What are some of your favorite Halloween movies/shows?

• Thread starter Shrug
  • Start date
  • This thread has been viewed 3741 times.

RisingThumb

Imaginary manifestation of fun
Reaction score
Awards
Website
risingthumb.xyz
not a show/movie but anyone remember this game?
That brings back some memories. I remember playing this game once or twice at a friend's house(I didn't own a PC at the time and the family PC was pretty bad).

On the topic of favourite halloween-style movies... I enjoyed Aliens.

Virtual Cafe Awards

NimbusNursery

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've always loved early 2000s Japanese horror movies, especially to put on around Halloween, but my favorite is definitely Noroi. It doesn't get as much attention as Ju-on or Ring though, which is unfortunate.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Cugel

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I've always loved early 2000s Japanese horror movies, especially to put on around Halloween, but my favorite is definitely Noroi. It doesn't get as much attention as Ju-on or Ring though, which is unfortunate.
Love Noroi! I've heard some films from the director's series Senritsu Kaiki were recently translated into English by fans. Was planning to track one down this month.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I'm a horrorhead so I usually ramp up watching the classics throughout October. But, I love Garfield's Halloween Adventure. I can't remember which TV station it was but they used to play it every Halloween and it became a tradition.
Halloween Garfield GIF by MOODMAN

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2652

Hell yes, bring the spoops!

Gonna recommend a true obscurity here with "Curse, Death & Spirit", an anthology chiller from the same dude behind "The Ring". The best way I'd describe it would be your typical J-horror fare mixed with the low budget feel and camp of, I dunno, Goosebumps? An odd mix but its fun with a capital "F" and is genuinely unsettling at times. If you don't mind the cheap camcorder look I wholeheartedly recommend ya'll hit this up. Just be sure to invite your friends and crack open a few cold ones.

412JYH7V3CL.jpg

Cugel

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Hell yes, bring the spoops!

Gonna recommend a true obscurity here with "Curse, Death & Spirit", an anthology chiller from the same dude behind "The Ring". The best way I'd describe it would be your typical J-horror fare mixed with the low budget feel and camp of, I dunno, Goosebumps? An odd mix but its fun with a capital "F" and is genuinely unsettling at times. If you don't mind the cheap camcorder look I wholeheartedly recommend ya'll hit this up. Just be sure to invite your friends and crack open a few cold ones.

412JYH7V3CL.jpg
This looks awesome, thanks for the rec! I love goofy Japanese found footage anthologies

Virtual Cafe Awards

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I watched a ton of Koreans horror movies recently and while not being halloween movies they've definitely actived my spooky season mode early. The wailing was great. I think pulse would be a good Halloween atmosphere movie tho. Has some real unique spooks and atmosphere
Loved the wailing as well. There's a goldmine of good korean films out there. Ever seen Thirst or I Saw the Devil? Two other great korean horrors. Thirst is more on the goofy side and I Saw the Devil is more on the extremely heavy and gruesome side, but both have their charms. Pulse, as well as the same director's Cure have been on my list but I haven't gotten around to them yet. Guess I've got an excuse with Halloween looming.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RIG

Starship Trooper
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
Website
store.steampowered.com
Loved the wailing as well. There's a goldmine of good korean films out there. Ever seen Thirst or I Saw the Devil? Two other great korean horrors. Thirst is more on the goofy side and I Saw the Devil is more on the extremely heavy and gruesome side, but both have their charms. Pulse, as well as the same director's Cure have been on my list but I haven't gotten around to them yet. Guess I've got an excuse with Halloween looming.
I saw the devil was really good, I think next on my korean horror list is a tale of two sisters

Virtual Cafe Awards

Deleted member 2040

while it doesn't exactly shout "I am a Halloween-season movie," Scanners by Cronenberg is one of my favorite horror movies for personal reasons. it has 'soul', as they say

Anything 70's Cronenberg spooks. My favorite was the BROOD, especially with the little monster bastards, perhaps one of my favorite fictional groups of all times

Attachments

• BROOD.jpg
    BROOD.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 54

Deleted member 2040

Can you recommend any other Korean horror / horror thrillers? I've seen a few Korean thrillers and my oh my they do thrillers better than Hollywood.

Deleted member 2652

Overgrowth

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Can you recommend any other Korean horror / horror thrillers? I've seen a few Korean thrillers and my oh my they do thrillers better than Hollywood.
My favorite Korean thriller is probably Memories of Murder, I also liked Lady Vengeance and The Handmaiden. The Host I watched last night, entertaining but I wouldn't put it among the best I've seen. An interesting monster movie though.

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
I know this is really basic, but Nightmare Before Christmas is a tradition of mine!

Tim Burton Christmas GIF

Virtual Cafe Awards

Shrug

Hipster Doofus
Reaction score
Awards
I know this is really basic, but Nightmare Before Christmas is a tradition of mine!

Tim Burton Christmas GIF
I used to watch this with my mom a lot when I was a kid, so it's a cozy movie for me :)
I kinda resent the cringy type of person associated with it nowadays though.

Virtual Cafe Awards
I love watching a lot of the Halloween specials, movies and TV shows I grew up with around this time of year.
A lot of the prior mentioned, Scooby doo on Zombie Island, Scooby Doo and the witches Ghost, Schooby doo and the Ghoul School, Hocus Pocus, a lot of shows and movies that were geared towards kids in the 80s and 90s.

This movie is a Disney channel original and super funny to watch as a kid as well as an adult. It's called Underwraps and its from 1997, I just watched it the other day because its been years since I last watched it (This is the OG not the remake) You can find it for free on YT

The 80s Worst witch special with Tim curry's Amazing performance

The little Vampire (2000)

It's the Great pumpkin Charlie Brown Is such a Classic

Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Wolfman

I loved watching Tales from the Darkside as a kid, It's like Goosebumps style where each episode is a different story
I have the whole series on DVD, its worth checking out if you love horror
Here's the playlist I have going on with some cool saved things to watch

Virtual Cafe Awards

H1ssss

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Website
a-fortress-high.neocities.org
It's that spooky time of year again! What are some of your favorite movies or shows to watch to get into that comfy autumn vibe? I really like Over the Garden Wall.
Stalker by Andrei Tarkovsky. Long slow movie about nuclear wasteland. Not horror but creepy as fuck. Also Halloween.

Virtual Cafe Awards