What are you currently reading?

nagolbud

Political correctness is thought control!
Reaction score
Awards
I'm reading a book called Holy Blood, Holy Grail. It explores the possibility that the historical Jesus was never crucified and instead sired children with Mary Magdalene. I don't think I believe it but it's also just as plausable as anything presented in the Bible, at least in my opinion.

Typical college kid atheist response. Heard it a few times before from your professor when I saw him in drag selling his body on main street. I was on my way to get some food and I was like wtf... crazy because I saw him again at the library the next day doing a drag queen story lesson talking about the same book you're talking about... It's like god hating college educated atheists were programmed the same way on purpose... #conspiracy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y3ZIBN7fc

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm reading a book called Holy Blood, Holy Grail. It explores the possibility that the historical Jesus was never crucified and instead sired children with Mary Magdalene. I don't think I believe it but it's also just as plausable as anything presented in the Bible, at least in my opinion.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Novem_IX

MIAMI VICE MINDSET
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
check out jack london (my current obsession)
Jack London is such a chad author. The Sea Wolf is one of my favorites, Wolf Larsen was a great character.

Virtual Cafe Awards

xXzoomerXx

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Reading goetia again, might potentially spend money. Before hand though wish me luck that i actually learn stuff. Some people say you don't need a circle construct, some people say use this tool! or this tool.. Nevertheless if you ever get into magick don't do it to "get stuff" because it might or might not work but in the end it's not as fulfilling. Protip: use smoke and mirror to see daemon, you can't "spawn" them unless you take drugs costanzayeahrightsmirk

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
check out jack london (my current obsession)
I read some of his stuff when I was in middle school and high school. I definitely intend on going back to some of his other works that I did not read.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Vaporweeb

Its n-not like I like you or anything!
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
falsememories.neocities.org
Been cracking through Game Engine Black Book: Doom occasionally for the past few months.
It's an in-depth exploration of the hardware and software that was used by id software to make Doom back in 1993.
I'm no computer science expert (with modern hard/software, let alone those of the early 90's), so I don't really understand it a whole lot, but I find it supremely interesting nonetheless.
You can get the whole book as a pdf for free from the author's site, but I shelled out for the physical edition, which has really nice full-color images and is well-made for the size (and boy is it a hefty pack of paper).

Highly recommend if you're an old-school tech/pc game fan, even if you barely understand a lot of it, like I don't. Just be sure to keep google at the ready for the more foreign stuff.

EDIT:
The author has one in the same style, but for Wolfenstein 3D. I'll check it out when I'm done with Doom. I hope he makes one on Quake in the future.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Currently reading Neuromancer by William Gibson. Its a great read, and also topical (invented the term cyberspace for instance).
Non-fiction wise, I'm reading Shamanism and the bardic mysteries in Britain and Ireland by John Matthews.
s-l640.jpg
neuromancerwilliamgibsoncover.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

0ur0b0r0s

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
Currently reading 3 books at once - all of them I find extremely interesting

- The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin
- The Anglo-American Establishment by Carroll Quigley
- Technological Enslavement by Theodore Kaczynski (Yes that one guy)

All 3 have been supremely fascinating.
I've heard about the contents of the two (seems like Quigleys book is crazy! He has some live interviews too), and have listened to "that one guys" famous work as an audiobook.
Good selection! All future reads for me.

Virtual Cafe Awards

white0walls

Nagolbud #1 fan
Reaction score
Awards
I'm currently reading One Hundred Years of Solitude and an Islamic book simultaneously

PAINTKILLER

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Re-reading Tom Robbins' masterpiece "Tibetan Peach Pie".

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards

Attachments

• 85bfb950b541dd5340dc059fab4855c1.jpg
    85bfb950b541dd5340dc059fab4855c1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 52
Virtual Cafe Awards
I've just finished re-reading 1984, I remember reading it partly when I was 14 but I have no idea if I finished it.
Now I'm not sure what to read, thinking of picking back up Eichmann in Jerusalem. I had started reading it a while ago but stopped for I don't remember which reason. I kinda want to read it all the way through though.
I'm tempted to find and buy the Gulag Archipelago again as well, I used to have it but can't find it anymore (lost it or gave it away?). I want to get started on reading books in Russian but there might be a lot of words I don't know yet, so.. idk

Virtual Cafe Awards

Outer Heaven

Stranger in a strange land
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
I've just finished re-reading 1984
The ending of that book pissed me off so much I actually threw it at the wall. Great book but too pessimistic for me.
Gulag Archipelago
Read Two Hundred Years Together if you're going to read Solzjenitsyn.

Virtual Cafe Awards