[VST10] How to make Randy-Wave aka Vaporwave the Randy Way (3D BLAST)

This tutorial was written from /r/makingvaporwave's own VST series! This is VST 10 by 3D BLAST
a3698005209_10.jpeg

YOOOOOO it's ya boi Randy Kamrad aka 3D BLAST comin' at ya live with a fricken tutorial of how to make Randy-Wave aka Vaporwave the Randy Way.

If you don't know who I am then shame on you. I'm the American Ego, The Boy-King, The head honchkrow. I made a couple of subpar albums that people liked and it ended up on essential lists around the globe. Pioneer, Promise Girl, Pretty Hot EP, 3D: Die A Hero... I'm the guy that created these masterpieces.

Also I host a podcast that I can't seem to get the format down in any episode (the 3D CAST). Also I'm the dude in charge of those Comfort Zone remix compilations you might have seen pop up (Telepath, Floral Shoppe, Luxury Elite) where I make CRAZY CA$H off other people's hard work ( jk guys!).

Also yes my name comes from the Sonic game.

I don't know how to use >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk formatting correctly so HERE GOES!

STEP 1!:
You're gunna wanna use FL Studio because thats what heroes use. Frunk Ableton cuz that shit is for losers who discovered EDM when they were in highschool. FL is for losers who discovered EDM in middle school or earlier from Newgrounds.

Step 2: Steal a sample from youtube. This is vaporwave so find the craziest sample with the least amount of views or don't I could care less if the sample is overused as long as you flip it better than anyone else. The lesser known sample, the easier it is to come out on top. And it's all about coming out on top. If you ain't in it for the fame then get the beepin' flip outta here you sad teenager.

Try looking for 80's jams cuz thats what this whole thing is all about. Usually shit that has that 80's electronic sound. Cheesy as hell but rad and goofy.
a0976825195_10.jpeg

Step 3: This is where shit goes BONKERS. You're gunna wanna listen to the sample a bunch and get it in your head. Then you start using your brain like an MPC4000 and live remix the sample out loud using ancient beat box techniques (you can check me doing it live sometimes on https://twitch.tv/comfortzonelive gotta get the brand out there you know what I'm saying my guy?) Then you replicate those chops and cuts in the DAW (FL STOODIO [WHICH I NOW LEGALLY OWN])

Step 4: Pop in some drums. You're probably gunna hear about the generic Future Funk drums like Vengence but then you're gunna actually look them up and be like "OH I WANT THESE" so go "BUY" them and pitch them down for the VaPoR SoUnD.

Also you're allowed to use loops if its exactly what you're looking for but try not to limit yourself to that bullshit. Try to be original. I usually make stuff house-sounding or like hip-hop-ish I guess? I don't know, you tell me. IT'S RANDY WAVE

Step dad:
Next up is one of the most important parts. You're going to need to befriend a producer who's better than you and knows more about production than you. I spent a long time seeking out the next sensei for 3D-kun but was eventually stuck with Dan Mason which is not a bad choice but come on he's such a dork.

The dude eats hotdogs and slurps slurpees like get a life you chump. BUT once you have chosen your guru, just steal all his techniques and VST's and shit. I stole Dexxed from Dan and now I use it a ton. I also stole a bunch of Soundfonts from Floor Baba and do that shite too.

Step 6: Apply stolen synths and sounds to make original bass lines and lil synthy zingers or whatever. I used a ton of Sega Genesis bass samples and Kirby's Dreamland 3 Slap Bass. Use the beat box method to do little drafts of what it should sound like in your head. I think some people call this singing? I don't know...

Step 7: Remember all those dumb cartoons and video games you played years ago? Yeah look em up on youtube and download all the sound effects and use them as little drops or fills. Or make some cool vocal sample using clips from the old Powerstone anime.

Or actually don't do that cuz I already did poser.

Step 8: Use a highpass and low pass filter in every song.

Tech 9: Oh I forgot to mention earlier to pitch your sample down a few semi-tones to get that deep vapor feeling. Or put it up a few Semis for that disco house type sound.

Step 10: Go read other peoples tips on mastering and shit cuz I don't know jack about that. I kinda just mess around until it sounds "good". I don't know... Dan Mason "taught" me. Also I read other people's tutorials talking about Khz and frequency stuff. Some may say I actually have no idea what I'm doing. In fact, you may have gotten worse after this tutorial.

Step 11: Make music from the soul. Have a good time doing it. Fuck ambient and noise music. That stuff is for cry babies.

Thank you for enduring my teachings. If you wanna catch me doing this shite live then seriously go to Twitch.tv/comfortzoneline Sometimes I stream music stuff and FrankJavCee is on there sometimes so basically people come for him but I swear I'm funny enough for you. I'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns in the comments below! THANKS!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

• Pepsi (Enjoyment)
Reactions: naa