What's new
  • Donate and support Agora Road's Macintosh Cafe to keep the forum alive and make any necessary upgrades to have a more pleasant experience! In addition, you will be able to have "moods" enabled on your profile and have donation only awards! Update: I configured the site with Brave Browser, so you can send tips to the site with BAT.

You can now donate directly to the forum without signing up for patreon. You will still have all of the same perks in patreon but its now one less sign up method. It will be under Account Upgrades

What about your current life will make you nostalgic in the future?

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps one thing I might be nostalgic for when I'm 60 or 70 is looking back at all the diversity and wokeness being promoted today. Now when it comes to what I actually think about diversity, it's very complex and I don't want to start a flame war but I'm pretty meritocratic and I believe diversity can be good when it's treated with dignity. Anyways, if humanity matures and the right outcome becomes real, we will look back at this era as being kind of cringe because of how tryhard it was. Mainly remembering how companies tried too hard to actually care about what they believed in.

But this really depends on what the paradigm is in the future. Much like how some people look back at the edginess in the 2000s and it being kind of cringe and tryhard even if it absolutely has it's charm.

I think "content creation" games will be another thing I would be nostalgic for especially if they somehow go away. Games like Mario Maker, Minecraft, Terraria, etc.

Also, I have a really good feeling that open-world games WILL be missed if the paradigm shifts to restrictive linear games and it's contrasted with awful open-world games. People will miss the freedom an open-world game gives.

"Remember open-world games? Remember when developers gave us the tools to just frick around and not care about the story? Remember when they respected how we go about a mission?"

It's hard to predict what people will be nostalgic for. It really depends on what the culture is like.

I think I'll also be very nostalgic over Sonic frontiers and Pokemon Legends Arceus.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My oldest son is in school. He has changed as he's gotten older and now I look back at when he was a three-yer-old and I kind of miss those days. My youngest son is three now. I assume in the future, I'll be nostalgic for when he was three as well. Your relationship with your kids is a lot simpler before they are in school.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Aral Khanym

Steppe Dweller
Reaction score
Awards
Website
aralsheart.ichi.city
Good question. I think I'll be nostalgic about my cats. They are 10 years old and they grew up with me. Got them as kittens when I was 12-13 years old. They've seen everything. One of them has chronic kidney disease and his health may worsen at any moment.

I may also be nostalgic for the long lone walks I can take in the fields here, although I'm not much attached to the place I live in. It still has some pretty sights.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Containment Chat
Rules Help Users
  • handoferis:
    then i can keep shitposting on the same slack
  • Junious:
    oooo i spent a month in portugal and it was very nice. drank absinthe in the algarve and chilled on cliff surrounded beaches
  • Cobalt:
    Junious said:
    i could only ever see myself living in rural america or rural canada. the redneck culture is very similar
    Go to rural Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, or upper peninsula Michigan. It's basically Canada (Same northwoods feel) but you can own guns and shit
    +1
  • handoferis:
    i like shooting but honestly don't see the appeal of actually owning a gun
  • Cobalt:
    handoferis said:
    i like shooting but honestly don't see the appeal of actually owning a gun
    Have you ever shot a gun before?
  • handoferis:
    yes
  • Jackeline:
    Cobalt said:
    Have you ever shot a gun before?
    I did
  • handoferis:
    i go clay shooting with work friend sometimes
  • Jackeline:
    we used to shoot guns with my cousins back in my hometown
  • handoferis:
    and like, yeah, it's fun
  • handoferis:
    i enjoy it
  • Jackeline:
    my cousin had a sick ass m14
  • Junious:
    every weekend in my area it sounds like a warzone in my area with the amount of recreational shooting going on
  • handoferis:
    still not minded to go buy a shotgun about it
  • Jackeline:
    he modified the ironsights
  • Junious:
    when everyone is strapped, you best be strapped too
  • 雨、Some_porcupine、 逃げ出した後:
    did on sports day, but totally missed it
  • Jackeline:
    he changed the m14 ironsight by an Ar module handle
    +1
  • Jackeline:
    lol
  • Jackeline:
    i fucking love guns
  • Jackeline:
    i want to buy a revolver
  • Jackeline:
    but in my country you need to be at least 21 to have a gun license
  • Cobalt:
    I can't wait until I'm 21 and can walk around on campus with a concealed Makarov
  • Junious:
    how are the gun laws in guatemala?
    Junious: how are the gun laws in guatemala?