Wage Cuck Thread. Post Wage Cuck memes, experiences, news stories ect.

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Here's a haul of moar wage cuckery :antiUNFLag::drinkBleach::peepoCryDrink::Smadge:
1671574977731572.png
1671575265607145.jpg
1671577133035249.jpg
1671579294087853.jpg
1671579585297698.jpg
1671582872999887.jpg
1671584878871404.png
1671585370058870.jpg
1671604324494927.png
1671640523422837.jpg
1671750230192641.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

xX.majin_TwEeN.Xx

Staticbender
Reaction score
Awards
Website
humanraccoon.com
My job told me I'm not allowed to wear my jacket anymore because it's not "solid grey." The offered me a solution, which is to spend $35 on a company-approved jacket that has their logo on it.

It's supposed to snow soon, and I am not allowed to wear a jacket during my 9 hour daily shifts.

I'm feeling the slavery, boys. x_x

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

This is the most entitled thing I have seen all day. Holy shit!

Also, to get just a little more serious at the moment.

Has anyone else noticed that wagecuck culture is so ingrained that when you actually finally decide to leave wage slavery - either by becoming self-employed, or starting a company, or cutting down your hours and living more frugally - always, the response from everyone, including your friends, parents etc is always "this is a bad idea. What about your future???!!! You know that's risky, right!!??"

This makes me think that as a species we are too far gone. People aren't going to suddenly fix everything by "destroying capitalism", and government regulations aren't going to magically fix the problem either. Increasing the minimum wage isn't going to magically make people more able to enjoy their lives. We need major, societal attitude change. I don't even know if this is possible.

This is so depressing, I think working for a big company or someone else is very draining and not self-fulfilling, as outlined by everyone here. Is there a way around this? As a programmer, how easy is it to become independent? Make your own apps and post them? Make games and post them? I heard it's very hard but can someone give me a little hope?

If you want an honest answer, I also work as a programmer. I have worked on both Business software and Games. I found that working for large companies maintaining really shitty, barely functional codebases written by the cheapest pajeets they could find, is extremely draining. Especially when your job is supposed to be about solving problems as a programmer, and instead you're stuck digging through logs looking for why some number isn't being updated in a database because of some obscure bug in a system you have to interact with that barely works.

It absolutely sucks.

After working in that part of the industry for a few years, I left and decided to become a contractor. I was able to find work, however I had to take a Junior position or two, which I was probably overqualified for (it still paid almost the same as my previous job, though) working as part of a team of developers on a 6 months project. So far I have thoroughly enjoyed the contractor way of doing things. I can choose my own clients, so I don't have to work on ultra-shitty projects, and big businesses generally aren't interested in well-paid contractors (they either want full-time employees, or bottom of the barrel cheap contractors from India). I consider this an advantage, but the reality is it will be harder to find work. You will also be paid more and have more freedom. I was able to save a lot of money by living well under my means - my phone is cheap, I don't have any Netflix or other subscriptions, I generally live a pretty modest life - and this has allowed me to live quite comfortably between jobs. As I get more well-known around the industry, I should be able to charge more, and should be able to take more time off by choice rather than having long-stretches of 3-6 months between jobs. Overall though, I am quite happy with it. It's not for everyone - if you're the sort of person that likes a sort of lifestyle and couldn't go a week without getting paid, then contracting would just induce panic and would not be very beneficial for you. On the other hand, if you find money piling up in the bank but you're very time-poor considering all the things you want to actually do with your life, then this sort of arrangement is absolutely perfect. Why work to please a boss so you can ask for 3 weeks of vacation off a year when you can just take 6 months off in one go? Of course, you don't get paid time off, or anything like that, but overall I find it a much more empowering system.

DO NOT try to get ahead by making your own app, or a startup, or whatever. They are extremely unreliable. If you do want to create something cool, see it as a side project, do it when you can afford to do it, and treat it as a learning experience, not as a cash cow. If it goes well, you can replace your primary job with it. If not, you have at least worked on a fun project. The number of people I know who have "quit their job to make an awesome app idea" and ended up penniless is staggering. Especially when most "awesome software ideas" aren't really that awesome in the first place.

Last edited:

s0ren

who cares
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

I want this here in Canada. All the McDonalds in Toronto are staffed by what are effectively Bangladeshi slaves who barely speak English. The basics of it are that we have something called the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFW), which the government describes as "allowing Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary jobs when qualified Canadians are not available." It used to be primarily used to hire temporary workers for parts of the agricultural sector where basically no one wants to do the backbreaking labour required, but now they let Tim Hortons and McDonalds use it to fill their staff lists as well. They put out terrible job offers and then say that no one wanted to do it, so we have to bring in a TFW to do it. It's basically a scam to suppress the equilibrium of the wage curve and not have to offer better pay and benefits for Canadians to actually do these jobs. Beyond that though, it's really sad for the people who come here as part of the program. I used to smoke with this Punjabi guy who came over for it, they are basically sold lies, treated like slaves here (even living in terrible overcrammed employee housing), and then thrown out of the country when they are done with them.

On topic with this thread, this program also basically stops many Canadians from even being able to get a minimum wage job. They go out of their way to deter local people from doing the jobs so that they can pay a TFW below minimum wage and work them like a dog.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Orlando Smooth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

That's pretty dystopian, but it's still cool as fuck and honestly I'd prefer that. I do think it's funny when people freak out over stuff like this. Nobody wants these kinds of jobs, and even fewer people think they're good jobs. It would be a theoretical ideal to eliminate these kinds of shitty jobs so that more people could work jobs/professions that are more beneficial to themselves and society as a whole than being a fucking wagie at McChemicals - of course it'll be generations until anything like this is achieved and there will be a lot of pain in the meantime, but still.

Virtual Cafe Awards

manpaint

̴̘̈́ ̵̲̾ ̸̯̎ ̴͓̀ ̸̳͝ ̸͈͑ ̴̡̋ ̸̞̂ ̴̰̚ ̵̨̔ ̸̭̎
Gold
Reaction score
Awards
Website
manpaint.neocities.org

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I want this here in Canada. All the McDonalds in Toronto are staffed by what are effectively Bangladeshi slaves who barely speak English. The basics of it are that we have something called the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFW), which the government describes as "allowing Canadian employers to hire foreign workers to fill temporary jobs when qualified Canadians are not available." It used to be primarily used to hire temporary workers for parts of the agricultural sector where basically no one wants to do the backbreaking labour required, but now they let Tim Hortons and McDonalds use it to fill their staff lists as well. They put out terrible job offers and then say that no one wanted to do it, so we have to bring in a TFW to do it. It's basically a scam to suppress the equilibrium of the wage curve and not have to offer better pay and benefits for Canadians to actually do these jobs. Beyond that though, it's really sad for the people who come here as part of the program. I used to smoke with this Punjabi guy who came over for it, they are basically sold lies, treated like slaves here (even living in terrible overcrammed employee housing), and then thrown out of the country when they are done with them.

On topic with this thread, this program also basically stops many Canadians from even being able to get a minimum wage job. They go out of their way to deter local people from doing the jobs so that they can pay a TFW below minimum wage and work them like a dog.
Finding a Tim's not staffed by overworked Indians in Toronto is like finding Atlantis. It feels just like being in the gulf countries people keep seething about, except there you get Filipinos sprinkled in too.

Virtual Cafe Awards

remember_summer_days

It ain't Jesus or the devil. It's Jesus or you.
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards