What are some good synths/drum kits that you guys use?

▩ シ c o a s t ▩

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
I personally use FL Studio to make my music and I'm looking to Branch out and find some new sounds.

StarLiner

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Website
starliner1.bandcamp.com
Vengeance Essential House vol 2 is very good. I think it's perfect to vaporwave and outrun music :D

Virtual Cafe Awards

reQverb

zen and back again
Reaction score
Awards
Website
soundcloud.com
I use a Korg Monologue quite a bit, but i think i'm going to switch over the poly pretty soon.

Virtual Cafe Awards

wfc

Been pooping noise out of my asshole since 2013
Reaction score
Awards
Website
whofukcingcares.bandcamp.com
For software i use fl studio and whatever free vsts i can find (http://www.vst4free.com is a good site).
For hardware ive made some good stuff with the Monotron Delay, Boss SP-303, Boss DR-202, and the Korg KP-3.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kevin

Composer and producer based in a comatose cloud
Reaction score
Awards
Website
ryanayresmusic.com
Synth1 is perhaps the best free utility synth ever made. Really flexible, and capable enough to do drum synthesis as well as pitched instruments if you're crafty enough!

Virtual Cafe Awards

Eis-T

The Taste of Late Capitalism
Reaction score
Awards
Website
eis-t.bandcamp.com
I had to use wayback machine to get there, but this was (and kinda still is) the shit. The Hollow Sun sample library.
There is a pack with all their drumkits floating around somewhere.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020328072528/http://www.hollowsun.com/

Welcome to Hollow Sun, a universe of free sounds to download for use with the Akai S5000 and S6000 samplers.

You will need WinZip (PC) or Zipit (Mac) or a compatible de-compressor (e.g. Stuffit Expander).

If you are using Akai's ak.Sys software, simply drag the folders that are produced from the .zip archive onto the MEMORY icon in the ak.Sys Browser to load the sounds into the sampler. Otherwise, save them to a suitable disk to use with your S5/6000.

The .zip archives contain the necessary samples and programs. No multis are included.

Virtual Cafe Awards

petemitchell

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
For synths I end up using Dexed a lot, which is a free DX7 plugin. That FM sound works really well for vaporwave.

For drums, I usually end up arranging samples on my timeline to create the beat the way I want it, as I'm often laying the beat on top of the one from the track I'm sampling. I tend to use 808 samples as I just really love that sound, and it is versatile enough that I can usually find the exact kick/clap/stare/hh etc that I want for a particular sound.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Greg_Delta

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Logic Pro X...it has tons of plugins man

Virtual Cafe Awards