Wallstreetbets blowing up Gamestop Stock is the funniest shit ive seen in awhile

Reaction score
Awards
because it's not hurting individual hedge fun managers, it's hurting hedge fund COMAPNIES. Companies that have wealthy CEOs and upper management, but also employ middle class people and lower as well. IT people, janitors, accountants, customer service, etc.

how do you think they will be affected by person writing their paychecks losing money
I would say that it Is ironic that short positions are capitalizing on a company failing and people losing their jobs, but then people invest in a struggling company thus exploiting the short positions vulnerability to benevolent investing and in turn lose jobs because you're a company capitalizing on job loss.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

I would say that it Is ironic that short positions are capitalizing on a company failing and people losing their jobs, but then people invest in a struggling company thus exploiting the short positions vulnerability to benevolent investing and in turn lose jobs because you're a company capitalizing on job loss.

there's nothing wrong with capitalizing on mistakes someone else made. that's evolution. gamestop didn't care about it's companies/employees, why should a hedge fund company?

IlluminatiPirate

The Dreaded Pirate of Agora Road
Reaction score
Awards
there's nothing wrong with capitalizing on mistakes someone else made. that's evolution. gamestop didn't care about it's companies/employees, why should a hedge fund company?
Then why do you care about the hedgefund mistakes? You just contradicted yourself:CRYLAUGH::CRYLAUGH:

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Then why do you care about the hedgefund mistakes? You just contradicted yourself:CRYLAUGH::CRYLAUGH:
i don't care about hedge fund mistakes (they didn't make any), I care about idiots pretending they're serving some imaginary injustice while obliterating the lower middle class people who work for gamestop

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
i don't care about hedge fund mistakes (they didn't make any), I care about idiots pretending they're serving some imaginary injustice while obliterating the lower middle class people who work for gamestop
Wrong again...

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Wrong again...
not in the slightest.

the hedge fund companies lost/suffered nothing. gamestop is now sitting on the skin of a financial bubble...already explained this. what do you think will happen when it bursts? who will be affected? the gamestop uppers will sell off, get severance, etc, the workers who run the stores will be fired

left wing politicians are now calling this "financial insurrection" and are now investigating >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and other internet avenues of speech/communication. is that what you wanted? tighter regulations on common people trying to participate in the stock market? restrictions of free speech on the internet?

shortsighted/delusional

Last edited by a moderator:

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
not in the slightest.

the hedge fund companies lost/suffered nothing. gamestop is now sitting on the skin of a financial bubble...already explained this. what do you think will happen when it bursts? who will be affected? the gamestop uppers will sell off, get severance, etc, the workers who run the stores will be fired

left wing politicians are now calling this "financial insurrection" and are now investigating >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk and other internet avenues of speech/communication. is that what you wanted? tighter regulations on common people trying to participate in the stock market? restrictions of free speech on the internet?

shortsighted/delusional
Hedgefunds lost billions already.

Sounds to me you're just scared of fighting the elites because of the consequences.

If you know the answer they how do we stop this corruption?

