Vaporwave Review: Blush by b l u e s c r e e n & danger .ファルコン.1989

:KongDance: This review was originally written on the main Agora Road website :KongDance:

View: https://gulfaudiocompany.bandcamp.com/album/b-l-u-s-h

Blush is an album that I wanted to review for a while now but now that I have more free time I can finally review this sweet delightful album by b l u e s c r e e n & danger.ファルコン.1989. This is a Post-Vaporwave/plunderphonics Album originally released by Sunset Grid & Gulf Audio Company Label but is now available on the My Pet Flamingo Label as well on June 6th 2019. This album features some funky tunes but it's mostly slushed phunderphonic vaporwave.

IMPULSES (vaporwave) – First let me introduce you to IMPULSES. This one is the most futurefunky song in the album. We have some tropical beats and groovy jazz mixed right in.
You will feel like you are in the jungle at first dancing in the Safari ,but then the jazz comes in and you are instantly transitioned to a more city jazz vibe to soothe your grooves.
Which ends with a reminder in true classic vaporwave style to "beware in acting in IMPULSE". Now that I think about it, this song does tell a story about the primal impulses of man.
Yes we may live in big cities now but you cannot forget where you came from and beware your primal desires from taking over your humanity. It's beautiful if you think about it.

î'm ⌡eªlou§ (vaporwave) – Features an intro of a mascara commercial and gives off an unsettling vibe that pokes fun at the makeup industry and consumerism. The song has a Japanese feeling mixed with nursery tune feel to it.

Like the audio listener can see past what the commercial really means and it means nothing.
Its just a facade, a mirage, a screen. Then You come out and see the world for what it truly is. This reminds be of Plato's"Allegory of The Cave" where these people are willingly in a cave. All they can see is the wall of the cave. Behind them burns a fire.

Between the fire and the prisoners there is a parapet, along which puppeteers can walk but one of them turns around and walks out of the cave and is free. I may be reading into it too much but that is how I feel and I like it that way.

Powdering my №se (vaporwave) – This song starts off with a joyful 80s Japanese commercial I have no idea what they are saying but I love the happy laughs. Then next we transition to the meat of the song with slushwave distorted lyrics and smooth jazz.
But I gotta says that his song did give me a trance-like state of euphoria if u just focused on the echo ringing sound like its saying "oh"repeated over and over, I wish this one was longer to see if I get a full effect.

Targeted.advertising (vaporwave) – Up next we have Targeted.Advetising, now I when first heard this track I jolted up outta my seat on this one because the drone like terminator beat surprised me in the intro.
I was like "what?"but it instantly transitioned to true plunderphonics and 80s jazz muzak. It's also features little broken transmission in a mall like shopping trance experience.
You feel like you went back to the 80s and see nothing but furniture advertisements for the common businessman.

化粧。 あなたの心。 (vaporwave)– This is the last song in the track and stays true to the flow of the album. Its like a farewell to the album listener, it has slowed down slush wave transient rhythm to it. It will make you feel like you are listening to an ending of an incorruptible lifeforce.
What I liked about this album is that in parts of it they put in some advertisements of old commercials that really stays true to the feel of a vaporwave album. It does give the listen an amazing listening experience.

Lastly, I do know that they are currently selling vinyls right now at My Pet Flamingo so go get them while they last.
See ya later<3

Attachments

• a0627390562_10.jpg
    a0627390562_10.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,354