Wagie Vent Thread

It's been a long day. Boss sucks, job sucks, life sucks, I know. It's over for today.

Sit back, relax; you're among friends.

How was today?

ryan gosling night GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

reynad5150

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I sympathize with this. Currently packing for a field training exercise with my natty guard unit. I just want a weekend to myself after working 60 hours a week.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
So my thoughts on this are i have to work. I dont want to but money. And even without the factor money, l was able to quit working and live off of savings because of burnout, good good money easy work shit job becuse it wasnt what i wanted to be doing and i let it control my life to where i just worked 6 days a week two different jobs and I missed out on alot of things with my friends because i was not comfortable with setting boundaries for work and allowing myself time to live. In fact i believed that work was living plus money. I digressed a bit but the point is i let work become my life and i had a nervous breakdown and quit, lived without working on purpose. It got boring, i had no hobbies because work stopped me from any other activity so i found that i need work in a way that provides purpose and when needed money. So yeah enjoy your job but dont take it home your coworkers aren't your family unless they are actually your family then disregard this. But most importantly if you dont like a job get a new one if thats not an option do what you need to enjoy what has to be done.

TLDR
Drink your daliy requirement of water and take all your shits at work use all time off given sick and vaction dont work a second without pay most importantly DONT work on your birthday call it off every year in January. December if your bday is january.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

NeoTokyo Tempo

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Today, someone asked me if there was any fat free Kraft Singles. We walked over to the Singles and he said "I don't see any fat free". I told him "That's because there aren't any"; as if he couldn't figure that out himself. I also had a lady ask me over the phone about frozen blueberries. We also didn't have any. She then told me she has been in many times and they weren't there, as if I give a shit. She asked me like 20 other questions after that; stuff like "Can you get any in", and "who should I talk to". If you haven't seen them in a month, what makes you think I can just get them to show up? The reason we don't have them is because we CAN'T get them. If the warehouse doesn't have them, we don't have them. There have been massive supply chain issues for months and people just think you have their brand in back. We don't have shit. The warehouse doesn't have shit either. They should've figured this out after a couple months of this happening at every store in town.

If you ever want to lose faith in humanity, work at retail. Everyone who ever asks you anything is always the most entitled, smoothbrained monkey you will ever meet. I get people in who think I'm an expert on the products we sell. I got a call one time about orange juice. The lady wanted to know if her juice was still good because the expiration date was still months out. I asked her what brand it was. When she told me, I said we don't sell that. She goes "I know, I bought it at another store". Why did you call my store then, and why do you think we would know more about orange juice then you do? All we do is put it on a shelf. Google it.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shiftycomfort

Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Today, someone asked me if there was any fat free Kraft Singles. We walked over to the Singles and he said "I don't see any fat free". I told him "That's because there aren't any"; as if he couldn't figure that out himself. I also had a lady ask me over the phone about frozen blueberries. We also didn't have any. She then told me she has been in many times and they weren't there, as if I give a shit. She asked me like 20 other questions after that; stuff like "Can you get any in", and "who should I talk to". If you haven't seen them in a month, what makes you think I can just get them to show up? The reason we don't have them is because we CAN'T get them. If the warehouse doesn't have them, we don't have them. There have been massive supply chain issues for months and people just think you have their brand in back. We don't have shit. The warehouse doesn't have shit either. They should've figured this out after a couple months of this happening at every store in town.

If you ever want to lose faith in humanity, work at retail. Everyone who ever asks you anything is always the most entitled, smoothbrained monkey you will ever meet. I get people in who think I'm an expert on the products we sell. I got a call one time about orange juice. The lady wanted to know if her juice was still good because the expiration date was still months out. I asked her what brand it was. When she told me, I said we don't sell that. She goes "I know, I bought it at another store". Why did you call my store then, and why do you think we would know more about orange juice then you do? All we do is put it on a shelf. Google it.
oh man my experience in fine dinning is very simalar, had a boss tell me after i wondered aloud how the fuck is that dude a doctor, he said when people are in a situation where they are being catered to, retail, restrant, they brains turn off and want to be coddled like children. no joke, people are complex and stupid at the same time. great rant tho! i got a lot of that in the resturant like no we dont have that i said the fish is sold out when i took your app order, or no its not on the menu because we dont make that, or its not its not hidding in the walkin some were, or you want a hamburger sir this is a chinesee resturant we don't have bread but yes i can see if they will go get sweet potato from the store....

Virtual Cafe Awards

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
People used to call for takeout and delivery asking for food to be undercooked in a place I worked, then get irritated that not only could we not do that, it actually wasn't possible because the food ran through a conveyor belt type of oven. They would also steal from the more naive drivers who would give them the order before receiving payment, then proceed to have the door shut in their face. The driver had to pay for the order instead. Managers were spineless and would give customers free food because of complaints like "My chicken bowl had more wings than legs," even if it was a delivery, which meant driving all the way back to give someone something for free without tip for under min. wage, and get there to meet the customer commenting that the food was "disgusting," and reveal an entirely eaten "disgusting" pizza as they received the second free one. Oh, but there'd be one slice left, and they'd tell me to take it back to the restaurant.

Also those annoying online surveys, url's usually on the receipts? People actually go home and waste time to fill those out. Worked in retail for a few months as backroom, but still was on the floor enough to be harassed by customers who were absolutely passive aggressive (e.g.: "That's the last of our stock for that item, there aren't any others." "No, you DO have my size in the back, go and get it for me.") Every time I had a customer interaction like this, the following morning during our little employee huddle the manager would bring up that "bad reviews" came in from the previous day. As if I gave a fuck.

Can't say those experiences improved my worldview, and I stay well away from any job that means interacting cumsoomers.

Virtual Cafe Awards
People used to call for takeout and delivery asking for food to be undercooked in a place I worked, then get irritated that not only could we not do that, it actually wasn't possible because the food ran through a conveyor belt type of oven. They would also steal from the more naive drivers who would give them the order before receiving payment, then proceed to have the door shut in their face. The driver had to pay for the order instead. Managers were spineless and would give customers free food because of complaints like "My chicken bowl had more wings than legs," even if it was a delivery, which meant driving all the way back to give someone something for free without tip for under min. wage, and get there to meet the customer commenting that the food was "disgusting," and reveal an entirely eaten "disgusting" pizza as they received the second free one. Oh, but there'd be one slice left, and they'd tell me to take it back to the restaurant.

Also those annoying online surveys, url's usually on the receipts? People actually go home and waste time to fill those out. Worked in retail for a few months as backroom, but still was on the floor enough to be harassed by customers who were absolutely passive aggressive (e.g.: "That's the last of our stock for that item, there aren't any others." "No, you DO have my size in the back, go and get it for me.") Every time I had a customer interaction like this, the following morning during our little employee huddle the manager would bring up that "bad reviews" came in from the previous day. As if I gave a fuck.

Can't say those experiences improved my worldview, and I stay well away from any job that means interacting cumsoomers.
If it says "customer service" anywhere near a job description, it's gonna suck hard. At least, that's been my experience. Food is the worst though. Nothing but a bunch of drunk angry people most times.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Slym Dayspring

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Throughout the pandemic I've kind of been coasting through my job on medium/low effort. Now I am starting a new project with some higher expectations and I have no idea what to do.

Virtual Cafe Awards
A job is a temporary inconvenience to get rent money while you're young. Work on what really matters in your free time and that should eventually sustain you. In my view, if you're still punching the clock, not self-employed/NEET by middle-age, you've made some serious mistakes in your long-term planning.

Virtual Cafe Awards
A job is a temporary inconvenience to get rent money while you're young. Work on what really matters in your free time and that should eventually sustain you. In my view, if you're still punching the clock, not self-employed/NEET by middle-age, you've made some serious mistakes in your long-term planning.

Virtual Cafe Awards

shae

satanic mechanic
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
i work at a garage. i am the only female who works at the garage. i don't identify as a woman but it seems like my sex is my only defining characteristic at work. nobody cares if i do well or if i'm funny or sociable or smart, just that i'm female. i left a job i truly enjoyed for this one, just to make 50 cents an hour more and i regret the decision.

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
i work at a garage. i am the only female who works at the garage. i don't identify as a woman but it seems like my sex is my only defining characteristic at work. nobody cares if i do well or if i'm funny or sociable or smart, just that i'm female. i left a job i truly enjoyed for this one, just to make 50 cents an hour more and i regret the decision.
Sorry to hear that, where did you work at before?

Virtual Cafe Awards

shae

satanic mechanic
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry to hear that, where did you work at before?
i worked in-home with a girl with developmental disabilities. it was by far the most rewarding job i've ever had. totally unsustainable though unfortunately.

Virtual Cafe Awards

1980Miami

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have a mediocre WFH job for a small ad company. It's fine but it's just really frustrating that by being focused and meeting deadlines, I've marked myself as the person to assign every task to. Our department head just bombards me with assignments and my peers who have been at the company for years ask me for help. I essentially have two or three unofficial titles in addition to what I got hired for with no raise. I have an interview for a different job Tuesday thank God

Virtual Cafe Awards
I have a mediocre WFH job for a small ad company. It's fine but it's just really frustrating that by being focused and meeting deadlines, I've marked myself as the person to assign every task to. Our department head just bombards me with assignments and my peers who have been at the company for years ask me for help. I essentially have two or three unofficial titles in addition to what I got hired for with no raise. I have an interview for a different job Tuesday thank God
I hope you land the new job!

Virtual Cafe Awards
With as much as you are doing at that job you definitely deserve a higher pay and more money. In school we were told to bail after a year. Once our year is up we need to bail.

Virtual Cafe Awards