What about your current life will make you nostalgic in the future?

naa

In the future, what do you think you'll be nostalgic for from the current time period you're living through? In 10 years, what about right now will make you nostalgic? I know a lot of people here have nostalgia for things they experienced when they were much younger, so I want to know what about this current time period sticks out to you as something that'd trigger nostalgia.

Deleted member 2040

It's so much easier to not show up to social settings given the pandemic, which is both a good and bad thing. Good because it gives me more time do spend time on things which are important and forget about the frivolous things which once meant so much. Bad, well because it limits what we can do when we feel like whiling away time. But as far as memory goes, it's the good we remember.

You can never really tell. Earlier times in my life, I remember hating where I was at and every moment feeling terrible, yet in the future I can now look at it in a positive light. Most of the time, I get nostalgic over small things I can barely remember, so ten years from now I could probably get nostalgic over some stupid shit like a piece of paper next to me.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Not much has been happening to me these days but I am already noticing something. Early this year my grandma moved homes and my phantasia has not caught onto that, the place still continues to be our home in my dreams. It's a place I have always seen my grandma living in since as far as I can remember because I am the reason she moved there. Letting go has been painful and I already felt something last time I passed by the house.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Throwed Genji

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
linktr.ee
Great question, I often get surprised when I end up nostalgic for something that happened just a couple years back, listening to the music you were listening to at the time seems to bring you right back. I would probably get nostalgic for the free time that I have being that things are winding down and I really need to put in even more work.

Virtual Cafe Awards

[lime]

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
im still in highschool so i think i have a lot of potential nostalgia inducing things coming up, but ive definetely noticed its always the small things that get me worked up, another interesting thing is that no matter how much i suffer and endure now, ill still find a way to think things were easier back when, ig its kinda just a human thing. ill definetly miss being around ppl my age and friends all day

Virtual Cafe Awards

vaporwavemaster1

Eccojamming Emperor
Reaction score
Awards
これは良い質問です。私は時々これについて自分で疑問に思いました

現在人気のあるウェブサイトのほとんどは、将来的にはなくなります。私が最初にインターネットを使い始めたとき、インターネットは完全に異なって見えたので、将来、私が今好きなもののほとんどは機能しなくなると思います。これは必ずしも悪いことではありません。私もブラウジングを楽しむことができる新しいウェブサイトがあるからです。それでも、物事は間違いなく変わるでしょう。

大阪も大きく変わります。毎年、人口が増えるようです。すぐにそれはサイズの点で東京に匹敵するかもしれません。いろいろなバックグラウンドの新しい人と出会えるので気に入っていますが、若い頃の大阪も覚えています。政治と大衆文化は常にここに移っています。

このような質問は、私がここに持っているもの、そして今ではもっとたくさんあることに感謝しています。いつか自分が今持っているものに懐かしくなることを考えると、現在の重要性が明らかになります。
進捗.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

yokitokola

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I moved away for a little while and came back a month ago. I have always hated the environment I live in (desert) but seeing those northern mountains turn pink in the cool fall/winter evening's sunset... feels amazing to see again. I used to write stories about what would be in the mountains when I was in high school. Definitely something I will feel nostalgic for when I leave again. That, and peacefully browsing the internet while my cat sits on my lap.

Virtual Cafe Awards
In the future, what do you think you'll be nostalgic for from the current time period you're living through? In 10 years, what about right now will make you nostalgic? I know a lot of people here have nostalgia for things they experienced when they were much younger, so I want to know what about this current time period sticks out to you as something that'd trigger nostalgia.
I think living in my little apartment right in the middle of the city with all the hustle and bustle, and then the period in time when that bustle completely died out and I lived like a hermit in this tiny apartment.

Funny thing about nostalgia it'll be a blend of both the good and bad things and somehow you'll long for both of them.

Virtual Cafe Awards

TigrEncounter

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I have a negative take on that. My previous 2 years has been tragic, unproductive, most importantly sad. The only nostalgic thing I'll ever feel after 10 years is that I woke up from a state where I beleived literally anyone's words and things. I'll be nostalgic about that I finally learned to stand by my own side whatever happens, that I'm starting to have more autonome thoughts, not waiting for feedbacks if should I do something or not. That's the only thing that'll make me feel nostalgic about my current life after 10 years. :doodleDavid:

Virtual Cafe Awards
I have a negative take on that. My previous 2 years has been tragic, unproductive, most importantly sad. The only nostalgic thing I'll ever feel after 10 years is that I woke up from a state where I beleived literally anyone's words and things. I'll be nostalgic about that I finally learned to stand by my own side whatever happens, that I'm starting to have more autonome thoughts, not waiting for feedbacks if should I do something or not. That's the only thing that'll make me feel nostalgic about my current life after 10 years. :doodleDavid:
I really hope people will be able to look back one day and recognise how utterly and ridiculously tribal we've become, and wake up from the lunatic notion that being liberal and left leaning means you're the enlightened and informed one by default..

