Video game shopping malls

naa

I really like the Galaxy Galleria Mall in Space Quest. It's cool seeing a retrofuturist interpretation of like, a shopping mall in a video game. The Yakuza series also has some really cool shopping centers or malls, usually modeled after real life ones.
galaxy galleria.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
something cool about the mall in tony hawk

If you pay close attention, you can see implications that the mall is dead or about to go out of business, with massive for sale signs, closed down shops, dull lighting, and the fact that its completely vacant despite the fact that its daytime when you eventually reach the courtyard.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLsF6yFEPDM&ab_channel=BenedictGameplays

In the recent remakes they double down on this, showing the mall as completely abandoned and falling into disrepair. the stage remains the same as the original in terms of gameplay but is now overgrown with plants and have a run-down look.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIGF1CPWcmw&ab_channel=BenedictGameplays

I really appreciate the detail they put into this level for the remake

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
若い頃に人気だったあるゲームを覚えています。それはブティックで買い物をすることでしたが、フードコートやアーケードなど、他にも訪れることができるお店がありました。モールはほとんどピンク色で、ネオンがたくさんありました。コンピューターで再生したことを覚えていますが、コンソールポートもあったと思います

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa
若い頃に人気だったあるゲームを覚えています。それはブティックで買い物をすることでしたが、フードコートやアーケードなど、他にも訪れることができるお店がありました。モールはほとんどピンク色で、ネオンがたくさんありました。コンピューターで再生したことを覚えていますが、コンソールポートもあったと思います
damn that sounds really cool, do you remember anything else? I kinda want to check that out now

Virtual Cafe Awards
  • Coffee (Like)
Reactions: naa

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
damn that sounds really cool, do you remember anything else? I kinda want to check that out now
私はそれについて他にあまり覚えていません。それは視点ゲームであり、その没入型グラフィックスと複雑な通貨システムでそれを賞賛したのはいくつかのゲーム雑誌にあったことを覚えています。

Virtual Cafe Awards

crimesagainsthumanity

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
i wonder if this counts but god i loved the sims 1 mall. as a kid who'd constantly used her uncle's pc, i played a lot of sims games (mostly sims 1-2). i don't truly remember there being any actual "malls" in sims 2, all the ones i do remember any mallesche lot were called "shopping centers", but the only actual mall i remember in any sims game was the landgraab mall.
LandgraabMallRoofUP.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deepwaterjew

Young prophet
Reaction score
Awards
cock nut mall, from mario kart, has good music

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
Hope this counts. Here's some photos I took of some Garry's Mod shopping mall maps for the liminal spaces thread.
https://forum.agoraroad.com/index.php?threads/liminal-spaces-thread.3365/post-12271
View album 11
When I saw these in the other thread, it took me a few moments to realize that I really was looking at something computer-generated. Although, I think that says less about gmod than it does about this type of design and architecture and use of lighting.

Virtual Cafe Awards