What are you currently reading?

Natalia Simp

My Queen!
Reaction score
Awards
Leviathan's Fall. Wish to jump into TWoW right after, so I'm taking it real slow.

Virtual Cafe Awards

kswiss

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards

Futu.re​

by
Dmitry Glukhovsky

I've been putting this one off for a min after I read the first few chapters, very very good writing. I need to finish it.
(btw, the author is the same one who created the Metro: 2033 franchise)

Virtual Cafe Awards

Bakaneko33

Certified Retard
Reaction score
Awards
Website
bit.ly
Read Grappler baki, Garouden, Holyland or Shamo.
All rounder Meguru is very good too
ive heard only good things about baki but idk if i can handle the art :LaughHard: that being said i SHOULD finally get to reading ashita no joe

Virtual Cafe Awards

SomaSpice

Sandwich Maker
Silver
Reaction score
Awards
I'm following kengan omega, its a martial arts manga, and sequel to kengan ashura. Shit's jumped the shark bad and I love it.

It went from a story about an underground bloodsport asociation where elite businesses settle their shady deals, to something about assasin clans with eugenic superpowers, clones, and people inheriting memories and personalities through brainwashing. They introduced a super overpowered villian only to have him die of a brain aneurysm/cardiac arrest on his first fight, to only introduce an even stronger villian and have him die on his first fight because he was "too strong". Then they introduce the child of that villain as the next antagonist, which, turns out is a clone of the previous villain that has been brainwashed to have his dad's memories. And his name is Gilbert.

The story is nonsensical and the author is a hack. Don't read it. 10/10.

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
I replied to this thread back in January, but since it is now back on the latest posts I will offer an update on what I am reading. As of right now I am working on some of Thomas Paine's works including Common Sense and The American Crisis.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Lonely_Ghost

The one
Reaction score
Awards
ive heard only good things about baki but idk if i can handle the art :LaughHard: that being said i SHOULD finally get to reading ashita no joe
The art weirdly grows on you. It looks weird and terrible at first but it's actually used really well to convey motion and expression. It's definitely a lot of fun to read.
I'm following kengan omega, its a martial arts manga, and sequel to kengan ashura. Shit's jumped the shark bad and I love it.

It went from a story about an underground bloodsport asociation where elite businesses settle their shady deals, to something about assasin clans with eugenic superpowers, clones, and people inheriting memories and personalities through brainwashing. They introduced a super overpowered villian only to have him die of a brain aneurysm/cardiac arrest on his first fight, to only introduce an even stronger villian and have him die on his first fight because he was "too strong". Then they introduce the child of that villain as the next antagonist, which, turns out is a clone of the previous villain that has been brainwashed to have his dad's memories. And his name is Gilbert.

Kengan Omega may be the single biggest fall from grace i've ever seen any series have. I stopped reading it years ago at the start of the purg tournament because i thought it had really taken a turn for the worse but it's bewildering to return to it and find that the things that made you quit it originally are still miles better then what it's like now.

Virtual Cafe Awards

cyberdream

Internet Refugee
Reaction score
Awards
Just like the threads we have for music & video games, what books are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Everyday Chaos by Brian Clegg. Kind of a popcorn book, pretty sparse on any deeper understanding of the topics at hand, but sometimes it's fun & can lead your thoughts into new directions to "take a step back" & look at the world from a bird's eye perspective before going back to being enmeshed in details. Very beautiful design too, one of the most beautifully put together books I've ever picked up.
Nowadays? Nothing. But some weeks ago I finished Battle Royale by Koushun Takami and I really loved it, maybe the best book I have in my bookshelf.

Virtual Cafe Awards
The Origin of Wealth by Eric Beinhocker. Fascinating book that's refreshingly violent against the axioms of traditional economics. Great introduction to where your brain needs to be if you want to work with business in 2022.

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards

based kengan enjoyer

Virtual Cafe Awards

Taleisin

Lab-coat Illuminatus
Bronze
Reaction score
Awards
Read Grappler baki, Garouden, Holyland or Shamo.
All rounder Meguru is very good too
Have you read Kenji? You really have to if you haven't yet.
Don't worry about artstyle it changes soon

Virtual Cafe Awards

ThyOde17

Tree Spiking Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awards
As per tradition, every time I see this thread I will reply.

At the moment, I am reading the play Otho the Great by John Keats. It was not at all well received during or after his life and I can kind of see why. Still, something interesting to read given the fact he is one of my favorite poets ever.

Virtual Cafe Awards