Wage Cuck Thread. Post Wage Cuck memes, experiences, news stories ect.

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
View attachment 54461

Common Nate W To be honest
Man Body GIF
If only they would've used more formal language and called him by his surname I would've actually believed this one, lol. Almost got me though.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Blockhead

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm a bartender so there is a certain level of insanity and shitiness to the job that is like some of the wagecuckery but the money is also pretty decent and I get to eat for free and drink on the job (within reason). I do however have crazy stories about throwing out crazy homeless people, breaking up barfights, kicking a man out the front door who refused to leave after I cut him off (and subsequently knocking him out from how hard I kicked him), pounding down the bathroom door because a homelss guy was smoking crack in it, almost getting into a fistfight with a cross dressing schizophrenic homeless guy who threatened to cut my head off and skull fuck me because I wouldn't buy him a pizza, and probably many other retarded stories I can't recall. It's an exhausting job but it does yield itself to some stories

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
Virtual Cafe Awards
I wish the government hadn't prioritized capital over the worker. Its the worker that makes sure that everything gets done. What happens when people are at their wits end and unable to afford basic things to live? The problem with the inflationary wages is that inflation evaporates the value of your labor, something that should never happen in a rational world. Your wages should never lower because theres more stuff, or more money going around. Its still the same labor. Capital tries to scrape every single last cent out of workers but the game cant carry on forever. AI is the last hope of keeping some status quo. What happens when people's job start getting automated away? They still have things they need but no longer have an income to get those things.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Gross.

That's not even a pizza. That's a microwavable "pizza in a bag" type deal.

I would feel insulted being given one of these any day, let alone my birthday.

I wish the government hadn't prioritized capital over the worker. Its the worker that makes sure that everything gets done. What happens when people are at their wits end and unable to afford basic things to live? The problem with the inflationary wages is that inflation evaporates the value of your labor, something that should never happen in a rational world. Your wages should never lower because theres more stuff, or more money going around. Its still the same labor. Capital tries to scrape every single last cent out of workers but the game cant carry on forever. AI is the last hope of keeping some status quo. What happens when people's job start getting automated away? They still have things they need but no longer have an income to get those things.

There is hope.

Working for yourself is essentially immune to inflation, as you can simply increase the cost of your services. As long as you're mainly contracting for corporations (who largely benefit from inflation), rather than individuals, they should be able to afford to pay your higher fees especially given that higher prices are an expectation under inflation.

The way I see it, a lot of people are essentially coasting. They got their 9-5, they don't like it, but they don't hate it enough to actively look for something better, or to consider the risk of starting their own business worth it. As things get worse and worse for them, hopefully this lights a fire under enough asses that we start to see more and more people getting fed up, leaving, and starting their own businesses, which should essentially collapse the monolithic business market.

Of course, the question is "if they can barely afford to live, how can they afford to start a company?". There's a few good answer to this. Firstly, there are plenty of businesses that can be started with no capital (I started my software business with $200 to my name) because the product is selling a skill/labor rather than a product (which is still different to being an employee because you retain control of your rates and working conditions), and secondly, the idea that people are "too poor to live" is somewhat of a myth. People have no money left AFTER they buy their Netflix subscriptions, fast food deliveries, and luxury items. People who have a set goal, who save specifically for it, generally do fine, even with a terrible-paying job, as long as they aren't living above their means. America especially, when you look at the statistics, is spending more and more per year on luxuries and convenience, while complaining that there's no money. It's baffling to me how an entire country can be so delusional.

mydadiscar

Webcomics! Banzai!
Reaction score
Awards
Gross.

That's not even a pizza. That's a microwavable "pizza in a bag" type deal.

I would feel insulted being given one of these any day, let alone my birthday.
People identified it as a Chicago Town pizza. I've had one before, literally bottom of the barrel frozen pizza, he should have felt insulted.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Voicedrew

Take the monarchy pill anon
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
voicedrew.xyz
I worked over the summer as a "gardener".

My job was primarily to guard an empty field with another person and call the police if a homeless person ever trespassed on the property. It was utterly maddening.

Virtual Cafe Awards

splashy

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
splashy.neocities.org
>be me
>16
>had to do wagecuck experience for school
>legally required
>working hours are normal school hours
>minimum pay is $5 AUD
a day
>mfw i had to do wagie experience and get paid $5 a day as a wage
only could've been worse if we got $0 lmfao

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    335.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Jade

Shameless Germaniboo
Reaction score
Awards
Website
idelides.xyz
also guys how do i make the greentext an actual greentext
on the reply box click the button that looks like a pallet which says "text color" when you hover over it. Set the sentences you want to the appropriate shade of green, and there you go.

Virtual Cafe Awards

InsufferableCynic

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
>be me
>16
>legally required
>minimum pay is $5 AUD
a day

Back when I did it in year 10 it was for $0 a day.

$5 is ludicrous, Australian schools need to stop this scam slavery campaign

Eden

Did You Get My Message?
Reaction score
Awards
Website
foreverliketh.is
>Wagie, wagie, get in cagie,
>Boss needs help! Don't be lazy!
>Zero breaks will make you crazy?
>I'll tell the guards to get their tazie.

>Need to get those new iPhones,
>Gotta pay those student loans.
>Work your fingers to the bones,
>Bosses need vacation homes.

>Don't trust unions, vote in pairs,
>Buy all of boss's consumer wares.
>We'll stay seated in our chairs,
>And make our bosses millionaires.

>Love your work! Love the pain!
>Feel the life drain from your brain.
>Think of all you have to gain,
>As your dreams go down the drain.

>Come on wagie, join the crew
>Don't you want your wages too?
>And if the bossman makes you blue,
>You deserve it. You're a screw.

>Weekend comes round after ages,
>You can come collect your wages.
>Throw your parties, have your rages,
>Then get back into your cages.

-anon

TGIF, homies.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Dolfin

Cetacean Sensation
Reaction score
Awards
>be me
>16
>legally required
>minimum pay is $5 AUD
a day
Back when I did it in year 10 it was for $0 a day.

$5 is ludicrous, Australian schools need to stop this scam slavery campaign
Greetings from Eagleland. Customer service/retail/general customer-facing workers here have, in exasperated moments, floated the idea of making one to two years of their type of work mandatory for US citizens (I've heard a variation with an even split between food service and retail) with the intention of being treated better. Based on your posts and two minutes of web searching, sounds like you're living their dream. Has this experience softened your heart towards people of wage?

Virtual Cafe Awards