What about your current life will make you nostalgic in the future?

PizzaW0lf

In search of something greater.
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps one thing I might be nostalgic for when I'm 60 or 70 is looking back at all the diversity and wokeness being promoted today. Now when it comes to what I actually think about diversity, it's very complex and I don't want to start a flame war but I'm pretty meritocratic and I believe diversity can be good when it's treated with dignity. Anyways, if humanity matures and the right outcome becomes real, we will look back at this era as being kind of cringe because of how tryhard it was. Mainly remembering how companies tried too hard to actually care about what they believed in.

But this really depends on what the paradigm is in the future. Much like how some people look back at the edginess in the 2000s and it being kind of cringe and tryhard even if it absolutely has it's charm.

I think "content creation" games will be another thing I would be nostalgic for especially if they somehow go away. Games like Mario Maker, Minecraft, Terraria, etc.

Also, I have a really good feeling that open-world games WILL be missed if the paradigm shifts to restrictive linear games and it's contrasted with awful open-world games. People will miss the freedom an open-world game gives.

"Remember open-world games? Remember when developers gave us the tools to just frick around and not care about the story? Remember when they respected how we go about a mission?"

It's hard to predict what people will be nostalgic for. It really depends on what the culture is like.

I think I'll also be very nostalgic over Sonic frontiers and Pokemon Legends Arceus.

Virtual Cafe Awards

punishedgnome

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
My oldest son is in school. He has changed as he's gotten older and now I look back at when he was a three-yer-old and I kind of miss those days. My youngest son is three now. I assume in the future, I'll be nostalgic for when he was three as well. Your relationship with your kids is a lot simpler before they are in school.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards
Good question. I think I'll be nostalgic about my cats. They are 10 years old and they grew up with me. Got them as kittens when I was 12-13 years old. They've seen everything. One of them has chronic kidney disease and his health may worsen at any moment.

I may also be nostalgic for the long lone walks I can take in the fields here, although I'm not much attached to the place I live in. It still has some pretty sights.

Virtual Cafe Awards