lame very predictable stock market and gambling minigames, but I do like the look a lot. It's early access so it might get better.
ss_c17360bdf8e454b44f1c9939454bf0b0efbf5d98.1920x1080.jpg

Interior Worlds-Been thinking about getting this one for awhile now. Kind of liminal but a lot of the maps dip into vaporwave which I kind of like. Gameplay looks boring though just taking pics.
image (3).png

Some guy shared his Vaporwave games he owns on steam with me a while back. It's a good list, no promises about the games on it though. Here is the pic:
image (4).png

And if you're just itching for a little bit more people say some places or mods or whatever for VR chat is the way to go. Palm Plaza Mall is a name I hear come up a lot. I've never played VRChat though not my kind of game but if you think you might like it, it might fill your Vaporwave wants.
Palm_Plaza_Mall_-_Main_Plaza.png

Ross_Я

Slacker
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Some guy shared his Vaporwave games he owns on steam with me a while back. It's a good list, no promises about the games on it though. Here is the pic:
I know nothing about Vaporwave, but that list really makes me curious what kind of... stuff it is aimed onto. There's ton of obscure games, and then there are Vice City and Blood Dragon? Why would someone mention something like Vice City and Blood Dragon without mentioning, like, Scarface: The World Is Yours or Hotline Miami?
That list is quite all over the place, IMO. Vice City especially. It is not even in one line with Blood Dragon in the end of the day - Vice City is just the game about the 80's. Blood Dragon is retrowave-inspired pseudo-nostalgia full of neon lights and dinosaurs.
If anything, I've played Electro Ride. I keep contact with the guy from Poland who made that game. He personally wants to promote his latest game - Sunset GP - but I find Electro Ride much better both gamepaly-wise and aesthetically. I guess, Electro Ride has a bit too much communism in it for it to be... err... in-line with modern... game-selling politics. But I still do recommend Electro Ride. It has unique boost mechanics, if anything, and is quite a solid arcade racer overall in my opinion.
Also, I do not know his stance on vaporwave, but he is quite into lo-fi lately, and it shows in Sunset GP. Electro Ride though is pretty much retrowave in its themes as well.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Doctor Dirck

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I know nothing about Vaporwave, but that list really makes me curious what kind of... stuff it is aimed onto. There's ton of obscure games, and then there are Vice City and Blood Dragon? Why would someone mention something like Vice City and Blood Dragon without mentioning, like, Scarface: The World Is Yours or Hotline Miami?
That list is quite all over the place, IMO. Vice City especially. It is not even in one line with Blood Dragon in the end of the day - Vice City is just the game about the 80's. Blood Dragon is retrowave-inspired pseudo-nostalgia full of neon lights and dinosaurs.
It's not my list so I'm faaaar from willing to die on a hill for it, but all I'll say in defense of it is that the stuff it's claiming that is a stretch is very clearly a stretch. Even if you're unfamiliar with the games a quick google will make something like Vice City clear it's 80's aesthetic. My big beef on the list is Hypnagogia. Dreamy? 100%. Vaporwave? Not really. Aesthetic I think is a hard thing to classify because it means such wildly different things to different people.

LJXstream

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
So recently, I was thinking about Disillusion, and then I realized something. Anyone knows any games (or mods) about vaporwave or with those aesthetics or "feeling" (or any other similar, except for y2k)? Since vaporwave is pretty popular, it would make sense that there are games about it.
Y'know i probably sound like a noob saying this, but what about Hotline Miami 1 and 2?

Alixie

The Tourist
Reaction score
Awards
Website
alixx.ichi.city
Y'know i probably sound like a noob saying this, but what about Hotline Miami 1 and 2?
Already know them, but I would say they are more 80s than 90s.

Virtual Cafe Awards