What are you currently reading?

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
Just finished Choke by Chuck Palahniuk, he's once again proved why he's my favorite author. I think I'm gonna spend this summer reading through his whole bibliography, with Lullaby up next. I also read through Norm Macdonalds book Based On a True Story, really really funny, if you're a fan of his I highly recommend. One of the only books to make me consistently laugh out loud.

Virtual Cafe Awards

WKYK

LIVE FREE OR DIE
Reaction score
Awards
Website
wkyk.neocities.org
think I'm gonna spend this summer reading through his whole bibliography, with Lullaby up next.
Read Lullaby, pretty good but so far my least favorite of his books I've read.

I also read through "Brief Interviews With Hideous Men" by David Foster Wallace... I don't really know how to feel about it. On one hand I really enjoyed some of the stories (Octet, BIWHM, Adult World 1 and 2, Signifying Nothing) but a lot of the others felt like they either went over my head with their significance to the overall theme or just sucked to read. Some stories like "The Depressed Person" and "On His Deathbed..." were good but felt 10 pages too long, and stories like "Tri-Stan..." and "Church Not Made With Hands" were just too confusing for me to enjoy (Although I found "Tri-Stan..." to be far more understandable than "Church Not Made With Hands"). So overall not sure if I'm a huge fan of Wallace's writing, however I am going to read "Consider The Lobster" by him to give his non-fiction writing a chance.

Virtual Cafe Awards

esckeywest

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I'm currently struggling through Jean Genet's The Thief's Journal and William Benemann's Unruly Desires: American Sailors and Homosexualities in the Age of Sail. Between Genet's piss-elegant prose and Benemann's dry nonfiction, I'm just about tired of reading for awhile...

Vitnira

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I love the variety of books Agorans read. We're clearly an intellectually diverse people.

I'm boring so I've been going through Simplicity Parenting on audiobook and Making Embedded Systems on ebook.

Before I was audio-reading the first chronological Elric books and I found them boring so I stopped.

Reading choices all over the place man.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Yabba

Ex Fed
Reaction score
Awards
Technically I'm not reading this book anymore but I finished it a couple hours ago. The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch, which cemented Philip K Dick as one of my all time favorites.

Virtual Cafe Awards

LostintheCycle

Formerly His Holelineß
Reaction score
Awards
I have been reading a lot now that my classes are over.
- The Mythical Man-month, already a third of the way through it. Will revisit more slowly after this initial reading.
- Bertrand Russel's Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy. I'm going slow with it, I've gone through three chapters so far. After this I may try to tackle Principia Mathematica.

Virtual Cafe Awards

silktrader

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
i dont think this counts since i havent picked up a book in a while but ever since i found out about 1d6chan i have been binging that shit like its the summer of 2019. its good stuff, nice to peek into a date and age where 4cuck boards actually had a little digital culture surrounding them.

Virtual Cafe Awards