Virtual Cafe Awards

kultra

veteran n00b
Reaction score
Awards
Here's to hoping I won't be nostalgic for being spied on slightly less and needing to sell my soul to use any services or devices, including my car. I really feel if I miss anything about this moment in time, it will be because things managed to get worse, because tbh it's just gotten really stupid.

My nostalgia was usually for something that was in a niche, and things have become so over saturated or coated in politics I haven't really been in one for awhile now. Unless this forum counts I suppose. PepSiDawgwitcan

Virtual Cafe Awards
Here's to hoping I won't be nostalgic for being spied on slightly less and needing to sell my soul to use any services or devices, including my car. I really feel if I miss anything about this moment in time, it will be because things managed to get worse, because tbh it's just gotten really stupid.

My nostalgia was usually for something that was in a niche, and things have become so over saturated or coated in politics I haven't really been in one for awhile now. Unless this forum counts I suppose. PepSiDawgwitcan
Mmm yes I guess that's why most of my nostalgia is reserved for things from the late 90s and early 00s. I can genuinely say politics didn't worm its way into every single little thing back then.

Comedy was comedy
Games were games
Politics were politics
Movies were movies
Internet was free speech

Virtual Cafe Awards

NoSlacking

Live from the 7th Dimension via satellite
Reaction score
Awards
It's so much easier to not show up to social settings given the pandemic, which is both a good and bad thing. Good because it gives me more time do spend time on things which are important and forget about the frivolous things which once meant so much. Bad, well because it limits what we can do when we feel like whiling away time. But as far as memory goes, it's the good we remember.
This is a very interesting point to me. I've been lucky enough to not have to worry about things while in lockdowns over the last year or two, so its been a great chance to just sit inside and focus on things I really enjoy, without feeling guilty. I did a lot of travelling for my job, which involved a lot of hotel quarantine. The amount of fun I had just sat on my own in a hotel room, listening to ambient music, reading /x/ style content, and browsing places like this was great. Just being to fully relax in things I enjoy is what I will miss in the future when my life ineveitably gets more complicated.

Virtual Cafe Awards
This is a very interesting point to me. I've been lucky enough to not have to worry about things while in lockdowns over the last year or two, so its been a great chance to just sit inside and focus on things I really enjoy, without feeling guilty. I did a lot of travelling for my job, which involved a lot of hotel quarantine. The amount of fun I had just sat on my own in a hotel room, listening to ambient music, reading /x/ style content, and browsing places like this was great. Just being to fully relax in things I enjoy is what I will miss in the future when my life ineveitably gets more complicated.
Agreed, as things start to open up and the weekends / evenings fill out again I'm already missing the blank social calendar!

Virtual Cafe Awards

partyingwithpizza

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Without fail, music I used to obsess over gives me nostalgia. I feel a weird sad nostalgia while listening to songs that I was hooked on during the beginning of the pandemic while in lockdown. I've been listening to a lot of Ghostlo, Kaiit, SZA, Mac Demarco, and BROCKHAMPTON lately, so I think their music will give me nostalgia someday.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Steingar

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Honestly? My current situation.

I'm living in this really nice apartment on the 19th floor that has this amazing view of the city I live in. I share it with my girlfriend and one of my closest friends. Every Tuesday night we watch a movie togethor; I go for a swim in the apartment's outdoor pool, do some exercise in the gym, and relax in the jacuzzi; I longboard to work every day which only takes 8 minutes and get to spend time with some super chill people there; and when I come home I unwind by playing some PS4 sometimes.

It's so interesting reading online people's general discontent in life and hatred for their jobs, because while I totally understand it and have been there before (as recently as 2 years ago in fact), and I know that this period of relative bliss cannot last forever, for now at least, life is good.

I take it all for granted that at some point in the future I'll look back on this as one of the most pleasant periods of my life. All I can do is recognise that and be thankful.

Virtual Cafe Awards