What are you currently reading?

Currently reading:

The Jakarta Method by Vincent Bevins

JakartaMethod_10c.jpg

About halfway through and it's very good. The author has a great style, making the book feel like an exciting drama at times, which is definitely helped by the fact that everything is actually happened and it was some heinous shit. Definitely recommend it.

The Panthers Can't Save Us Now by Cedric Johnson

9781839766305-58d4d975b615e433e627ebfcc8d104f1.jpg

This one is more a collection of essays that attempt to convince the Left to abandon politics based on ethnicity in favor of a broader politics based around economic inequality and injustices. In short, the book is a response to the attempt by some on the Left to frame the BLM movement as the new Black Panthers movement. Recommended.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lemonade

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
I've been reading the same Hesse book for a year now, Peter Camenzind.

Virtual Cafe Awards

gaymen

Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I am reading "Confessions of A Mask," by this chad Mishima.

Attachments

• MISHIMA.jpg
    MISHIMA.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 47
Virtual Cafe Awards

shinobu

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Awards
The 4-hour chef
I have so many skills I want to learn to make stuff with them so a traditional path would probably be pretty hard. A book like this that covers metalearning concepts and shows you how to apply those concepts (missing in so many books) seems like right up my alley so I'm halfway through it.
81KdF6TVZQL.jpg

Also Brandon Sanderson's The Way of Kings
After reading Mistborn's first trilogy, the Reckoners trilogy, Warbreaker and The Rithmatist, I found this book in a bookstore and it wasn't too expensive so I decided to start on this first of ten (?) planned books of this epic. It's pretty good so far, 200 pages into it.
TheWayOfKings.png

Virtual Cafe Awards

Pacing Tape

Idealistic Pillock
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Website
pacing-tape.itch.io
I'm in two books right now, one for school and one for personal reasons. The first is The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet, which is a bit of an odd bit of historical fiction, something about a Japanese mountain cult that breeds and eats babies. The book is an Epic, so it's sort of got an odd change of point of view and some quirks. Enjoying it a lot though.
The second is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which I've mentioned before in a previous thread. It's on loan from my dad and I'm almost done with it but haven't been reading lately. Both are great books which I highly recommend.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Still a Youth

Well-Known Traveler
Reaction score
Awards
I'm in two books right now, one for school and one for personal reasons. The first is The Thousand Autumns of Jacob De Zoet, which is a bit of an odd bit of historical fiction, something about a Japanese mountain cult that breeds and eats babies. The book is an Epic, so it's sort of got an odd change of point of view and some quirks. Enjoying it a lot though.
The second is Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which I've mentioned before in a previous thread. It's on loan from my dad and I'm almost done with it but haven't been reading lately. Both are great books which I highly recommend.
Zen is a good one. I love the scene where he winds up in some small town dressed as a cuban guerilla

Virtual Cafe Awards

LincolnJames

Aspiring tiger rider
Reaction score
Awards
I'm reading The Silmarillion

Currently rereading the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien ...

That's two for the Silmarillion. I have it somewhere but have never read it. Perhaps I'll start that next.

I'm currently reading South, Ernest Shackleton's book on his 1914-1917 expedition to Antarctica...

Another I'll add to the list. Thanks.

... Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, which I've mentioned before in a previous thread.

Added. Thanks.

The Bhagavad Gita

I'm going through the Gita as well.

Last edited:
Virtual Cafe Awards

Bakaneko33

Certified Retard
Reaction score
Awards
Website
bit.ly
Dr. Stone just ended :'-) so im probably gonna start reading rurouni kenshin or keep reading some gundam mangas

Virtual Cafe Awards