Virtual Cafe Awards

IlluminatiPirate

Reaction score
Awards
This is copypasta from wallstreetbets
For anyone watching the situation on GME, please also consider these relevant points and taking the relevant actions:
  1. :Cokebaka: Big money is MORTIFIED and the retaliation is completely unprecedented: coordinated attacks, willingness to risk prison over financial loss, concealing data, etc. They're shaking because we're holding GME. Despite any other lack of information available, this may be the best signal for why you should hold. Period.
  2. :PepsiDog: After the massive GME rise, there was a LOT of bot activity trying to distract, dissuade, etc. They're poisoning the well, and it's difficult to know what can be trusted and what can't. The one thing we DEFINITELY know, however, is that all of those attacks are being done to make us sell GME and spin the narrative that the complicit agents are victims / good guys.
  3. PepSiDawgwitcan Robinhood + Citadel are trying to spin a BS narrative. If your institution can't afford something, shut everything down equally and go bankrupt. Choosing a specific stock to shut down is perhaps the most egregiously corrupt action ever taken in the market (which is saying A LOT). YOU weren't allowed to buy when major funds were, especially at CRITICAL times with CRITICAL buying opportunities to protect Citadel + big money and it collectively cost us tens of billions in lost opportunity. They're being sued, and rightfully so, but laws need to change to ruthlessly punish them NOW. Contact your representatives, SEC, etc. if you haven't already.
  4. :EmmaLambida: Hedges might lie about their short positions, or restrict visibility as much as possible. They can break laws and face negligible fees by comparison to the rest of what they stand to lose. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume they might do this among many other PR stunts to terrify you. Keep updated. Someone pointed out that iborrowdesk is no longer reporting on updated gme because, again, the legal consequences don't matter enough and they're protecting their interests. Refer to #1.
  5. :CoolKong:We don't know WHEN short positions will be covered, only the math that requires them to cover as we move forward. So if they delay and everyone gives in, they could save a lot of money. However, the longer they delay, the more they have to pay. So it's a matter of whether or not they double down and face higher risk/reward or not. Be prepared to WAIT.
  6. :Reportinggirl: If you set visible limits, the hedge funds can use this data to their advantage and potentially have attack vectors against us. However, if you don't set limits, you might miss out on major trading spikes when they happen. The selfless act is to avoid low limits, but the ultimate goal is to distribute wealth to the people so take if you're the people who need it.
  7. :YouMadeMeCry: If you're angry at Robinhood, move accounts AFTER this is over so that you're not frozen. Then consider moving to SoFi, since Chamath is perhaps the one major CEO that's on our side here and is offering probably the best alternative.
  8. :BurgerTime: If you're angry at Google for removing negative Robinhood accounts, use Ecosia instead. They're just as user friendly, effective, and they give 80% of their profits to green energy and planting trees. Google will lose hundreds or thousands of dollars per year from your ad revenue and data collection.
  9. :MaximLove: Join a class action lawsuit against Robinhood to leverage the losses from the day you couldn't buy GME. Document evidence of owning GME (it will be in your Robinhood history), or any intent of it such as on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk about your intent to buy stocks before they locked trading. If you owned a lot, you should join as a Named Class Representative for outcomes specific to you. These are civil cases to redistribute wealth back to you, and could be significant. Only sign up in one class action suit or it could be considered fraud. Details are still coming.
  10. :MachoMan: It's hard to anticipate what other stunts will be pulled to try to screw us over. Contact your representatives, particularly those in finance committees and demand REAL consequences for this criminal behavior. This matters.
You're welcome to exchange this info freely if you find it useful. I am not a financial advisor, yadda yadda, you know the drill.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Hedgefunds lost billions already.

Sounds to me you're just scared of fighting the elites because of the consequences.

If you know the answer they how do we stop this corruption?
the hedgefunds lost nothing in the long run. you have no idea how finance works on that scale, do you? as I already pointed out, the bolsheviks like Eliabeth Warren are already talking about "repairing the damage done" and investigating places like >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk to prevent it from happening again. this means bailouts, this means shutting down the ability of normal people interacting in the stock market

I'm not scared of fighting elites. quite the opposite, I'm saying this did nothing to fight or do anything to the elites at all. ultimately, you just empowered them, and gave them an excuse/reason to exert more power over you. by doing this, you have not only done nothing to affect them, you've essentially allowed them to tighten the noose on internet communication. good luck overthrowing the elites without communication lol. you have no idea how revolutions work lol. read some history dude, giving your enemy more power/territory is not an effective way to fight. This is so beneficial to the elites, with no downside, that it looks like they might have set this whole thing up to get you to destroy yourself.

shortsighted/ignorant/naive

what corruption are you trying to stop? I thought we were talking about hedge funds and such, but we can talk about right wing reclamation/response to leftist oppression if you'd like, though, maybe a new thread would be required.

Deleted member 1930

This is copypasta from wallstreetbets
For anyone watching the situation on GME, please also consider these relevant points and taking the relevant actions:
  1. :Cokebaka: Big money is MORTIFIED and the retaliation is completely unprecedented: coordinated attacks, willingness to risk prison over financial loss, concealing data, etc. They're shaking because we're holding GME. Despite any other lack of information available, this may be the best signal for why you should hold. Period.
  2. :PepsiDog: After the massive GME rise, there was a LOT of bot activity trying to distract, dissuade, etc. They're poisoning the well, and it's difficult to know what can be trusted and what can't. The one thing we DEFINITELY know, however, is that all of those attacks are being done to make us sell GME and spin the narrative that the complicit agents are victims / good guys.
  3. PepSiDawgwitcan Robinhood + Citadel are trying to spin a BS narrative. If your institution can't afford something, shut everything down equally and go bankrupt. Choosing a specific stock to shut down is perhaps the most egregiously corrupt action ever taken in the market (which is saying A LOT). YOU weren't allowed to buy when major funds were, especially at CRITICAL times with CRITICAL buying opportunities to protect Citadel + big money and it collectively cost us tens of billions in lost opportunity. They're being sued, and rightfully so, but laws need to change to ruthlessly punish them NOW. Contact your representatives, SEC, etc. if you haven't already.
  4. :EmmaLambida: Hedges might lie about their short positions, or restrict visibility as much as possible. They can break laws and face negligible fees by comparison to the rest of what they stand to lose. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume they might do this among many other PR stunts to terrify you. Keep updated. Someone pointed out that iborrowdesk is no longer reporting on updated gme because, again, the legal consequences don't matter enough and they're protecting their interests. Refer to #1.
  5. :CoolKong:We don't know WHEN short positions will be covered, only the math that requires them to cover as we move forward. So if they delay and everyone gives in, they could save a lot of money. However, the longer they delay, the more they have to pay. So it's a matter of whether or not they double down and face higher risk/reward or not. Be prepared to WAIT.
  6. :Reportinggirl: If you set visible limits, the hedge funds can use this data to their advantage and potentially have attack vectors against us. However, if you don't set limits, you might miss out on major trading spikes when they happen. The selfless act is to avoid low limits, but the ultimate goal is to distribute wealth to the people so take if you're the people who need it.
  7. :YouMadeMeCry: If you're angry at Robinhood, move accounts AFTER this is over so that you're not frozen. Then consider moving to SoFi, since Chamath is perhaps the one major CEO that's on our side here and is offering probably the best alternative.
  8. :BurgerTime: If you're angry at Google for removing negative Robinhood accounts, use Ecosia instead. They're just as user friendly, effective, and they give 80% of their profits to green energy and planting trees. Google will lose hundreds or thousands of dollars per year from your ad revenue and data collection.
  9. :MaximLove: Join a class action lawsuit against Robinhood to leverage the losses from the day you couldn't buy GME. Document evidence of owning GME (it will be in your Robinhood history), or any intent of it such as on >redditcostanzayeahrightsmirk about your intent to buy stocks before they locked trading. If you owned a lot, you should join as a Named Class Representative for outcomes specific to you. These are civil cases to redistribute wealth back to you, and could be significant. Only sign up in one class action suit or it could be considered fraud. Details are still coming.
  10. :MachoMan: It's hard to anticipate what other stunts will be pulled to try to screw us over. Contact your representatives, particularly those in finance committees and demand REAL consequences for this criminal behavior. This matters.
You're welcome to exchange this info freely if you find it useful. I am not a financial advisor, yadda yadda, you know the drill.
how much do the sino-soviets pay you to post this?

Reaction score
Awards
Well this thread went south quick

the dude your opinion GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
in what world is nazis being repugnant shitstains an "opinion"?

lauhing at the holocaust and holodomor....smh, kids these days.
Your Strawman Arguments point to the logical fallacy that riddle your rational thinking and therefore it is frivolous to debate this subject further.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

Your Strawman Arguments point to the logical fallacy that riddle your rational thinking and therefore it is frivolous to debate this subject further.
if you don't know what phrases like "strawman" or "logical fallacy" mean, it's best not to use them. it just makes you look bad

BruceWizard

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Is the blow to some hedge fund managers really going to put the nail in the coffin for Gamestop employees? I feel like life as a Gamestop employee was already bad enough so i mean when the higher ups at Gamestop take a hit from the bubble bursting I imagine Gamestop would just be going back to business as usual as a shitty company with a low stock price as opposed too a a shitty company with a high stock price. In the end I think the people betting against the market were the only ones to lose aside from future investors if regulation for this gets out of control in favor of big traders.
monkahhm

Reaction score
Awards
Is the blow to some hedge fund managers really going to put the nail in the coffin for Gamestop employees? I feel like life as a Gamestop employee was already bad enough so i mean when the higher ups at Gamestop take a hit from the bubble bursting I imagine Gamestop would just be going back to business as usual as a shitty company with a low stock price as opposed too a a shitty company with a high stock price. In the end I think the people betting against the market were the only ones to lose aside from future investors if regulation for this gets out of control in favor of big traders.
monkahhm
it would be dope if they saw it as an act of god and became stronger out of this financial trolling. Historical precedent might mean it still fails, but then again Ford is still around after getting bailed out. In a perfect Vaporwave world they would become a blockbuster and give us all the nostalgia we desire.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 1930

monkahhm
yes, it will.

gamestop's issues are the same with a lot of chain retail stores. it's not hedge funds or banks, it's simply an outdated and over-inflated business model.

this money infusion will not cause any sort of change in gamestop's corporate policy or business model.