Wallstreetbets blowing up Gamestop Stock is the funniest shit ive seen in awhile

BruceWizard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
it would be dope if they saw it as an act of god and became stronger out of this financial trolling. Historical precedent might mean it still fails, but then again Ford is still around after getting bailed out. In a perfect Vaporwave world they would become a blockbuster and give us all the nostalgia we desire.
If only
:MedTime:

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
called it, didn't I?

What are you talking about lol? you were just ranting about >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and simping for hedgefunds. Besides, GME stock price is going down because of trading platforms are restricting buy trades and their just giving themselves more length of rope.

Oh and DIAMOND hands baby
Wall Street Stocks GIF by Cavan Infante

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

What are you talking about lol? you were just ranting about >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and simping for hedgefunds. Besides, GME stock price is going down because of trading platforms are restricting buy trades and their just giving themselves more length of rope.

Oh and DIAMOND hands baby
Wall Street Stocks GIF by Cavan Infante
read the thread again. I told you this whole fiasco would in the end hurt nobody except gamestop

kliffi

Yung Jinjo
Reaction score
Awards
read the thread again. I told you this whole fiasco would in the end hurt nobody except gamestop
gamestop is fine, their stock is still more valuable than when this all started and it's steadily rising now that trading is open. all the press from this will also certainly boost their Q1 sales.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

gamestop is fine, their stock is still more valuable than when this all started and it's steadily rising now that trading is open. all the press from this will also certainly boost their Q1 sales.
sales of what? this fiasco is suddenly going to make the have products people want to buy?

kliffi

Yung Jinjo
Reaction score
Awards
sales of what? this fiasco is suddenly going to make the have products people want to buy?
that's how marketing works. Any press is good press, and brand awareness for Gamestop is very high right now. Any company that is short squeezed (like Volkswagen was a few years ago) will go through a "spotlight" period where investors are looking to see how a company responds to the play on their stock. Whether or not Gamestop can market to the press after this is the real question.

Also, like I said before, Gamestop does have products people want to buy like Switches, Xboxes and PS5s; their 2021 holiday sales were best in years. I think GME is poised to market more aggressively if they can leverage the meme.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

that's how marketing works. Any press is good press, and brand awareness for Gamestop is very high right now. Any company that is short squeezed (like Volkswagen was a few years ago) will go through a "spotlight" period where investors are looking to see how a company responds to the play on their stock. Whether or not Gamestop can market to the press after this is the real question.

Also, like I said before, Gamestop does have products people want to buy like Switches, Xboxes and PS5s; their 2021 holiday sales were best in years. I think GME is poised to market more aggressively if they can leverage the meme.
people buy those things from amazon and best buy, typically. gamestop is a niche, specialty store.

while they do get some business of course, gaming sees much bigger movement from big box stores

it's how the world is now

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards