Video games "predictions" that haven't aged well

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
I got a Stadia... It worked really well. I thought it would be the future. Surely Google wouldn't just abandon it...

Still waiting on those refunds that were promised lol. I will say, tho - I was able to play Cyberpunk on it after it didn't work on the PS4, so I'm thankful for that.

Logo Tenor GIF by Google Stadia

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org

Vetusomaru

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
vetusomaru.dreamwidth.org
Surely Google wouldn't just abandon it...

Pink Fluffy Cat

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
- We will have smarter AI (It really doesn't lol, I think the NPC AI has peaked in 2000s and there's isn't really much improvement since then)
- Games will be more customizable and modding tools will be ubiquitous for every games (We head to a completely opposite direction instead for obvious reasons)
- Procedural generated contents are the future (Has become a meme and will likely stay so)
- The Chinese will dominate the market (Never happens thanks to Chairman Xi, I support Xi Jinping unironically, and I sincerely hope he can keep the throne forever)

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
I got a Stadia... It worked really well. I thought it would be the future. Surely Google wouldn't just abandon it...

Still waiting on those refunds that were promised lol. I will say, tho - I was able to play Cyberpunk on it after it didn't work on the PS4, so I'm thankful for that.

Logo Tenor GIF by Google Stadia
I'm extremely glad stadia didn't become the future. If all new games from that point on were held hostage by the cloud I probably would have just given up on new games and only played old games from then on

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
"The ps3 has no games"
While it was true at some point the ps3 had by far the best exclusives of that gen including demons and Fat Princess

PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif

On the other hand remember when the psp was supposed to kill nintendo?

pspwned.jpg
[/S
4Tdb0Uz.gif
POILER]
Interesting and relevant read
1680273143625583.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

greyetch

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
grwfoote.bandcamp.com
I'm extremely glad stadia didn't become the future. If all new games from that point on were held hostage by the cloud I probably would have just given up on new games and only played old games from then on
but aren't all digitally owned games being held hostage? Unless you have a physical copy.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
but aren't all digitally owned games being held hostage? Unless you have a physical copy.
not if you can download it and you don't need to go online in order to play it. You can still play Quake to this day, for example, but Battleforge would have been lost forever if fans hadn't gone through a lot of painstaking effort to create a server emulator

Virtual Cafe Awards

Boxerdog

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Sketch Relics

Quiet Traveller
Reaction score
Awards
Well, Nintendo still hasn't died, Armored Core 6 got a release date, Gone Home managed to fade into obscurity, there was some talk of a new Sega console at some point.

Virtual Cafe Awards

SolidStateSurvivor

This is Extremely Dangerous to Our Democracy
Reaction score
Awards
Website
youtuube.neocities.org
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards