Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
Virtual Cafe Awards
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/western-leaders-privately-admit-ukraine-cant-win-war

Ruh Roh

The point isn't to just defeat Ukraine, but to demilitarize them to the point where NATO can't rearm them for a second much more dangerous fight. Could you imagine a rearmed, resupplied Ukraine with top of the line western weapons?! They'd march right into Moscow assuming western funds and economies survive the war expenditures and high energy prices.

Zelnskaya can take the political loss and withdraw from bakhmut or watch all the Ukrainians troops in bakhmut get neutralized. One option means they are able to fight tomorrow, the other means they lose valuable and scarce units over a political stunt. There's only one good move.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
9e2190f28082b0e952dcf2ee8360786a214d8369b3d79e4d99045e902cd6b01e.jpg

Mikhail Abdalkin, a deputy of the parliament of the Samara region from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, was charged with discrediting the Russian army because of a video in which he watches a message from President Vladimir Putin with noodles on his ears. The case against the communist will be considered on March 7."

Virtual Cafe Awards

Andy Kaufman

i know
Reaction score
Awards
this is how I browse agora road btw

Virtual Cafe Awards
I don't get it. How is wearing Noodles discrediting the Russian forces. Seems like they're looking for an excuse and this was the best they could find.

It probably means something in Russian culture. Maybe something like his brain is melting while watching Putin. Who really knows. Not me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Putin's done this shit before.

He always tries to act like some 'macho tough guy' but the second people start making fun of him he turns into a whiny bitch.
Well that's just lame. I get wanting to clamp down on unfavorable news about the war.

But I'm not so sure if making fun of Putin while in Russia is such a wise move. The man operates as near King of Russia. On the other hand my viewpoint is from the west(ugh) point of view where you can make fun of leaders. It's done all the time.

On the other hand, western intelligence agencies make a habit of abusing free speech laws to spread disinformation and conduct psyops on entire nations via social media. Shit, they did massive psyops in America during the pandemic. This is all with the aim of destabilizing enemy nations. So I get why they have restrictions. Just look at how many of my countrymen bought the lies about Ukraine and now are worm chow.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
On the other hand, western intelligence agencies make a habit of abusing free speech laws to spread disinformation and conduct psyops on entire nations via social media. Shit, they did massive psyops in America during the pandemic. This is all with the aim of destabilizing enemy nations. So I get why they have restrictions. Just look at how many of my countrymen bought the lies about Ukraine and now are worm chow.
If the Stronk Russian Nation can be destabilized by Twitter, then I don't think it has any reason to exist.

Reaction score
Awards
If the Stronk Russian Nation can be destabilized by Twitter, then I don't think it has any reason to exist.
I'm not actually Pro-Russian on any meaningful level but to say that in the age of rule of the lowest common denominator and social media being viewed as an actual news source, that if a country can be 'destabilised' by social media, it is not worthy to exist is just foolish. If you go to Britain and ask the population that was previously bawling about meanie Drumpf almost causing WW3 like 60 times and going to antiwar rallies, what their opinion on Ukraine is you will hear people baying for the blood of every Russian to ever be birthed on God's earth. Propaganda is something that objectively exists and is used by every competent and able state on Earth, on their population or others.

FpSFP_WaAAEBmYM.jpeg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Propaganda is something that objectively exists and is used by every competent and able state on Earth, on their population or others.
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak isn't arresting people for having noodles on their ears because he's afraid the internet is going to destroy his country, so I don't think those two situations are comparable.

you think so, but then you have movements sprouting up inside of Russia where they arrest 20K, you have militant Russians fighting against their own nation, and these take away resources. The point isn't really destabilization, because it won't get to that point due to the internet censorship, but it does cause problems that take away time and resources. Over time these can compound as the dissenters increase in size until you really do destabilize.

You can see the same things going in the the US where people are so vested in their own shitty faction that they fail to see their wealth and nation being plundered out from under them. So much factionalism that now there is open talk of secession where such a thing was previously unthinkable.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Notice the keywords here. Russia and Russian.

Can you imagine this happening in Canada?
Its happening right now in America. Where people want to split off because the factionalism caused by the free flow of disinformation has caused people to view each other as the enemy. And Canada had its own massive censorship and oppression against the peaceful trucker protests. Things like bank accounts frozen for even donating to the cause, or even being tangentially related. Even as far as just being caught in the general area.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
And Canada had its own massive censorship and oppression against the peaceful trucker protests.
Social media in Russia: Can cause a civil war and mass arrests.
Social media in Canada: The government got mad at some truckers for honking their horns and causing a traffic jam that one time.

Social media in Russia: Can cause a civil war and mass arrests.
Social media in Canada: The government got mad at some truckers for honking their horns and causing a traffic jam that one time.
Its not causing a civil war since it was halted by the authorities, and your intentional obtuseness leads to suspicions of retardation, intentional trolling, or both.

But in any case, it wasn't just traffic jam that one time. It was a protest for a real and legitimate viewpoint. and your light take on the oppression, jailing, and censorship of the truckers will likely come to bite you in the ass eventually.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Sidewinder91

Active Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Its not causing a civil war since it was halted by the authorities
Thank god the heroic Russian cops arrested noodle man before he could have plunged the stronk nation into chaos.

But in any case, it wasn't just traffic jam that one time. It was a protest for a real and legitimate viewpoint. and your light take on the oppression, jailing, and censorship of the truckers will likely come to bite you in the ass eventually.
Take your meds dude.

The Freedom Convoy isn't remotely comparable to 20K arrested and militants fighting the government.