What are the most aesthetic games out there?

Also, obligatory Synthetik post.

synthetik.jpg

Virtual Cafe Awards

Turtle Guy

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Some Grasshopper Manufacture games are just gorgeous, such as Killer 7 and The 25th Ward: The Silver Case.
1658784253244.png
20220421150329_1.jpg

Also some Treasure games are beautiful in their action and scenery.

Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

Alien Soldier

Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth

Virtual Cafe Awards
Reaction score
Awards
speaking of "looks like a zoomer's idea of retro vaporwave but is actually real"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoCFToFstSY

I find that obscure yet higher end systems and tech capture the Vaporwave aestetic and feel better. Known nostalgia. Not only does the beefier specs bring out the aesthetic of the era better, but since most people didn't grow up or have something like a Philips CD-i or an Amiga (Europeans don't count), it creates a general feeling of nostalgia instead of a direct "OMG I KNOW THIS!!!" used for cheap merch and jokes.

Virtual Cafe Awards

RustedZaku

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Brigador is probably one of the most aesthetic games I've played as of late. It's got a really well put together visual style and a stellar synthwave soundtrack to back it up.
They brought on a military sci-fi author to write the story too, so it's also no slouch in that department. It really makes you FEEL like a mercenary overthrowing the government to help create a space banana republic.
Fucking A dude. Brigador is the closest thing we'll get to a VOTOMS game(other than Heavy Gear) and I'm excited to see Brigador Killers.